Need a new laptop - desperate for suggestions

88 Blood Elf Priest
Hello - my HP laptop of four years finally died out on me. I noticed that once I started playing WoW, it was overheating and crashing all the time and finally stopped working only 3 months after installing the game. I need to get a new laptop, I am going to grad school in the fall and won't be able to have a desktop. I really want to continue playing wow (pretty much daily). I also need it to last a while (at least 4 years if possible). Can anyone suggest a laptop (and possibly a cooling pad) that will work? I don't know much about computers, so I'm not going to be upgrading or customizing anything (unless it's really easy). Any help would be appreciated. I would like to stay under $1500, but if it is really worth the extra investment for functionality I am willing to spend up to $2500.

I don't have a preference, Mac or PC is great.

Please, I am desperate for suggestions. Thank you.

P.S. I am mainly concerned about the comp running WoW. I use statistical programs such as Excel and Minitab that will run on anything, so that is not of concern.

P.P.S. Some I've been looking at are Samsung Series 7, Dell XPS 15 or Inspiron, or a Macbook of course.
Edited by Erideyn on 2/4/2013 12:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
See:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5592454629#8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]