90's Nostalgia

90 Human Mage
Toonami, including Outlaw Star, Tenshi Muyo, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Samurai Jack.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Great, now my torrent list is going to be huge.

Time for another terabyte external...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Mmm, Samurai Jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTpjKFihqwY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/04/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Madican
Yu Yu Hakusho

Only anime I've ever 'religiously' followed.

I watched every single episode whenever it aired on Toonami when the fat 3D dude was still 'hosting' it.

It helped that it came on right after I got home from school, so I'd procrastinate homework to watch.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
02/04/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Sinfalore
Yu Yu Hakusho

Only anime I've ever 'religiously' followed.

I watched every single episode whenever it aired on Toonami when the fat 3D dude was still 'hosting' it.

It helped that it came on right after I got home from school, so I'd procrastinate homework to watch.

You mean Moltar?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/04/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Kashmir
Pirates of Dark Water! Why did they never finish it???? : (

I loved that show! I had totally forgotten about it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Haven't seen mentioned:
Gargoyles
TMNT

To be fair, TMNT was actually the late 80's. They were showing it in the 90s, but I think it came out a little bit before then (which is kind of the same with Inspector Gadget, another show that I loved as a kid, but you know... 80's.)

I completely forgot about Gargoyles though. Such a great show.

02/04/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Gomir
Samurai Pizza Cats(if anyone knows where I can get something about that I will give you a bunch of monies because I'm trying to find it for my older sisters b-day.),

Discotek Media is set to release the entire collection at some point on DVD. Hopefully this year? (They're also releasing the original Japanese series as well)

Sonic the Hedgehog(We actually taped most of these because I loved them so much)

I actually remember waking up at 5am to watch the SatAM Sonic series. Recorded the last four episodes of the series on VHS. I collected the entire series a few years ago, but man that series has not aged well. Alas.

Sailor Moon(shut up, it was awesome)

I'm also not afraid to admit that I really got into Sailor Moon as a kid. So much so, that my mom had a friend who actually got me tapes of the raw Japanese episodes from the first two seasons and the first movie, as well as a bunch of various Sailor Moon goods from Japan. I still have all of this somewhere back home.

Edit: Did I mention Johnny Quest? Did anyone mention it?

Well, the Real Adventures came out during that time. Mid-90s I think. Pretty much had one of the best opening themes. http://youtu.be/gIuuPTM3nSc

Outlaw Star

Definitely another classic.
Edited by Tanria on 2/4/2013 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I'm also not afraid to admit that I really got into Sailor Moon as a kid. So much so, that my mom had a friend who actually got me tapes of the raw Japanese episodes from the first two seasons and the first movie, as well as a bunch of various Sailor Moon goods from Japan. I still have all of this somewhere back home.

Did your tapes come with the commercials intact? They were so awesome : ) I still have a giant binder full of cards and a box somewhere with wands, dolls, and other toys. I didnt care much for the US version, but subbed or raw it was a pretty fun show.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Did your tapes come with the commercials intact? They were so awesome : ) I still have a giant binder full of cards and a box somewhere with wands, dolls, and other toys. I didnt care much for the US version, but subbed or raw it was a pretty fun show.

No commercials. I believe they were recorded from those big laserdisks.

I collected the cards as well too! I have a pretty large collection actually going back to the second season. They'll be worth something someday. :<

(Now that you mention dolls, I had two small ones at some point. No idea what happened to them though)
Edited by Tanria on 2/5/2013 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/04/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Madarak
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I'm disappointed that it took 14 posts to mention the glory of MMPR.

That was my ish.

And Legends of the Hidden Temple. It was my childhood dream to be on that show.
Edited by Hadock on 2/5/2013 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Didn't watch much TV in the 90s apart from a few things that have already been listed, I was outside most of the time, here is what I do remember from tv though Dunkaroos, Mondo and BK RATCH TECHS(the things that made you the coolest mofo in the lunchroom and playground) . Commercials are so impressionable on young children...
Edited by Alandril on 2/5/2013 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Spongebob. Ed Edd and Eddy. Samurai Jack. Dexter's Lab. Powerpuff Girls.
Edited by Mier on 2/5/2013 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Rocko's Modern Life?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Monster Rancher. Mummies Alive! If they weren't mentioned
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]