Nostalgia

90 Blood Elf Monk
Dax here <3 Miss those days =*(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My guild is finally at the point where we're starting to have that sort of fun again, all three of our raid teams are progressing, even our gearing/alt/backups raid. We enjoy each other, we're friends to some degree and the longer we run together the more fun we seem to have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Too many people are willing to toss in the towel and give up, I'm not of that mindset,

Moose, I've taught you well......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't know how to troll the original post. There is just no point to it. The OP seems to just want to draw attention to himself and his "I used to love this server *dramatic pose*, but it has changed over time and even though I'm not here *another dramatic pose*, I feel unwelcome *end of dramatic pose*". Huh? Also, L2paragraph. And then its followed by a buncha whiney girls like Finni who reminisce like my granddad who always reminds me how he saw small pox and had a black and white TV. WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS CRAP? Completely useless thread. I'm dumber for having read it.

I really hope this is a trolling post and not serious because it is a perfect example of what we could use less of.....

Cheers =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
He's trying to convert me, Moose...or steal my priest....so not even the best cookies can bring him back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Servers die because people give up on them. You can fight to change the world you live in or you can give up on it and throw in the towel

Toffees, I don't really know you, but this statement is so true. A couple months back I simply got fed up and started fighting (Blood/Moose and Aska can vouch for my moment). I've been here a few months short of 5 years, taught myself how to play here, clawed my way into the top ranks here and watched a rather dramatic fall during Cata. As hard as it's been, I want my server back. I'm tired of having to say goodbyes to people I know. As for me? Much as I daydream about leaving sometimes my reality is my friends that are here, so this is where I stay. We may never have been a great server but we used to be so much better than we are now and I am sure we can be again so long as people are willing to put some work into it- these things don't just happen on their own ya know?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate to throw a wrench in all of your revival plans but I think the only way we'll ever get back to Wrath and BC days is if Blizzard removes Cross Server things like LFR, LFG, and all the massive changes we've gotten in the last four years for convenience purposes.. and even if Blizzard realizes what those things are doing to the game they won't remove them because it is too late. If they took them out now the majority wouldn't understand and the complaining would be endless.

GG World of Warcraft imo. I'm sure it'll still remain popular due to it being "the worst MMO except all others," but it will never be as it was. WoW peaked in the middle of WotLK.

All good things must come to an end eh?
Edited by Xendril on 3/23/2013 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
OG Scryers represent.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
WoW peaked in the middle of WotLK.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
all of you who haven't been here since BC should get out

QFT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is where I started my guild, this is where the people who taught me the game are, this is where some of the best people I've met in an online environment are. I'm not leaving, have I considered it? Sure, but I won't.

I left a guild that was horrible and had done such a horrible job of advising me in gameplay that I was almost so bad it was laughable.

Then I left, decided if people I was supposed to trust to help me wouldn't, I'd do it myself, that's just who I am.

I formed DC towards the end of cata, relearned my toon from the ground up, pulled in some quality people and for as late as we started we did well raiding and in pvp at the end of Cata. We were all excited for MoP to come out, we were bored clearing DS in 90 minutes a night and waited excitedly for something new.

Then MoP hit, some of my people had life altering issues, new jobs, loss of jobs, babies being born, and they left, others had gotten too used to leaning on their gear for results and when push came to shove and they had to work again, they tossed up their hands and caved, tucked tail and left.

I was left with 4 people who had the ability to raid reliably and a guild that was falling apart, and fast.

I worked my !@# off to rebuild, spent months bringing people in, gearing them up only to see them leave for other options once I had gotten them to a better vantage point within the game. Did I cry? Did I grouse and throw up my hands? No, I kept doing it, over and over, brought in more people, ran LFR's till my mind ached with the idiocy of a 3am lfr wipe to trash on stone guards. But I kept at it and finally I saw some progress, some some real results, we weren't burning up the charts but we were raiding, we were downing bosses and we kept at it. We've lost a few people since 5.2 came out, we've had issues fielding our full regular raid team, we've only killed Jin'Rokh twice, but we keep at it.

We're by and large still mostly LFR geared, we've added a few good drops from normal tier 14 content but we're still downing bosses in content above our ilvl, we don't have any heroically geared people, and yes, that's on us, we didn't and couldn't field the right team on the right nights to down heroic bosses and since ToT has hit we've moved on. C'est la vie.

We will succeed, we may not finish first, but we damned sure will finish.

What does any of this story have to do with the OP? Just this, you can try, get frustrated, ring your hands, belabor your luck, you can quit, or you can just keep working.

I always choose to keep working, and that my friends is what The Scryers is about for me, never giving up, never quitting, never taking the easy out.

Now, I have work to do.

~Moose
Reply Quote
71 Orc Warrior
Posting on a char with Vanilla achievements. Get on my level, young bloods.
Reply Quote
No such thing chull. the achievement system wasn't released until after vanilla.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Warrior
Posting on a char with Vanilla achievements. Get on my level, young bloods.

No lifer!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There is no hole deep enough to get me down to your level, Chul(l).
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
You were always Emo young Nature. Taro and I are back, sort of. 2 old retired raiders looking for trouble. Came back mostly couse i saw new expansion trailer, i was never a fan of Pandas. Bears that dont eat meat are no bears for me!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
You were always Emo young Nature. Taro and I are back, sort of. 2 old retired raiders looking for trouble. Came back mostly couse i saw new expansion trailer, i was never a fan of Pandas. Bears that dont eat meat are no bears for me!

Welcome back you two!
Hope all is well with you both =)

Don't think I've seen you guys since back in wrath where male prot pallies would be running around wearing dresses as that was the fashion back then.... sure has been awhile.

Hopefully Nature has grown up a bit since he left us all. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way back when he played. Some people you are glad to see leave scryers and move on to bigger better things.... he was one of them. I do wish him and everyone else who left us well nonetheless =)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Pallys still wear dresses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]