Fishing - Turtle mount.

Do I need to have a certain level of fishing to catch this mount?

I know a guy who caught it but he had capped fishing +125 to fishing equipped
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I do not believe you have to have any particular skill in fishing, though by the time you finally fish one out of a pool, you're likely to be pretty skilled.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
You need to fish in pools.

If their is a minimum level its long way short of max. But its purely random and your at 23 fish caught. I was well over 10k when I caught mine.
Reply Quote
16k achievement points O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I got mine back in Cata, and I know I caught it well before I was at 525, but I don't remember exactly what my skill was -- I'd guess 250 or so. Somebody on this forum once mentioned seeing a guildy fish it up (and get the achievement) and then shortly afterward get the "25 fish" achievement, but I can't confirm that one.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
According to El's Anglin, Only level 5 is required to train fishing and catch the turtle.

http://www.elsanglin.com/catching_sea_turtle.html#level
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I (finally) got mine a few weeks ago fishing for Jewel Danio (pools in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms) for raid. I have 600 fishing but since I was fishing solely from pools while waiting for a dungeon pop, I did not have a fishing pole equipped.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I recently caught mine with a level 90 toon that had fishing under 125.
I was very lucky, just fishing a pool waiting for a lfr queue to pop, not even trying for the turtle.

It's all about the RNG....

P.S.
it says the turtle improves swim speed.
By how much? Does anybody know?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I got my mount yesterday while fishing in Pandaria.

There is no fishing skill required, only be level 5.
Fish from pools.

Swim speed buff brings you to 108% speed in water.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Level 1 fishing in any Northrend, Cataclysm or Pandaria zones.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/15/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Lorisha
Level 1 fishing in any Northrend, Cataclysm or Pandaria zones.

Also Darkmoon Faire. My brother and I both caught one there in the same week.

But beware, it's a joke of a mount. It looks like a desert tortoise and moves like one in water and on land. If they'd wanted to call it a sea turtle, they should have provided something that resembled one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah, but flippers don't really translate well to landwalking.

Though I caught mine on my drood at the exact moment I got my 1k fish achievement! =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]