(H) DogsOfWar Recruiting

100 Undead Mage
We are a family/friend oriented guild that has existed since December 6th, 2004 and are still going strong.

Although casually structured we have a strong focus on raid progression without imposing attendance and spec requirements; however knowledge and understanding of your class/role is needed.

Our current schedule for raiding is 2 days per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 - 11 Server Time.

Currently on Thunderhorn, there are no 25 man raiding guilds. We tried moving to this at the beginning of MoP, but just didn't have the numbers to pull it off. While it is easier to be successful running 10 man raids (or two), it just doesn't have the camaraderie which is the foundation of our guild. A lot of our members are from the "glory days", but through the years, just don't have the time to put in like we used to. We understand that there is more to life than WoW, and are more than accommodating to our members play style.

Although our primary focus for recruiting is to fill 25 man raid spots, we are a social guild, and really anyone who isn't trouble would be welcome. We like people. We like talking to and meeting new people. Isn't that really the point of a MMO? There's a reason why Thunderhorn guilds have come and gone, while we've been going strong for 8+ years.

I understand many feel an attachment to dead/dying guilds, but really the attachment is to the name and the memories of friends long gone. Your memories will not bring your friends back, and resurrecting a dying guild is more work than most people are willing to put into it, especially on our server where population isn't exactly what it once was. DoW is a place you can call home, a place where you can make new friends, a place where WoW can be fun again, where there's many people online to do stuff with.

Does this sound like a place you can call home? Whisper me ingame and I'll be happy to tell you more. If I'm not online, ask any member to talk to an officer (it's rare one of us is not online at any reasonable hour) to find out more.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Horde has a 25 man raid guild once again!! I have to say it's been a couple years since I've been a part of 25 man raids, well guild groups anyways. We all had a blast! Still gonna need a couple more people to make sure we fill on both our raid nights. We'd love to have ya T-horn!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Bump for my old, old home. Glad to see you guys are still around.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bump !!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
5.2 changes coming to 25 man raids. Still looking for more people who want to raid 25 mans!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055#new-post

Coming to the PTR in the near future will be a new designation of item type in Normal and Heroic raids for non-tier pieces. Each 5.2 raid boss will have a chance of dropping this new designation of a particular item that’s 6 item levels higher than their counterparts. These higher quality versions will be called “Thunderforged”. This means that there will be five variations of some items. You’ll now see a 5.2 raid item of LFR quality at item level 502, the same item in Normal quality at item level 522, the item in Normal Thunderforged quality at item level 528, the Heroic version of the item at level 535, and the Heroic Thunderforged version of the item at level 541.

This new item designation is being added for a couple reasons, but first and foremost to make loot drops more interesting overall, especially after you have earlier bosses in Throne of Thunder on farm. As you’re working on progression, those first few bosses can now continue to provide a chance at upgrades, making repeated kills potentially more exciting and rewarding. Those additional upgrades can then help to slowly raise power, and boost you over whatever progression roadblock you may hit.

We’ve also received a lot of feedback regarding 25-player raids, and have been looking for ways to address some concerns. Ever since we changed 10-player raids to drop the same item level as 25s, we’ve seen a steady decline in 25-player raiding. This isn’t surprising. A 25-player raid takes an extra level of logistical commitment for the officers of those groups. It’s unfortunately easy for a 25-player guild to collapse down into a 10-player guild, but very unlikely for the opposite to happen. However, we like 25-player raiding and don’t want to see it go away. Like many players, we love the epic feeling that comes with banding together more massive groups to battle powerful foes, we love that there’s opportunity for those groups to try out new players or unusual comps without causing a huge burden, and we want to support the larger raiding guilds. That said, we’re also concerned that over-rewarding the 25-player guilds—if, for example, we went back to a higher item level across the board for 25s, as was the case for Icecrown Citadel—would feel like a slap in the face to the many 10-player raiders out there, who are the majority of our Normal and Heroic raiders.

To attempt to navigate this minefield, we’re going to try having Thunderforged items drop more frequently in 25-player raids. They’ll be somewhat rare in both cases compared to the standard versions that’ll drop, but they’ll be even rarer in 10s. Overall, a 25-player group will be more likely to end up with a slightly higher item level after several weeks of raiding.

It’s important to keep in mind that this only affects 10- and 25-player Normal and Heroic raids, and tier-15 armor pieces won’t be available in Thunderforged quality at all. We’re curious to hear your thoughts about these changes, and what you think once you begin seeing them on the PTR.
Edited by Xue on 2/13/2013 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Still looking for people who want to raid 25 mans, or hang out with a great bunch of people =)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
To the top!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Now 6/6 in Mogu'shan Vaults and 2/6 in Heart of Fear.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Bump for a good guild.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Hi Dogs,

Its been a long time and i'm looking to get back into the game and make some new friends and hopefully meet up with some old ones. I don't know if any of you remember me but I enjoy raiding and having fun with my friends. Hope to hear from you soon.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Lindara, I'll look you up in game. Was on vacation didn't see ya till now =)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
bump!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I assume this is more of a casual raid? I'd be somewhat interested in raiding with you guys on my DK if there are spots. I'd have to get him geared still (Tank/dps) I can do either. What are you guys currently raiding?
Edited by Twiizted on 3/28/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Does Gilgalador still play? If so, hi old friend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Currently on Thunderhorn horde side, there are no 25 man raiding guilds.

Fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]