Dawn of the Aspects - Part 1 Coming Soon*

(Locked)

91 Gnome Warlock
02/06/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Valius
No for writing the Dragons which you skimmed over it seems and not address it.

I addressed it before you ever brought it up. He writes poorly. Even if he's the one responsible for the idea that there are five dragons more powerful than the rest (and even with such status are easily overpowered by the mortal races since apparently even the foot soldiers are Planeswalkers on Azeroth), the very concept of his creation was done in a very hamfisted manner.
Community Manager
We've updated the post with the Part 1 teaser text. :)
100 Draenei Paladin
Looks like it's trying to paint Neltharion as evil before he was ever corrupted, I don't like that.

I usually don't like Knaak's work in general with few exceptions, not an insult just an opinion, hopefully this will be an exception.

As much as I love to read I would far rather see this in game then in some web series.

Too much lore happens outside of the actual game.

Regardless I look forward too it.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/6/2013 1:13 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Bomdanil
He writes poorly.

I think he writes very well. I've read many of his books and enjoyed them all very much.
90 Gnome Priest
02/06/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Looks like it's trying to paint Neltharion as evil before he was ever corrupted, I don't like that.

You'd have to look at it from that time period. I imagine back then even the Aspects were pretty different from the ones we know now. They fought for survival against not just Galakrond, but other Proto-dragons and god knows what else.

Plus it's from Kalecgos point of view who only sees Deathwing and not Neltharion.
90 Dwarf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcGDH7s1qM
87 Human Paladin
Knaack the Hack at it again, sorry the guy is a terrible author....
100 Human Paladin
...... are they fully illustrated?
100 Undead Priest
I can just see it now. Kalecgos will go back in time with this artifact, which will use up the artifacts power. He will meet his father (or grandfather? or just ancestor?) Malygos when he was just a proto-drake teenager pining after the still-living and very attractive (for a dragon) Sindragosa. A chain of events will ensue where Kalecgos - the cool, more-evolved new dragon in the area - accidentally causes Sindragosa to develop a crush on him instead of Malygos. This will create a paradox in the timeline, and Kalecgos will soon discover that if he can't get Sindragosa to fall in love with the nerdy magic-obsessed Malygos, he will cease to exist.

After many hijinks, and a confrontation with neighborhood bully Neltharion, he will succeed in his mission. But afterwards, he will realize that he's still stuck in the past and he needs to get back to the future. Because the bronze dragonflight can no longer help him time travel, he will need to restore full power to the artifact. How much power will that take? 1.21 gigawatts of power. Only one being is capable of such output: Galakrond. In the epic finale, the proto-dragon aspects battle Galakrond, while Kalecgos flies around continually trying to intercept a breath attack with the artifact. After a harrowing battle wherein Kalecgos has to scream "Hold DPS!" several times, he succeeds in spectacular fashion and finally gets Back to the Future.

Upon arriving, Kalecgos sees Jaina and has a tender moment with her where she's like, "You've only been gone a few minutes," and he's like, "It felt a lot longer." Immediately afterwards, Nozdormu appears in some weird gnomish vehicle powered by sands of time (Nozdormu is not proud that this is how he has to time travel now). He tells Kalecgos that he needs him to travel through time again, only now he needs to go to the future. Why? His kids. Something has got to be done about his kids.

Jaina turns to Kalecgos and says, "Our kids!? You bastard! You told me it was impossible to get pregnant with dragon kids!" Nozdormu then says, "Actually, you're not the mother." This is followed by Jaina slapping Kalecgos and saying, "You cheating bastard!"
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I can just see it now. Kalecgos will go back in time with this artifact, which will use up the artifacts power. He will meet his father (or grandfather? or just ancestor?) Malygos when he was just a proto-drake teenager pining after the still-living and very attractive (for a dragon) Sindragosa. A chain of events will ensue where Kalecgos - the cool, more-evolved new dragon in the area - accidentally causes Sindragosa to develop a crush on him instead of Malygos. This will create a paradox in the timeline, and Kalecgos will soon discover that if he can't get Sindragosa to fall in love with the nerdy magic-obsessed Malygos, he will cease to exist.

After many hijinks, and a confrontation with neighborhood bully Neltharion, he will succeed in his mission. But afterwards, he will realize that he's still stuck in the past and he needs to get back to the future. Because the bronze dragonflight can no longer help him time travel, he will need to restore full power to the artifact. How much power will that take? 1.21 gigawatts of power. Only one being is capable of such output: Galakrond. In the epic finale, the proto-dragon aspects battle Galakrond, while Kalecgos flies around continually trying to intercept a breath attack with the artifact. After a harrowing battle wherein Kalecgos has to scream "Hold DPS!" several times, he succeeds in spectacular fashion and finally gets Back to the Future.

Upon arriving, Kalecgos sees Jaina and has a tender moment with her where she's like, "You've only been gone a few minutes," and he's like, "It felt a lot longer." Immediately afterwards, Nozdormu appears in some weird gnomish vehicle powered by sands of time (Nozdormu is not proud that this is how he has to time travel now). He tells Kalecgos that he needs him to travel through time again, only now he needs to go to the future. Why? His kids. Something has got to be done about his kids.

Jaina turns to Kalecgos and says, "Our kids!? You bastard! You told me it was impossible to get pregnant with dragon kids!" Nozdormu then says, "Actually, you're not the mother." This is followed by Jaina slapping Kalecgos and saying, "You cheating bastard!"

Remember - since it's a Knaak book, you need 150% more heaving bosoms and 100% less female character development.
Edited by Falynn on 2/6/2013 2:22 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
I'd buy it day one if it wasnt an ebook. Hopefully they make a print version once all 5 parts have been released.
90 Gnome Rogue
Where is a Space Dragon when we needed one?
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
02/06/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Bomdanil
He is doing what he does best.

Writing badly? We know. That's largely why I had hoped that Blizzard finally sent him packing.

Day of the Dragon was excellent. War of the Ancients wasn't so bad. Anything after that was pretty meh.
91 Orc Hunter
02/06/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Author Richard A. Knaak explores the history of the former Dragon Aspects in this five part mini-series.

And here I was hoping that you'd finally let go of Knaak for his complete inability to write a story worth reading.

I am disappoint :(
76 Draenei Monk
Richard A. Knaak

So I take it Alexstrasza and Ysera are going to be made into shrinking violets and/or damsels in distress incapable of fighting on their own and are told to hush by their betters?
90 Human Warrior
Richard A. Knaak

So I take it Alexstrasza and Ysera are going to be made into shrinking violets and/or damsels in distress incapable of fighting on their own and are told to hush by their betters?

No but cynical comments are always appreciated ^_^
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]