warrior or rogue

33 Human Warrior
i'm retiring my spriest and switching to melee and cant decide between rogue and warrior.
in pvp which does better? especially with the 5.2 changes.

like hows a warrior survivability, mobility, burst, arena viable or they compared to each other? i've found out on this guy i dont like being kited very much lol
Edited by Nuhgs on 2/1/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
warrior survivability is actually THERE, as opposed to rogue barely existent survivability. warrior mobility wins over rogue. warrior burst wins over rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/01/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Anraeth
warrior survivability is actually THERE, as opposed to rogue barely existent survivability. warrior mobility wins over rogue. warrior burst wins over rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/01/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Paníc

frankly, i'd like to see one aspect of warriors brought into line. burst like ours shouldnt be paired with such great mobility.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/01/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Anraeth

this is not gonna be the case in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Right, if your character isn't 90 yet, go rogue. Rogue looks to probably be one of the most powerful in PvP after 5.2 hits.
Reply Quote
Be a man and grow a beard, you know what you should do.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/01/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Moneabrams
Right, if your character isn't 90 yet, go rogue. Rogue looks to probably be one of the most powerful in PvP after 5.2 hits.

focus a rogue and they will still go down like a ten ton rock.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Tutankhamon
Be a man and grow a beard, you know what you should do.

If your intention is to be FOTM, roll a Rogue and when 5.2 comes out you'll be happy.

If you want to actually have fun, pick whatever class you enjoy more. I'll stick with my Warrior and my Rogue will still be on the bench until I feel like playing him again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
if you have to ask, roll rogue.

true warriors always knew
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
02/01/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Nuhgs
like hows a warrior survivability, mobility, burst, arena viable or they compared to each other? i've found out on this guy i dont like being kited very much lol

I didn't address this.

Rogue and Warrior both need to be in melee range to work. Rogues compensate with stealth; sneak up to someone and stun/burst them before they can get away. They won't be kiting you when they don't see you there.

Warriors compensate with mobility. You can zip over to someone with Charge, or pop over with Heroic Leap. Like a Rogue you have stuns and snares to keep the enemy close to you.

It's a matter of style. As far as survivability goes, a Warrior has the advantage right now just through being tough and having plate armor. A Rogue has his tricks to help him stay alive, though that's largely through escaping combat rather than enduring in the middle of it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Roll a rogue? Pfttt...not in a million years would I ever roll a rogue.

Not even if they could stun lock from 100-0
Not if they could double blind, double cloak, and double vanish
Not if they could throw a ninja star for 30 yards that was coated in posion
Not even if they could sprint form one side of a bg to another
Not if they could be invisible forever and always get first strike
Not if they were given practiclaly free legendaries
Not even if those legendaries gave them cool demon wing animations and let them fly
Would I ever ever role the most pansy class of all called the rogue.

For even my petite, skinny, blood elf face has more hair on it then they I shall not roll.
Edited by Talistraza on 2/1/2013 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Why should you be limited to just one? I'd say play them both.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/01/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Anraeth

frankly, i'd like to see one aspect of warriors brought into line. burst like ours shouldnt be paired with such great mobility.

Better idea would be if they implemented a pyramid to the class balance.

Burst & Survivability
Burst & Mobility
Mobility & Survivability

Having 2 of the 3 would be balanced. Having just one would be completely unbalanced because the burst/mobility/survivability would be too insane to properly balance around. I'm not sure how to figure in control and utility without making it all complicated, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]