Realm pop

90 Undead Mage
We are in dire need of a realm merge or something of that nature we have guilds starting to leave this server and we are already in rough shape if we dont get some sort of influx of players or a merge happening this server wont even be bearable to play on we already have trouble forming raid groups and rbg groups yet this is supposed to be a game that you play with other please help us or this server will be completely dead soon. Visionary, Unholy Retribution have already left and there is talk that Gloryhogs are going now also with this many guilds leaving we are dead in no time please help us,
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
See below thread for Undeathly's credentials.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
I second this... This server is nearly empty and you can't do anything anymore. Something should be done about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I completely agree with Undeathly's statement that the state of our server is in decline. I think that this affects the gameplay of all of those left on the server in a severely negative way. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that many people who had chosen to be on this server and currently play have been around since it has been high population and had not wanted to leave due to friends/guilds on the server. Now that so many people have left the dynamics of economies, guilds, and raids have been changed so that our interactions with them are more limited. I understand that there are paid transfers for people who are interested, but I think that it is unfounded to ask a person who already allots fifteen dollars of their money each and every month to pay for something like this. I think that it would not be a ridiculous suggestion to try and merge Smolderthorn with another server due to its increasing population issues, or once again offer transfers to or from it. I hope that any Blizzard employee reading our pleas for help will take it into consideration, and will make what I feel is the right decision for the players in question that populate this server. After all, it is the players that give Blizzard it's power, and if our concerns and questions are not addressed or represented properly, I think that it is an act of extreme negligence upon the part of the Development Team and Game Masters whom we would hope to hold in higher regards than that. Thank you.
Edited by Rockshaw on 2/6/2013 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
its funny as I came to smolderthorn just today to visit, and it was a ghost town.

It really made me sad too have seen what has happened to my old server in just a matter of months. I mean things werent great before but now they are dreadful.

Good luck in your strife guys and know that you arent the only server facing this delima.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm also in favor of some kind administrative fix for this realms population problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The chances of Blizzard doing anything anytime soon are slim. I think the options are to reroll or transfer given that there are pretty much daily posts on here complaining about the smallest realms and nothing ever happens. These complaints have been going on daily for many realms for at least the last year.

As bad as it is on Smolderthorn, the price to transfer is looking more and more attractive.

Just know we aren't in the worst situation - we're probably among the bottom 10 in therms of realm activity, but probably not the worst (roll a toon on Warsong if you want a laugh - our situation is bad but we have 20x the number of level 90s and our AH is more than 4x as active than theirs - ouch).

Also, if you think horde is dead, try alliance, where there are 1/4 of the people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
We know all this Jaynax. But if you remember this happend back in Lich and a person created a forum. The forum was so popular that it actually got smoldy changed to a new player realm. Thats kind of what we are hoping for here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
new player realm did no good honestly. Most new players dont want to play with other new players, they want vets of the game to answer their questions. The new player tag on a realm gives a false impression of thats all there is on said realm.

The best solution is to merge battle groups either via crz or flat out merging of realms.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
They need to do something about the population problem, we all pay for this game and we shouldnt have to pay 25$ for all our toons to transfer to a better server we arent asking to become a high population we just want enough people to be able to do raids and arenas without having to sit in trade chat for 2 hours without a response trying to find a tank or a healer. If we can ever just merge with 1 other low pop server that in itself would give us enough of a player boost so that we all notice the activity difference which would be great for the server as a whole.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
^ agreed
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Mcheese, I joined this realm bc it said new players, and when I brought it up in guild chat several others said they did. New players does work, if they merge realms I feel as if people will view it as the death of wow, like they have in mmos in the past. That is not the case at all, 10 mil subs is godly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
It's so bad to the point that I'm willing to transfer my main and leave behind all of my alts. I wish they would fix this!!! >.<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/07/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Curiosity
It's so bad to the point that I'm willing to transfer my main and leave behind all of my alts.

What a coincidence. That's exactly what I did
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It's okay guys, don't #**@%@*!! out! Smolderthorn will eventually return to greatness. Just be proud to be part of one of the few realms that was here since day one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
screw it. we need to find someway to go above the forums, above the GMS, above them all and FORCE whoever is in charge and dictates, FORCE THEM to listen to our problem and do something about it otherwise this game is not worth playing. Blizzard is getting rich off us, and there making even more money when the server gets low and we all decide to xfer. Merge the server. Idk how YET, but we need to find a way to get to the top of the food chain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Even though paying to transfer servers is an option, we should not be REQUIRED to pay to transfer if this is clearly an MMO and the people at blizz cant keep the servers populated. It makes perfect sense for me to buy a game which requires me to pay $15 a month (or do the 1yr annual pass like I did), do stuff (dungs/raids/BGs) which requires other people to do, on an empty server.
Cmon blizz. Do you go to the store everyday for a jug of milk, pay for it,receive an empty jug, and walk out with a smile on your face? This needs to be addressed or myself and many others are gonna be /chuckindeuces to the World of Warcraft.
P.S. Diablo 3 was horrible, annual pass wasnt even worth it nor was the cheesy mount that came with it. I only have talent in drawing stick figures and couldve done sicker artwork.
Sounds like someone needs to get hired and someone else fired.
GM hit me up if u need a resume :)
*Coconut* The one and only!
Edited by Sniptodasnap on 2/8/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
This!! ^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It amazes me how much complaining people will do about how much something sucks when a solution is staring them in the face. If you don't like this realm, re-roll or pay for a transfer.

Just realize that the high-population realms have challenges too. I rerolled on Tochondrius, but I still levelled another toon on Smolderthorn because I didn't want to wait in queues during peak times, and didn't want to hear 1000 people spamming chat about battleground carries and hear how good some 12 year old thinks he is.

If it's as bad as you make it sound, why are you paying this much money for a game experience you aren't enjoying? And is the cost really that much? I drank too much a few nights ago and had to take a cab home from the bar and it cost more than it would cost for a transfer. Why does it cost money for a transfer - because there isn't an automated process. They need 15 to 30 minutes of time from some techie to transfer you over. Ask for 15 minutes of time from a mechanic, accountant, lawyer, etc. and see how much they would charge you.

This is my first level 90 Smolderthorn Horde toon, so I can't comment knowledgeably about good vs. bad guilds, but maybe you need a new guild. This realm needs a couple of very solid, non-elitist, friendly, mature guilds that regularly Raid and have enough well-geared PVPers that people can do arenas and RBGs. Come to Dreamfall and help us make it happen :). My main is on the Alliance side, and our guild has 3 raid groups and an active PVP scene, so the game is enjoyable even though the Alliance population is 4x as bad as the horde one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]