Nostalgia

90 Pandaren Monk
BWAAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/31/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Litavis
And that's largely what made the game fun. You felt like every time you logged into the Scryers, you were walking into your favorite bar. When we became a "preferred" server, and the free transfers opened up, so many people flooded in it was impossible to keep up with them all. It was like a small town where oil had just been discovered, and all the big city folks came in to stake a claim.

That sums it up. Especially the favorite bar part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Forgot to add to my post:

You know you've been playing on this server too long when you remember a time BEFORE Taltos trolled alliance trade chat.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/31/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Anablue
The point of me making this thread is that it is a very unwelcome feeling to look at the servers I've played on and realize how many people will have even a clue as to what i'm speaking about.

I don't know how to troll the original post. There is just no point to it. The OP seems to just want to draw attention to himself and his "I used to love this server *dramatic pose*, but it has changed over time and even though I'm not here *another dramatic pose*, I feel unwelcome *end of dramatic pose*". Huh? Also, L2paragraph.

And then its followed by a buncha whiney girls like Finni who reminisce like my granddad who always reminds me how he saw small pox and had a black and white TV. WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS CRAP? Completely useless thread. I'm dumber for having read it.

I was saying it like I would in regular language. And thats not even close to what I was saying. I was simply stating that it sucks losing contact with the friends you had over multiple servers. For instance, pvping with Baumel and Mappy at 4am in the morning and staying up till the following afternoon then crashing out till raid time and then just hangin with your buds till the wee hours of the morning again. How could one not miss that?
Reply Quote
A large ploblem is with the game itself a lot has changed in it to give less of a small comunity feeling. LFR , CRZ ect. I wasnt here for Halla but had a lot of great times in Wintergrasp , also i allways liked Dal and the entire neutal city deal you would see the other side and what they were up to ,( mostly just chilling on bank steps )
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Nature, I've always hated you and you know.

For the last time, No.One.Cares.About.Your.Feelings.

Go away.

~H~
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
RIP TBC/WOTLK Scryers. Oh, how I miss you. Those were some of the most fun times I've had playing video games.
Edited by Vinh on 2/4/2013 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Oh Hissy, don't make me blush. And Vinh, I couldn't agree more.
Reply Quote
I have enjoyed this realm. I started shortly after TBC was released. Things were very lively especially world PvP. I have seen lots of ups and downs with guilds and people. I still cherish the people I have met and the things I was learned here. A quick shout out to Neuro and Mappy from the Imperium days along with Vyn, Nature, Hisana, Addy, and the host of others along the way. Cheers to you all and here is to meeting up in battle again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
God I hate you.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
02/05/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Hissana
God I hate you.

You still owe me an Ulduar run punk.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Nice to hear from you Toivo. We had some good times. And Anti! Missed you as well, theres just too many people to mention haha.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm new to the game, and new to the scryers, but what I've seen a lot of on the server is needless, pointless guild drama causing blow ups, break ups and mass exodus.

I've only been playing since mid cata, so personally I can't say I know many if any of the names in the OP, but I do know a lot of players who've been here since vanilla and BC. My wife had a guild just as BC hit on Scryers called Red Moon Rising, the GM of Hell, a big guild in BC and WotLK and his wife recently joined my guild. I regularly raid with a few people who've been around since BC and before as well/ The common thread among all of them is that "We really like this server, but things got so nuts and stressful we had to move" or some stopped playing altogether.

Change is a constant, people, guilds, they come and they go, the best you can do is make yourself happy, it's a game, games are supposed to amuse, entertain and occasionally challenge us. Too many people haul their personal issues and agendas into their game playing and the result is usually a mess.

In the just under a year my guild has been formed it's seen a lot of change, core people have come and gone, people I considered the real heart of my guild, friends, the expansion saw a lot of people who were happy to ride their item level to success fled when MoP made them work for it again. I lost my raid lead, my main healer, 5 of my main raiders, and still, here we are, progression raiding finally, clearing content and gaining ground.

The Scryers is an odd little community, unlike any of the other servers I've put toons on since I started playing, it's insulated in many ways from mainstream WoW, tucked away to itself it a relatively far off corner of the game. That being said, I've made friends here, I've met people I truly enjoy, have I considered moving the guild to another server? Yes, but for now I'm working to make my guild, my players and hopefully the server in general better.

Too many people are willing to toss in the towel and give up, I'm not of that mindset, adversity doesn't deter me. In two years I've gone from being an utterly horrible n00b button masher to a decent player, a pretty good tank and a passable raid leader, as a GM? You'd have to ask my guild, but I keep things fun, social and as lewd as I can.

In the end, this is a game guys, enjoy it, wring your hands less, bring less personal drama into the game and just have some damned fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hissana
90 Blood Elf Monk
The Phoenix Republic

God I hate

Hissy you hate everyone, go AFK in the entrance to the shrine some more. Oh, and sorry about getting you killed when I kited the cloud serpent to the AH :D My bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
01/31/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Toffees
Servers die because people give up on them. You can fight to change the world you live in or you can give up on it and throw in the towel. If you Xfer'd then you gave up, and noone gives up on something they truly love.

Can I get an AAAMEN from the congregation bruthas and ahh sistahs... the man speaks the truth!

I always knew I liked you Toffees.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
From a guild standpoint: We left because we couldn't fill the 25 man raids. Even on the larger server it took a few months to get the 25's off and running. Not even for realm firsts or anything...just to fill the raids.

From a personal standpoint: The issue with the drama is nothing more than egos trumping friendship, and egos that spun situations out of control that crossed the line.

I also had contributed to that, and for that, I apologize to everyone. I got bored. I got mouthy. I got out of hand.

I have no regrets. I had a freaking blast. I'm ready for stability.

The problem is, how does one rebuild from that. I have no clue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/07/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Antimatter
The problem is, how does one rebuild from that. I have no clue.

02/07/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Antimatter
I also had contributed to that, and for that, I apologize to everyone. I got bored. I got mouthy. I got out of hand.

That's always the first step.

With everyone and everything. That's the first step and always the first new brick put down in rebuilding.
Edited by Askadellia on 2/7/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Askadellia.. come back to the dark side, the cookies are fresh again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
So u say to have fun playing the game yet you give props cause someone else said ppl gave up on the realm and they shouldnt give up. If I am not having fun, and believe me it took a lot to get to that point, why would I in any way shape or form stay on a realm not being happy? You can't have it both ways. I pugged over and over and over. heck I even had posts on here looking for ppl. After 2 months of getting not 1 person, had enough. When u see guilds like Excessus, KoT, Valor and Wisdom, Eclipse among other top guilds leave, you know its getting bad. When u see 25man raiding guild that Vagrant used to be trying to fill a 10man raid, you know its bad. A part of me will always be Scryers, its where I started this game at and I have a lot of friends on this realm. I always look to see how they are doing and cheer when I see them down bosses they didnt down before. I applaud for Toffee for trying to make the realm better on both sides.. at the end of the day however I had to do what made me happy the most, and thats playing this video game on another realm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]