Dawn of the Aspects - Part 1 Coming Soon*

(Locked)

Community Manager
The age of the dragons is over. Azeroth’s ancient guardians struggle to find a new purpose in a world plagued by uncertainty. Author Richard A. Knaak explores the history of the former Dragon Aspects in this five part mini-series.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8636640/

*Now with a teaser excerpt of Part 1.

Author: Richard A. Knaak
(World of Warcraft: Stormrage, Warcraft: War of the Ancients trilogy)
Format: Five Part Serialized eBook
Edited by Nethaera on 2/6/2013 1:10 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
first!

can't wait!
100 Undead Warlock
Yes!
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah I saw that... Kinda lost with MoP. No evil boss in the cinematic for once so its kinda out of the ordinary...

Please add a boss cinematic soon its kinda weird to go so long without one...

Last time there was no boss in the cinematic was the trailer for Vanilla.

Just sayin....
Edited by Mælstromedes on 2/6/2013 12:21 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
02/06/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Nethaera
Author Richard A. Knaak explores the history of the former Dragon Aspects in this five part mini-series.

And here I was hoping that you'd finally let go of Knaak for his complete inability to write a story worth reading.

I am disappoint :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Knaak? Hm. Looks interesting at least. He does great with writing expansive mythology, just hope the dialogue's not so grandiosely roleplayish like his previous works. <_<

Edit: Although it kinda sucks that we never see this type of thing in-game. The origins of Galakrond would've been miiiiighty interesting, especially seeing how big his corpse is in Northrend. o_o
Edited by Jackishi on 2/6/2013 12:18 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Fingers crossed that Blizz and Knaak give the poor drakes a break instead of just heaping more misery on them.
Edited by Vrath on 2/6/2013 12:22 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
Yeah I saw that... Kinda lost with MoP. No evil boss in the cinematic for once so its kinda out of the ordinary...

Just sayin....

You do realize MoP is a call back to Vanilla? Where there was no main villain and a whole new "world" to explore? Not having a bad guy in the cinematic was the whole point. In truth, the bad guys do appear - you. That orc and that human represent the player (to a degree), it is we who bring destruction to Pandaria. If you think not having a main villain was an error, you jsut missed the whole point of MoP.
90 Tauren Monk
And here I was hoping that you'd finally let go of Knaak for his complete inability to write a story worth reading.

Gotta say, I opened the page just to see who the author was.

Saw that name and didn't bother to read the rest. Not interested.
90 Gnome Warlock
02/06/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Vrath
Fingers crossed that Blizz and Knaak give the poor drakes a break instead of just heaping more misery on them.

You do know that you're talking about the guy who invented the idea of Alexstrasza being nothing more than a sex slave just so that his personal fantasy stand in could chest bump her beau, right?
90 Draenei Death Knight

Just sayin....

You do realize MoP is a call back to Vanilla? Where there was no main villain and a whole new "world" to explore? Not having a bad guy in the cinematic was the whole point. In truth, the bad guys do appear - you. That orc and that human represent the player (to a degree), it is we who bring destruction to Pandaria. If you think not having a main villain was an error, you jsut missed the whole point of MoP.

I didn't say it was an error what I'm implying is it would be nice to see a patch cinematic again is all. To say it is an error would be silly I'm just stating a matter of opinion. At some point in the expansion it would be nice to see a bad guy cinematic.

And there is a bad guy the new troll bosses e.ct...
Edited by Mælstromedes on 2/6/2013 12:35 PM PST
90 Gnome Rogue
What happens to the Caverns of time if all the Aspects are gone?
90 Human Mage
02/06/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Author Richard A. Knaak explores the history of the former Dragon Aspects in this five part mini-series.

He is doing what he does best. He created the concept of the Aspects.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/06/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Mælstromedes
I didn't say it was an error what I'm implying is it would be nice to see a patch cinematic again is all. To say it is an error would be silly I'm just stating a matter of opinion. At some point in the expansion it would be nice to see a bad guy cinematic.

Soon before 5.2 launches, we'll get a cinematic with the Thunder King appeting - we'll get our bad guy :P

02/06/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Kuteness
What happens to the Caverns of time if all the Aspects are gone?

Nozdormu is an Aspect. All the other dragons are, well, dragons. AS far as I know the only dragon "capital" that is abandoned is the Nexus in Coldarra, with the Caverns of Time still populated. There are, however, some mortals who take advantage of the dragons' diminished powers, seeking to change the timeways. Because of this, the bronze dragonflight have called some mortals and made the order of the "Timewalkers", though not shown in WoW yet, is the main focus of the WoW Tcg set.
Edited by Ethenil on 2/6/2013 12:40 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
02/06/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Valius
He is doing what he does best.

Writing badly? We know. That's largely why I had hoped that Blizzard finally sent him packing.
90 Night Elf Hunter
So... is this Coming Soon(tm), like the Movie, or actually coming soon, as in sometime before the next millenium?
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Gah I am so sick of reading/hearing about Kalecgos!

That said, I'll probably still read this. Anything that has a dragon in it is going to get my attention.
91 Blood Elf Warlock

Hear, hear.

He is doing what he does best. He created the concept of the Aspects.

George Lucas created the concept of Star Wars, and we all know how THAT went.
Edited by Falynn on 2/6/2013 12:46 PM PST
94 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, you know... the old "immortal beings losing their immortality" is getting old. First the night elves, now the dragon aspects...

It's OKAY for Azeroth to have something cooler than the players in it.
90 Human Mage
02/06/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Bomdanil
He is doing what he does best.

Writing badly? We know. That's largely why I had hoped that Blizzard finally sent him packing.

No for writing the Dragons which you skimmed over it seems and not address it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]