PvP is stupidly BROKEN at the moment.

90 Gnome Death Knight
I have read post after post that Blizzard is making pvp more enjoyable as you get gear. I grind via arenas and dailies for my pvp gear. Since panda has been out i have been in some form of pvp max level gaming.

We were told that having PVP gear is now recommended and has a HUGE advantage to compete against others that dont have any. i can only assume that only applies to arenas, rated and random battlegrounds. I say this only because I had my !@# handled to me by a fire mage all in PvE gear my PvP ilvl is 485. and his PvE ilvl 490. (World Event -- Hellfire Towers)

My pvp resilience: 63%
Fire Mage: resilience: 0%

My PvP Power: 47%
Fire Mage: 0%

Alot of talk in forums on how this is to work. I have read till im blue in the face.. But as I do a ton of world PvP I do not see this to hold as a true statement.. Where is the proof?

Having PvP gear for world, arenas, and other forms of battlegrounds are not needed. No need to listen to and believe what the masses are saying it is flat out not true.

Fix it....

While your at it, being feared 10 times in a roll, Being CC ungodly amount of times in a roll.. is so freaking stupid that it totally needs to be removed form this game. (only kidding)
BRING BACK Burning Crusade Battlegrounds. Fear, Fear Fear, (IMMUME)
Reply Quote
Sounds like you god badly out-skilled by the mage. Might just be a l2play issue?

While your at it, being feared 10 times in a roll, Being CC ungodly amount of times in a roll.. is so freaking stupid that it totally needs to be removed form this game. (only kidding)
BRING BACK Burning Crusade Battlegrounds. Fear, Fear Fear, (IMMUME)

Horrify =/= Fear
Edited by Loreonguy on 2/2/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
02/02/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Loreonguy
Sounds like you god badly out-skilled by the mage. Might just be a l2play issue?

Figured as much somone that has nothing to add to a post would start off with a Troll remark..

Sorry but according to what has been stated by blizzard on forums, tweets and other social media having "0" pvp gear does not stand a chance to those who have it.

Out played.... lmao... Can you be any more original?
Edited by Misdependant on 2/2/2013 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I think the problem is your just bad =/
Nobody else has this problem but you
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Everyone has, by default, 40% resilience. Only the PvP Power you have will reduce this.

Though I can't say I've ever been beaten by someone in PvE gear before. They are squishy squish.

Checking someone's Armory isn't reliable as it doesn't do live-updates. So chances are, he could have changed to a PvP set mid-game and then back to PvE again a short time after or before he logged out.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
02/02/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Misdependant

Figured as much somone that has nothing to add to a post would start off with a Troll remark..

Sorry but according to what has been stated by blizzard on forums, tweets and other social media having "0" pvp gear does not stand a chance to those who have it.

Out played.... lmao... Can you be any more original?

Why bother replying with something other than a troll remark to a topic that by all accounts looks and feels like a troll post?

Also, death knights are probably the second easiest class to kill a mage with (behind ferals right now) so I don't know what to tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It is not trolling to suggest that the OP got outplayed because it is entirely possible that he did. Last season PvE epics were often better than PvP epics, but with the addition of PvP power and res that is no longer the case. Frost DKs have a lot of tools to lock down spell casters, so given the information available if I had to make an educated guess I would say the fire mage played much better than the OP in that encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
AMS, Strangulate, Mind freeze, death grip, and some, you have plenty of tools at your disposal, sounds like a clear cut case of out played.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Pvp is the most broken it has ever been.

In Cata Blizz said they were increasing our health pools and pvp would be longer games and it would take more skill. they were wrong, now in mop it is even worse, it is a big one shot fest out there.

I still don't know why they changed resil so that you could crit someone for 200k+ when that is more than half your health. It is incredibly broken and the worst amount of fun pvp has ever been imo.

Blizz told us they wanted pvp to require skill. it doesn't take any skill to one shot someone. It just takes gear. Wrath was so much better than this. where is the skill in silencing a healer for 3 seconds and hitting him with 3 100k arcane shots lol.

I would honestly love this game if we all had equal gear and skill was the deciding factor. It would be fun instead of have some totally geared player get 30 or 40 killing blows and someone trying to have a good time and do some battle grounds getting killed over and over.

they wanted to get rid of twinks because they thought it was totally unfair, but now they give us end game twinks which is even worse. They ended up creating the exact thing they are trying to avoid. an unfair advantage in the game and ruining something good.

Think i might make a new hunter, equip all my boa's, and go kill undergeared players. Its about the only fun thing left to do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Shazaaman
We must be playing different games... I am having fun.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
02/02/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Kiaransali
We must be playing different games... I am having fun.

^ lol mage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Ditsi
^ lol mage.
lol warlock... your point?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/02/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Shazaaman
Wrath was so much better than this

I remember being able to take about 90% of someone's health in a chaos bolt-conflag combo. Yea things were good back in Wrath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]