Ranger class

90 Blood Elf Hunter
If there was one, would you still play your hunter?
Edited by Varied on 2/5/2013 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Yes, but the ranger would be my most played alt. Hunter would still be my main though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ranger is a Hunter without a pet, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunter will always and forever be my main :3

If they came out with a Ranger class, of course I'd try it. I like my hunter for both aspects of pet AND ranged, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/05/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Methalos
Ranger is a Hunter without a pet, right?

Technically rangers prefer a bow but have melee skills as well. Reason i thought of this is when i play my hunter i never feel like a hunter unless im BM. Pets just dont seem to fit survival/marksman playstyle very well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'd gladly give up my pet management :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Po - TA - to, Po - TAH - to...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Eh, you could never replace my love for hunters. But i forsure have a geared Ranger alt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
if its anything like Guild Wars's Ranger class, i'd have one, but my Hunter would still remain my favorite.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why not just make ranger a hunter 4th spec instead of a brand new class makes more sense.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
If they want to diversify the specs they should make MM the petless spec
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Survival is the Ranger of wow imo. The only thing the pet is for really is a buff or two and masters call. In a fight you could lose your pet and still be in a better state than if you were bm. The way I look at it is the following.

The Hunter is the class

Beast Master is well a Beast Master that uses and depends on his pet heavily.

Survival is a Ranger or a man of the woods that uses traps to survive and stuff he finds to help him.

Marksman is the Archer doing big ranged damage and doesnt really worry about anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The Hunter is the class

Beast Master is well a Beast Master that uses and depends on his pet heavily.

Survival is a Ranger or a man of the woods that uses traps to survive and stuff he finds to help him.

Marksman is the Archer doing big ranged damage and doesnt really worry about anything else.

I allways looked at it this way too.
What would be awesome if you where to change anything to diversify it a bit moreis.....

Beastmaster: Uses 5 pets and their attacks as melle cooldown. Soo basically your attacks as a BM hutner is soly your pet attacks, but the beast master controlls when to use them. So whitch pets you choose affects what type of melle abilities you get, and ofc you get a melle autoattack. So if your running with 5 tanking pets, you are effectively a tank class. If you're running with 5 feriocity pets you are a melle dps. If you are running with 5 cunning pets. you are a melee dps with a lot of CC and interrupts, If your running 5 spiritbeasts , you are a melee dps with a bit of off healing for those healing intensive fights.

The problem with this is that it will be a royal pain in the !@# to balance.

Survival: Uses traps, poisons, and whatever he finds in nature to aid him. Like a ranger witch can call on beasts to aid him for a few minutes at a time, but doesn't have a summond pet like beastmaster. Kinda like dire beast and crows works today.

Marksman: Purely ranged with no pet at all, not even the possibility to call one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Rexxar, and most npcs in WoW who are Beastmasters have melee abilities. The Beastmaster spec should at least be melee/ranged. Blizzard went against their own lore by making it strickly ranged.
Edited by Ferven on 10/2/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
I've always been of the opinion that...

BM - Nearly a pure pet class, but controls more than one pet simultaneously. Similar to what Nightrayne said above, it would then be hybrid, changing its role based on the pets it controls at any given point.

SV - An actual ranger, uses one pet at any given time, and gets its damage from DOTs and various poisons, awesome CC.

MM - The heavy hitting ranged DPS class, who can use a pet with basic abilities, but benefits from a buff from NOT having that pet. For example, if the pet that hunter is carrying around it ferocity, it would get a specific buff from dismissing it and fighting without it, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I have been saying for years make Survival a ranger type melee/ranged hybrid. That spec would not use a pet, would rely on a varied array of traps and nets, would be able to equip a few types of weps mainly axes and daggers and be able to melee with melee abilities. I also think they should get the spell dire beast to summon a wild creature to fight for them for a short time.

We can call it Tarzan spec!
Edited by Vannessa on 10/2/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
BM - Nearly a pure pet class, but controls more than one pet simultaneously. Similar to what Nightrayne said above, it would then be hybrid, changing its role based on the pets it controls at any given point.

SV - An actual ranger, uses one pet at any given time, and gets its damage from DOTs and various poisons, awesome CC.

MM - The heavy hitting ranged DPS class, who can use a pet with basic abilities, but benefits from a buff from NOT having that pet. For example, if the pet that hunter is carrying around it ferocity, it would get a specific buff from dismissing it and fighting without it, etc.

More or less what I think, just take away entirely the pet from MM and that's the revamp I feel the hunter need
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Po - TA - to, Po - TAH - to...

Well damn this thread was necroed bad.

But to stay on topic. I just want the description of Survival to be:

"The Mcguyver of WoW"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
they should add a mm ability

sacrifice pet old yeller style

mm should be the no pet spec
Reply Quote
4 Orc Warrior
Ranger class... WTF! what are you supposed to do make sure National Parks are safe and clean. Make a OP spec like tour guide. im good
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]