Sad, sad, sad

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm really glad that resto shammies got some blizz love. And it's very cool to run with a shadow priest that can be that third healer in needed fights. But I am just so discouraged on my resto druid these days. I heal my butt off, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I read all the theorycrafting, keep my toon up to snuff always - but seriously....I was in a raid the other day with a holy paladin and a disc priest and 98% of my heals went into overheal. 98%. I might as well taken the day off.

I've been asked to switch my main from resto druid to my holy paladin, which I've agreed to for the sake of raid progression. Just makes me sad :( Our utilities are worthless in raids now. Who CAN'T battle rez? My mana regen isn't all that great - even innervating at 80%....

I dunno - but I sure wish blizz would fix us.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Have any logs?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, wish I did. I even keep fricken stupid lifebloom up like 95%+ of the time. I deserve something for that, don't I???
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really !@#$%ed up a storm about it too, which was silly. Nobody died, we didn't wipe and made good progression. / sighs dramatically

It's just too easy to snipe hots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If that's accurate, and you were 98% overhealing, my best guess? You as a group are ready to handle that encounter with 2 healers, not 3.

You had two strong absorb healers, and you, a direct healer. If you had that little damage you were repairing, most of the healing should've been showing as absorbs, not heals per se.

I know a lot of people still don't think of hpally as an absorb healer because we're used to thinking of the divinity that is beacon. But - it's rare that my absorb mastery (illuminated healing) isn't #1 with Eternal Flame running second.

If that much was honestly being handled through direct absorbs, negating your heals - given the boss died - sounds like one of you should be dpsing that fight, or have the disc do atonement except for SS for damage spikes maybe. Logs will give you a better picture of what would work best for your team.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I was in a raid the other day with a holy paladin and a disc priest and 98% of my heals went into overheal. 98%. I might as well taken the day off.

You are an absolutely horrific player if this is true, no matter how good the other guy is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
02/02/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Mahourai
I was in a raid the other day with a holy paladin and a disc priest and 98% of my heals went into overheal. 98%. I might as well taken the day off.

You are an absolutely horrific player if this is true, no matter how good the other guy is.

Was that necessary?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
No one should blame their class for putting out no healing in a raid encounter. Being behind absorption based healers like holy paladins and especially disc priests this patch is understandable. What's not understandable is a post that reads "I keep up on all the theorycraft and if I heal with a paladin and disc priest I literally can't do anything. Boy my class sucks!" It's just not accurate or realistic. I would assume "98% of my healing is overhealing" was just a joke or hyperbole but the number was repeated for emphasis.
Edited by Mahourai on 2/2/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
02/02/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Mahourai
No one should blame their class for putting out no healing in a raid encounter

Okay, so again, was this necessary?

02/02/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Mahourai

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
What would you define as a necessary post? I don't post anything because it's "necessary", whatever that means.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
nvm I'm not going to teach a child how to be an adult.
Edited by Fleurs on 2/2/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Two things.

1) Typically, ingame meters express overhealing percentage as a ratio of overhealing:effective healing, not as overhealing:total healing.
(gets some Skada screenshots of whatever the hell I did last on my paladin...)
Healing:
http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o797/kaelspriest/healing_zpsfaa67181.jpg
Overhealing:
http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o797/kaelspriest/overhealing_zps8508643c.jpg
Total healing:
http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o797/kaelspriest/totalhealing_zpsf72942f2.jpg

As you can see, the percentages in the overhealing meter are comparing overhealing:effective healing; nowhere near 32% of my total healing was overheal.

(This is different from WoL, which seems to reference total healing in its overheal reports, which is a much more useful way to do it. WoL overheal percentages should always be lower than Skada/Recount percentages. 98% on Skada/Recount is 49% on WoL - about half your healing went to overheal. If it were actually true that 98% of your total healing were overhealing, Skada/Recount would read 4900% (not a typo) overhealing.)

2) I actually heal as a paladin with a disc priest. It's not uncommon for me, on the easy 2-heal encounters, to see upwards of 50% overhealing on Skada/Recount. It's not uncommon for Illuminated Healing to completely dominate my effective healing done (I've seen 45%) because I'm bored and just sort of mashing buttons at full-health people. Toss a druid in that mix on an easy 2-heal fight...yeah, they're not getting anything done.

On fights that only really use 3 healers part of the time, like Blade Lord and Wind Lord, we just have our switch-healer, who's a Shadow/Holy priest, go Holy and Smite until he's needed. I actually play that same role in my group on Kaels. Unfortunately, druids don't really have an equivalent option, but I bet going DPS with Heart of the Wild and using it at crunch time would cover the 0.5-healer contribution on normals. Or you could tell the disc priest to let you heal while he just smites.
Edited by Kaels on 2/2/2013 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Was that necessary?

Of course it is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You were reading something wrong.

Regardless, if overhealing ever reaches really high levels, you need to drop a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I agree with you that druids are in need of some love. But you should tell your raid leader that you *are* getting some love: i.e., your spells will be buffed by 10% in the next patch.

Additionally, looking at your raid group's progression, you I would hazard a guess that the fact that you haven't yet got Elegon has *way* *way* more to do with the dps in your group than the healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/02/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Fangthorn
Regardless, if overhealing ever reaches really high levels, you need to drop a healer.

Sometimes that just doesn't work out. A lot of fights are snoozefests for most of the fight, and then suddenly you actually need 2 healers. Or 3, even, though usually just to rotate their CD in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Was that necessary?

It not only wasn't necessary, it is (my apologies) f***ing obnoxious. You are completely correct Fleurs. Seriously, if you feel the need to call someones else "horrific", go post on the dps forums where you can be a complete and utter *ss.
Edited by Taymage on 2/2/2013 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/02/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Fleurs
nvm I'm not going to teach a child how to be an adult.

This thread isn't for you to teach me anything, so keep on keepin' on.

02/02/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Taymage
It not only wasn't necessary, it is (my apologies) f***ing obnoxious. You are completely correct Fleurs. Seriously, if you feel the need to call someones else "horrific", go post on the dps forums where you can be a complete and utter *ss.

Give me a break. "The dps forums"? Your weird cliqueishness is noted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just ignore the troll, please.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
What Kaels said sounds correct. I doubt it is even possible to have 98% OH in the context of total output. More likely you were at 50%, which is perfectly reasonable for a druid. I would definitely talk to your leaders about switching to pally in 5.2 though since the changes to discs will substantially lessen their shielding abilities and very likely increase your effective healing output, which in turn will make you more valuable to the raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]