Enh shamans have gearing disadvantage

100 Draenei Shaman
I play Ele spec, and when I was working to get to geared to run in the LFR, I bought a Masterwork Forgewire Axe as soon as I dinged 90. Shortly after that, I was able to score Inscribed Red Fan for the offhand (replacing the crafted shield), before I started running LFR.

My wife plays Enh spec. She was able to get various weapons, all ilvl 450 and below, from the AH, that were world-drops. There are no crafted weapons for her class/spec. This means she has to look elsewhere to increase her ilvl, and she has no more options than I do for available items in all other slots. She was eventually able to replace her weapons after running a large number of scenarios.

From what I can see, crafted weapons at ilvl 463 or higher are available for every class and spec except for Enh shamans and Combat rogues. There are AGI daggers, but the speed on the weapon is 1.80, far too fast for Enh, and I think Combat also uses slow-slow.

So did a blacksmithing pattern get left out somehow?

edit: apparently the crafted shield comes up as "Darkmoon Murloc", which is funny....
Edited by Glaras on 2/7/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
463 crafted weapons do not exist for mages or warlocks either. Not all classes will have them, nor is it really an important issue. There are a bevy of weapons in dungeons, so imply running them will get you weapons pretty easily.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Running scenarios instead of heroics was a waste of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/07/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys
Running scenarios instead of heroics was a waste of time.

Yes, but you do your one scenario for the 450 ilvl weapon to replace your greens or w/e then you do heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There's no craftable 1h ilvl 463 weapon for healing priests either and no craftable ilvl 463 bows or guns. Run some heroics for ilvl 463 gear and jump in LFR if you want a chance at 476 of 483 weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
02/07/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Napwneon
463 crafted weapons do not exist for mages or warlocks either. Not all classes will have them, nor is it really an important issue. There are a bevy of weapons in dungeons, so imply running them will get you weapons pretty easily.

Locks and mages can get staves from Inscription fairly early on. I'm facing the same problem on my enhancement shaman and frankly it's been hell trying to get a decent pair of weapons. Running dungeons and scenarios are all fine and good, but when every other class/spec combination has options to skip looking for weapons and we are pigeonholed into one route it seems a bit counterproductive and unfair.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The inscription staves are nice, as you can see I do use one myself. However they're not as readily available to everyone because they're BoA. Meaning you have to have a max level Scribe yourself.

Also, it takes a minimum of 20x days worth of Scroll of Wisdom cooldowns to make them.

Invest the same amount of time into 2v2 and you could have t1 pvp weapon. While not amazing it is a reasonable subsitute until you can get something from LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Lewick
There's no craftable 1h ilvl 463 weapon for healing priests either and no craftable ilvl 463 bows or guns. Run some heroics for ilvl 463 gear and jump in LFR if you want a chance at 476 of 483 weapons.

Oh, you're right! I was misinformed that the staves and the ranged weapons were 463's, and they're not.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
They made the axe an intellect item and the sword an agility item and should have done it the other way around. They tried to get too cute with their crafting recipes.

At least you guys don't have to wait until the very last boss of the tier to get your sha-touched weapons like all the strength classes do....
Edited by Garnox on 2/10/2013 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]