Top Classes/specs for Healing are?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wondering what position all the healing classes are in, not because I want to change my main from a holy paladin, but because I want to see what people should be doing with their class compared to me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
There are a lot of variables that can affect the numbers posted by different classes. Saying spec x "should" be putting up x if you put up y without accounting for any of those variables is ridiculous. For just a basic example of this: if you are healing the tank and your partner is healing the raid in a 10 man the numbers will be vastly different to the case where you are healing the raid and they are healing the tanks. Now add in different comps, encounter mechanics, raid sizes, raid difficulty, gear levels, player skill, etc to the mix...

There is no "should be" for healing numbers. This isn't dps where you can say with any certainty what numbers a spec should put up on a particular fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Generally I'd look for what spells should be in the top usage more than comparitive "numbers."

For most fights, there's certain things you'd expect to see, and some things that would raise the flag of being outta whack.

Predictive heavy damage? Disc should be using SS for that. Basic healing? Probably Prayer of Healing and Divine Aegis will be up there.

HPally sees a similar weight of things like Illuminated Healing, Eternal Flame, and Beacon. When you see a "bread and butter" spell that seems to be getting low usage, something is usually off somewhere.

Generally it gives a better picture of who's doing what they should, which numbers can't. You can only heal the damage that's there, and as everyone gets better at mechanics, damage goes down, and healing also drops respectively.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Predictive heavy damage? Disc should be using SS for that. Basic healing? Probably Prayer of Healing and Divine Aegis will be up there.

LOL NOT IN 5.2
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Shankari
Generally I'd look for what spells should be in the top usage more than comparitive "numbers."

^

A correctly-played disc priest should have:
1: Spirit Shell (@30%)
2-4: Divine Aegis, Prayer of Healing, Atonement (@15%)
5+: Prayer of Mending, Power Word: Shield, Penance, assorted misc. effects (<15%)
(note: this is changing in 5.2. PWS goes up, Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis go down, amounts to be determined.)

A correctly-played holy priest should have the following effects listed and making up the overwhelming majority of their healing, with usually no one effect accounting for more than ~20% of total healing (the order will vary):
Divine Hymn, Prayer of Healing, Echo of Light, Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, Renew, Lightspring/Lightwell Renew, Cascade or Divine Star

A correctly-played paladin should have:
1: Illuminated Healing (@25%)
2-4: Eternal Flame or Light of Dawn, Holy Shock, Beacon of Light (@15%)
5+: Divine Light, Holy Radiance, Light's Hammer, Holy Light, Daybreak, assorted misc. effects (<10%; HR may go up to the 15% category in 25m, DL may do the same in 10m or when tank healing)

I don't know the current iterations of shamans/druids/monks very well. I do know that shamans should usually see Healing Rain on top, monks Renewing Mist, and druids Rejuvenation, but beyond that I'll leave it to the experts.
Edited by Kaels on 2/3/2013 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Normally for druids, you'll see Rejuv, Wild Growth and Lifebloom as your top 3. That's the usual order for me anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Sherbear
Normally for druids, you'll see Rejuv, Wild Growth and Lifebloom as your top 3. That's the usual order for me anyways.

Depending on the raid size, encounter, and whether the efflo and direct heal are being lumped together, swiftmend can also make it into the top 3.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Icecreamsoup
Depending on the raid size, encounter, and whether the efflo and direct heal are being lumped together, swiftmend can also make it into the top 3.

Indeed it can :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Rsham #1.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The most broken healer is Resto Mage, as Prayer of Alter Time simply reverts all non-instant death damage over 6 seconds. Hopefully it will get nerfed in 5.2.

You didn't like this joke response, you say? Maybe you should read replies in one of the other 10,000 identical threads to this one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd have to say Blood Spec DK. You should look into it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think Feral Druids are pretty good at Healing tbh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]