Buff fire in PvE please.

90 Troll Mage
Most PvE mages enjoy playing fire. Please Blizzard, buff fire so it can be up to par with arcane.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It would be better if they nerfed arcane to be more in line with fire.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Honestly if played well and a decent amount of crit it is on par most of the time. But that's how fire is, its not always going to be better, and not always going to be worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I just went fire today after being bored with arcane and thought I was gonna do horrible, I actually did pretty decent and some fights I did better than arcane, plus I had way more fun. IMO after today fun>DPS
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Fire is fantastic. What are you going on about? And I'm not even thinking about cleave fights when I say I love it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/04/2013 01:22 AMPosted by Atamynn
Fire is fantastic. What are you going on about? And I'm not even thinking about cleave fights when I say I love it.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/100/14/30/default/

you now realize that arcane is still superior in nearly all fights the exception being fights like stone beast or gara where cleave becomes a factor. still i would say fire is more fun but arcane is clearly the better raiding spec and on cleve style fights arcane can give fire a run for its money
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I now realize that that's irrelevant to most players' lifestyles, including my own. Arcane is getting reeled in when Blizzard asserts how it's meant to juggle mana and how loopholes weren't intended. The numbers are about to squash down to size.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I now realize that that's irrelevant to most players' lifestyles, including my own. Arcane is getting reeled in when Blizzard asserts how it's meant to juggle mana and how loopholes weren't intended. The numbers are about to squash down to size.

you mean like when ghost crawler nerfed combustion by 50% and critical mass by 20% lawl have fun kid every arcane mage knows ghostcrawler got a thing for nerfing mages why dont u go frost and support gc from the sideline he needs it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
While I'd like Critical Mass to get a slight buff, it's probably not needed.

Fire has a wicked RNG swing and that will always be its downfall. When it's on par with the other specs (on average), that means someone is going to get lucky and put up some "jaw-dropping" damage. That causes it to get nerfed because lots of poseurs switch.

Plus Fire will probably be more mobile than Arcane in 5.2 and with Scorch becoming a free talent, that could be a bit of a buff since we can take Presence of Mind.
Edited by Aurylle on 2/8/2013 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
Numbers are actually pretty close on the raidbots link, even though they dont show what you think they show. Fire will buff itself come patch, if not before. Arcanes going to see about a 5-8% drop come patch. Should work out really well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Batar
Numbers are actually pretty close on the raidbots link, even though they dont show what you think they show. Fire will buff itself come patch, if not before. Arcanes going to see about a 5-8% drop come patch. Should work out really well.

What do you mean fire will buff itself come patch?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
While I'm not exactly 'happy' with just how hard that nerf hit us still, it was needed. Just felt a big kneejerk from overbuffing Combustion/Ignite.

That being said; We're not the spectacular, top of the line DPS, but we're certainly not bad. Spriests have it rougher than us in PvE for starters.

More importantly, to call for buffs and nerfs you have to take into account the long term. Arcane has a history of starting off very strong, and finishing wheezing. Like a sprint toward the finish.

Fire is one of the best scaling specs in the game, and as gear gets better. Critical Mass will begin to shine once again.

Wait until we get our bearings on the new gear, and see where things lie. Fire has nowhere to go but up right now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Fire's getting a buff in the sense that you will have PoM and Scorch, but I'm not sure how the glyph/cleave change, Tier 15 set bonuses, and Invocation change all play into that as a whole.
Edited by Digerati on 2/8/2013 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/100/14/30/default/

you now realize that arcane is still superior in nearly all fights the exception being fights like stone beast or gara where cleave becomes a factor. still i would say fire is more fun but arcane is clearly the better raiding spec and on cleve style fights arcane can give fire a run for its money

You do realize that without Arcane being leaps and bounds above that delta in the middle there, that Fire is quite solidly in the middle of the pack. In fact, Fire Mage does more damage on average than every spec of Monk, DK, Paladin, and Shaman. Once Arcane is within the 5% delta, Fire will be will be fine.
Edited by Kurojushi on 2/8/2013 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/04/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Crusix
ghost crawler nerfed combustion by 50% and critical mass by 20%

CM was originally nerfed by 50%. 25% of 50% is exactly half. 1.5 -> 1.25 but then buffed to 1.3.
Edited by Incinerater on 2/8/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
even before the 5.2 changes, Fire is fine imo. get your crit in a good place and it should flow. I mainly use fire for most fights. The fact i can move and dps without any significant dps loss is a huge plus to me. With the tweaked glyph being able to spread dots to another target is going to be really nice. Having the option to blink and use PoM for pyroblast while still having scorch is awesome.

I think fire is in a good place.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Fire's single target DPS is noticeably lower that the mantra Blizzard puts forth of us playing the spec we enjoy the best doesn't apply. Even on the PTR my fire single target DPS was about the same using the new 522 Tier set gear as my Arcane DPS is using my current 496 gear. Now on the cluster of three target dummies fire does solid dps, but it requires cleave to compete with arcane which in my opinion is kind of sad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/08/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Deragous
Fire's single target DPS is noticeably lower that the mantra Blizzard puts forth of us playing the spec we enjoy the best doesn't apply. Even on the PTR my fire single target DPS was about the same using the new 522 Tier set gear as my Arcane DPS is using my current 496 gear. Now on the cluster of three target dummies fire does solid dps, but it requires cleave to compete with arcane which in my opinion is kind of sad.

Arcane damage in 5.1 is too high! It will not be that way in 5.2. For god's sake, listen to what the crab is saying. Fire is fine right now, it will be in an even better spot in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Oh I know Arcane is too high now, Im saying Arcane dps on the PTR in my current gear, not live. For God's sakes man, read what I wrote.
Edited by Deragous on 2/8/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/08/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Deragous
Oh I know Arcane is too high now, Im saying Arcane dps on the PTR in my current gear, not live. For God's sakes man, read what I wrote.

Ok, well you didn't explicitly say, but I did assume, so I am sorry. Either way, people should stop complaining in general, Ghostcrawler has said multiple times that they have not yet started PvE balance adjustments, they are incoming, I think they are starting with the lowest specs first, he posted a few just a few minutes ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]