Hot Battery, High fan speed, not Charging....

86 Human Hunter
I have a Mac Book Pro, early 2011. OSX Version 10.7.5.

I have been unable to enjoy the game ever since the Mists of Panderia release. My laptop runs so hot while the game is on. The fan is going full blast. The battery is draining even while plugged in.

The game is running way over 100% cpu. I have about an hour from 100% charge, while plugged in, to having a dead battery.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Is this using the 32 bit client or the 64 bit client ?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Also, is the game fully updated in the launcher? I did some tests and I never got over 100% CPU usage.

You may want to ensure that you have additional background apps closed, so that it isn't putting much stress on the MBP. Also, you may want to try resetting your SMC and follow some guidelines to prevent overheating.
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
It's with the 64 bit client. The launcher says the game is up to date, and I've reset the SMC. I'll keep trying to figure out what's going on and let you know if I figure it out.
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
On the apple website I found an update for SMC that I think helped a little. There was an update to system tools that seemed to help with the reloading every time I changed from from windowed to fullscreen. The computer dies still though. I've reseet smc and made sure background apps are off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]