I wanna be Mogul. Which professions?

90 Gnome Mage
Hi folks, lets be honest. I wanna be super duper rich and buy whatever i want from AH without worrying about running out of gold.

Which professions are high demanded and makes tons of gold? I have tailoring, bs, enchanting, herblism, mining at 475 lvl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You need to add Inscription and Jewelcrafting. How many hours per day are you willing to spend being a mogul?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
8 - 10 hours. So inscription and jc can make lots of gold? Are they hard to level and how much would it cost me to max them?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
One of everything will do. get the [Master of All] - mogul level 1
[Working better in a Team] mogul level 2.

Inscription, needs your own farmer of herbs from your herbalist.
JC, needs your own farmer of ore. for prospeecting.

Hence, why the [master of All] is worthwhile
Edited by Cleevvage on 2/7/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Zhk:
Hi folks, lets be honest. I wanna be super duper rich and buy whatever i want from AH without worrying about running out of gold.

Impossible. As in real life, greed expands to stay ahead of available resources. I started getting serious about the auction house in November, thinking it might be nice to have a little extra money. Now I'm waiting a few extra days to buy my Grand Expedition Yak so I'll have a bigger cushion and it won't blow too big a hole in my finances.
Edited by Icpitl on 2/7/2013 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
So r u saying i need to max all profession to make gold? Can't i just focus on 3 or 4 profs that benefits from each other?

To make things clear, which profession should i aim first and combine?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So r u saying i need to max all profession to make gold? Can't i just focus on 3 or 4 profs that benefits from each other?

If you cant make gold with the 5 or 6 detailed above; You may need to get the others you are missing, to try your luck with them.
As i detailed in a reply earlier, youll need gathering professions to level both JC and inscription.
Buying ore and herbs may not be feasible. Maybe your server has an cheap herbs and ores.

I find the scribe makes alot. selling starlight ink, Cards, DMF Cards/trinkets.
with inscription, youll need a good farmer, or spend lots of time farming herbs.

Tailoring also makes a lot, with the bag market, and crafting 476/496. Imperial silk is needed
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I see. Still looking valuable advices guys :) keep it coming Ty!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Cleevvage:
As i detailed in a reply earlier, youll need gathering professions to level both JC and inscription.
Buying ore and herbs may not be feasible. Maybe your server has an cheap herbs and ores.

I find the scribe makes alot. selling starlight ink, Cards, DMF Cards/trinkets.
with inscription, youll need a good farmer, or spend lots of time farming herbs.

I agree with this, but only while leveling. Once you get to 600, you should be able to make money by buying herbs off the auction house, making them into stuff, and selling the crafted materials. Otherwise you shouldn't be crafting those things, because you're losing money doing it, and even if you have herbalism you'd be better off just selling the herbs.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Inscription, needs your own farmer of herbs from your herbalist.
JC, needs your own farmer of ore. for prospeecting.

Not true. Farming your own materials does not make them free and is primarily a waste of time. It is good to have the professions while leveling for the additional experience and gold, but you should hit 600 by 90 (for the achievement), at which point you want to dump the professions for crafting professions to make gold.

If you can't buy materials off of the AH for crafting an item at a profit, you shouldn't be crafting it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I mill a few thousand stacks of herbs a month and go through about the same amount of ore. HAHA at farming them myself. I'd much rather actually play the game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
02/07/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Higeki
I mill a few thousand stacks of herbs a month and go through about the same amount of ore. HAHA at farming them myself. I'd much rather actually play the game.

According to my logs, I have bought more then 26k ghost iron ore this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Zhk
have tailoring, bs, enchanting, herblism, mining at 475 lvl.

At level 90 if you have some Spirits of Harmony, you can buy several BS and Tailoring (and Leatherworking) recipes that make at 300-600g profit per sale, whose recipes are purchased with Spirits. There are a few others that make over 1000g profit, that use Spirits as materials as well, so you'd want to have a SongBell farm at Half Hill. And make one Imperial Silk daily nearby. Oh, and there's plenty of other BS and Tailoring recipes not needing these special mats that will make 100g profit each.

Some of the BS/Tailoring/Leatherwork armor crafts have a green version that sells for 30-50g and a blue version worth 300-400g. You craft them and one out of every 4 or 5 is the blue.

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting let you create many (hundreds?) different items that will all sell gradually over time, so you just craft new ones as they sell. I don't do this because of the time involved in tracking and crafting so many things, but since you're up for several hours a day, you could. I suspect alchemy works well too, once you figure out what potions sell constantly.

I'm not sure if glyphs are the same. There are hundreds, but a player only needs a few and keeps them for the life of the character.

Ore and Herbs are more time-consuming but bring in a steady profit per hour. There's a couple places in Pandaria to get a bunch of Ore without flying, but for Herbs probably not. I've seen a quote somewhere that you can make 1000g gold an hour doing this. Not sure where. If it was Hayden Hawke, I'm sure it's accurate (I love her newsletter).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Zhk

For my blacksmith I need Ghost Iron Bars, and some Living Steel. I have an Alchemist making Living Steel (and the Trillium bars to make it) to save money, but he can only do 1 per day so having the Alchemist isn't that important. The savings vary, but not huge.

On the other hand, having a Miner make Ghost Iron Bars from Ghost Iron Ore often saves a lot (like 200g vs 380g for the mats for one item) and he can do any number per day. Also Smelting Ghost Iron only requires Mining level 525, which you an do with a level 75 character. So a level 75 Miner is useful, even though they can't gather Ore in Pandaria until 85.

The other raw mats don't need a 3d profession. There's the gatherer and the crafter.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
You'll pretty much need just about all professions to really make a lot. That being said, I average about 120-130k/week and I dont have a max skinner, lw, or eng.

02/07/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Jozie

According to my logs, I have bought more then 26k ghost iron ore this expansion.

I buy about 25-30k ore and around 20k herbs per weekend ;)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Zhk:

Impossible. As in real life, greed expands to stay ahead of available resources. I started getting serious about the auction house in November, thinking it might be nice to have a little extra money. Now I'm waiting a few extra days to buy my Grand Expedition Yak so I'll have a bigger cushion and it won't blow too big a hole in my finances.

Actually it's very possible, I have everything I could ever buy with gold and still sit at over 4 million and make more daily. Only thing I have to dump gold on now is the black market, and nothing good ever pops up.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
02/08/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Mmkayy
I buy about 25-30k ore and around 20k herbs per weekend ;)

Low pop server. I have a bag full of uncut uncommon gems, half a bag of rare uncut gems, a bag of spirit dust, a bag of essences, and a hundred or so shards. Not to mention the all the scrolls and cut gems I try to post on a daily basis.

If my server was better, I might prospect more, but I just lowered my buyout prices to just catch good deals every now and then to keep my stocks up.
Reply Quote
So, you want me to tell you how to take all my profits?

lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Mmkayy and Jozie i would like to add you to my Real ID? how to do this and get directions from you 2. Please help me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]