Execute ability?

90 Night Elf Druid
I know that with balance and feral and even guardian to an extent it would be difficult to make one that suits all specs but it still annoying that in an age where everyone is becoming the same that we dont have an execute ability. I mean giving us an ability that shares the same mechanic of after target is below x% health damage is increased wouldn't be to bad in the way of homogenizing would it?

I mean going down the list,
DK: Soul Reaper
Hunter: kill Shot
Pally: Hammer of Wrath
Priest: Shadow Word:Death
Warlocks: Shadowburn
Warrior: Execute

Why give over half the classes some execute but not all? I mean there has to be some way lore wise an execute can be incorporated right? I know this will come off as a QQ thread but it meant for me to understand why these classes are given an execute while others are not.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Kitty: Blood In the Water. or whatever its called. Ferocious bite on targets at or below 25% refreshes Rip.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, for one, executes aren't necessary (or even all that great, ask some of those classes how "powerful" those execute abilities are, and prepare for them to laugh in your face).

Two, Ferocious Bite. (resets the duration of Rip on targets below 25% health).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes it refreshes a bleed that can hit fairly decent.... better sustained damage.... I dont understand how this is all that great with heals. I'm talking more on a PvP note btw.

02/01/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Ahanss
Well, for one, executes aren't necessary (or even all that great, ask some of those classes how "powerful" those execute abilities are, and prepare for them to laugh in your face).

Really a warrior's or priest execute is weak?? Those hit like a truck.... I havent had much experience with others besides DK which with a 5 sec timer is a joke.

P.S. again I am sorry if this comes across as QQ
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Reaching an Eclipse state causes you to radiant with energy, healing up to 3 nearby friendly targets for [6071 + 67.3% of Spell Power]. In addition, reaching an Eclipse state grants Phosphorescent Spores increasing your damage and healing done by 0.75%. Stacking up to 20 times and lasts 90 seconds. Must be in combat to build spores. Persists through death (Half of the stacks are lost in PvP Zones).

I would like this.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Why do we need to have one? Soul Reaper, Execute and Hammer of Wrath are absurdly weak for tanks. They've nerfed the amount of Vengeance the ability gains because warrior and paladin tanks were far too powerful for bursty fights with high Vengeance (Wind Lord being the main fight).

How exactly does it benefit the other specs?
Edited by Saeilfa on 2/1/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I wouldn't be all that upset about missing an execute if they didn't occasionally put bosses in where they start out at like 50% hp(meaning other classes get to use executes for 40% of the bosses health instead of 20) or constantly made fights where the boss hits 20% health or so and hits a soft enrage where you need to kill him before he kills you. Its just not fun to be one of the few specs that is gimped on every one of those encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/01/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Rhiannora
Kitty: Blood In the Water. or whatever its called. Ferocious bite on targets at or below 25% refreshes Rip.

Its baked into Ferocious Bite now instead of its own thing.

Personally I like call it Nom Nom Nom though.

Edit -

Executes really aren't all they're cracked up to be. Every class that has an execute is balanced around that execute which means that outside of execute range their damage is lower than that of another spec without an execute. You dont necessarily see that right away because there isn't an ability that says for the first 70% of the fight you do more damage than that guy there, but it is what happens.
Edited by Añd on 2/1/2013 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Druid
Why not add something like this to Blood in the Water:

"When you Ferocious Bite a target below 25%HP you refresh the duration of your Rip on the target and deal additional damage to the target equal to 4% of the total damage of your Rip for each combo point consumed."

Would add a little more oomph to our so called execute.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Executes really aren't all they're cracked up to be. Every class that has an execute is balanced around that execute which means that outside of execute range their damage is lower than that of another spec without an execute. You dont necessarily see that right away because there isn't an ability that says for the first 70% of the fight you do more damage than that guy there, but it is what happens.

Except Affliction Warlocks, we get the best of both worlds... for now...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Guardians don't need an execute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why not add something like this to Blood in the Water:"When you Ferocious Bite a target below 25%HP you refresh the duration of your Rip on the target and deal additional damage to the target equal to 4% of the total damage of your Rip for each combo point consumed."Would add a little more oomph to our so called execute.

I like this a lot as well

Edited by Saeilfa on 2/1/13 7:20 PM (PST)
Why do we need to have one? Soul Reaper, Execute and Hammer of Wrath are absurdly weak for tanks. They've nerfed the amount of Vengeance the ability gains because warrior and paladin tanks were far too powerful for bursty fights with high Vengeance (Wind Lord being the main fight).How exactly does it benefit the other specs?

Like I stated earlier I'm talking more for PVP than PVE and also this would be geared more for balance or feral obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
...but Blood in the Water is basically a "Free Rip" ~ Every time you would use Rip, but replacing it with FB, you are gaining 100% output through FB. That's quite a bit of "oomph."
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/02/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Zoolandur
Like I stated earlier I'm talking more for PVP than PVE and also this would be geared more for balance or feral obviously.

That still doesn't explain how it would benefit the class.

I'd hazard a guess that we do not have an execute ability because we are not hunters or warriors or priests or paladins, and so forth. I don't understand the logic of "they have one, that means I want one!".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/02/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Saeilfa
I'd hazard a guess that we do not have an execute ability because we are not hunters or warriors or priests or paladins, and so forth. I don't understand the logic of "they have one, that means I want one!".

your trying to tell me that an execute ability wouldnt help our class?? Yes it may not help guardian or resto as much but it would benifit our dps spec tremendously.... instead of trying to sustain them down for a kill and hope no heals come, or hope that our ticks out do second wind, we would have an execute. How would this not help the class.

Like I said I know this will probably come across as a QQ thread of I want what they have, but I am just trying to understand and several people have helped me in this catagory except you who has completely ignored the fact that one, or something in addition to what we have, would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/02/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Zoolandur
Why not add something like this to Blood in the Water:"When you Ferocious Bite a target below 25%HP you refresh the duration of your Rip on the target and deal additional damage to the target equal to 4% of the total damage of your Rip for each combo point consumed."Would add a little more oomph to our so called execute.

I like this a lot as well

Edited by Saeilfa on 2/1/13 7:20 PM (PST)
Why do we need to have one? Soul Reaper, Execute and Hammer of Wrath are absurdly weak for tanks. They've nerfed the amount of Vengeance the ability gains because warrior and paladin tanks were far too powerful for bursty fights with high Vengeance (Wind Lord being the main fight).How exactly does it benefit the other specs?

Executes in pvp are also absurdly weak and generally completely unnecessary. I don't think I've ever seen a DK even use soul reaper in pvp. Even if they did its a dispellable magic effect. Warriors execute range is at 20% which is such a low amount of health that, unless you get healed or use somethin to getfo, you're dead with or without Execute. Affliction locks have that same issue, except their execute is a channeled spell.

In fact, the only executes I hear with any regularity are SW:Death and I think Shadowburn? The benefit bein an instant cast ranged attack that does a decent amount of damage. An instant cast ranged attack wouldn't fit into the Feral toolkit (as well as the fact that Feral already has an execute) and, while it technically could fit somewhere in the boomkin toolkit, I dont really see an obvious way to do that without makin the spec even more complex in PVE than it already is.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight

Executes in pvp are also absurdly weak and generally completely unnecessary.
I'll try to remember that when warriors hit 200k executes on me.
Edited by Randomcharr on 2/3/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I mean going down the list,
DK: Soul Reaper
Hunter: kill Shot
Pally: Hammer of Wrath
Priest: Shadow Word:Death
Warlocks: Shadowburn
Warrior: Execute

Warlocks get a unique execute mechanic for each spec, shadowburn is the destruction one and only counts as a pvp execute, as you don't use it on bosses unless they are already dying 2 seconds later (See touch of death for monks). Hammer of wrath could barely be called an execute, as its sometimes not even worth the global over even crusader strike unless your stuck at range.

Also I count 4 classes there besides druid's with no execute at all, except assassination rogues with dispatch. So since thats one spec lets call it 6 and a half total classes with executes, out of 11. Almost half of the classes not having one means that we are not special <_<.

Also yes blood in the water. But god I hate that thing. So much so that I think Im gonna make a thread about how druids shouldn't have an execute.
Edited by Levier on 2/3/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/03/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Zoolandur
much but it would benifit our dps spec tremendously....

You mean to tell me you'd rather take a nerf to our sustained damage (which is a tremendous amount of pressure) for an execute? I mean... do you feel our control (Bash/DR/Vortex, Cyclone, Maim, Skull Bash (if Feral), Bear Charge, Pounce, Typhoon, Solar Beam, Hibernate, Entangling Roots) isn't enough... or do you feel our burst isn't high enough?

Why exactly do you feel this class is lacking by not having one?

I notice you do not have a level 90 druid. Perhaps your opinion will change when you participate in level 90 PvP.

02/03/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Zoolandur
but I am just trying to understand

In short, druids do not have an Execute because they have 1) high sustained damage, 2) high burst, 3) high control, and because of flavour (we have bleeds, the same way rogues have poisons, warlocks have demons and so on).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]