Update on 5.2 haste change: Revenger's shield

90 Human Paladin
My point is, not having a little bit of extra resource on that fight probably won't be that huge of a deal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'll just have to see how it feels there again. I'm pretty sure the fight will still be doable with a paladin tank, it'll just be a bit worse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My point is, not having a little bit of extra resource on that fight probably won't be that huge of a deal.

Based on the fact that Warriors don't get to Revenge, and ignoring the dynamic differences between Barrier and WoG?

Come on, even a person who doesn't get concerned about this can see that kind of logic is pretty shoddy.

I'll just have to see how it feels there again. I'm pretty sure the fight will still be doable with a paladin tank, it'll just be a bit worse.

As I mentioned however, you'll have Purity on a 30 sec cd, that will add as a 10% dr cooldown.
So the "lost HP" (less than 1HP in a round of tanking on average) is being replaced with a 10% dr that lasts 6 seconds, which can be used every single time you tank. I don't see that actually making it worse.
Edited by Slashlove on 2/4/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
02/04/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Slashlove
between this and WoG being somewhat meh when spammed paladins are probably the weakest against a pure magic damage boss.

Technically that is going to be somewhat offset with the fact that Purity will actually work on non-periodic as well.

Plus a 40% dr cd is pretty awesome considering you can use it every other time you tank.

Yea, that's true, I wasn't thinking about unglyphing DP. They may still be the weakest overall for the gimmicky pure magic damage boss, but not in a meaningful way that is going to make someone say, "Lets swap out our paladin tank".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/04/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Branar
Baseline haste from SoI means every paladin is trotting around with 10% faster GCDs.

Insight is spell haste. Sanctity of Battle only scales off melee haste.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/04/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Slashlove
They changed the note to a 30% chance almost immediately.

Blizzaaaaard /shakesfist

02/04/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Slashlove
Plus since we no longer have AS slows, we can assume 1.5 speed.

Ah, fair point. Not sure why I picked 1.8 in my example above.

(2) still holds true for AOE-heavy situations this tier, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It is such a great accomplishment to not be worried about mechanics you don't fully know when talking about fights you've never done.

/rockon
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Isn't machine-gunning AS's going to make us wildly OP in AE situations? We'll have 3 Holy Power every 4.5 seconds, so if you take Divine Purpose, with a little luck you could have almost 100% coverage of the ShoR buff in that case.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It'll be a small boost in ShoR uptime, but even generating Holy Power every gcd wouldn't get close to 100% ShoR until we have the haste for an almost 1-sec gcd (around 1.1-1.2 sec to account for "banks" offered by HA/DP etc.)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Does ShotR have charges like block/SD/DS?

Or do they just rely on HP generation limits?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/04/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Slashlove
It'll be a small boost in ShoR uptime, but even generating Holy Power every gcd wouldn't get close to 100% ShoR until we have the haste for an almost 1-sec gcd (around 1.1-1.2 sec to account for "banks" offered by HA/DP etc.)

Ah okay. I was just thinking that a 70%+ uptime is pretty high as it stands for a buff that's 50% or higher damage reduction, but I've been shown to be mistaken before.

It would make offtanking weird on fights like Blade Lord where you don't tank for awhile and thus get 0 procs, lowering already bad non vengeance tank DPS to more abysmal levels.

No, but you can bank holy power and fire off two fairly fast (with 1 GCD between them to cast Judgment or CS).

The buff stacks though, so if you for example get 5 Divine Purpose procs in a row, you can machine-gun ShoRs into your target while using other abilities since it's off the GCD (but has its own GCD), and the duration of the buff rolls, it doesn't overwrite. It normally lasts 3 seconds, but with lucky DP procs or Holy Avenger, I've built it up to 11 seconds remaining a few times by the end of that string, plus more time while I was firing them off for a 20+ second 58% damage reduction.
Edited by Dekkar on 2/4/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

No charges.

If they WERE concerned about it, they would implement something like a charge system (since that's what the charges were completely designed to do). It might be a concern for a hypothetical T16 with 600+ilvl gear, but honestly every class is looking fairly broken at that point.
Edited by Slashlove on 2/4/2013 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah they probably will not have to worry about charges with SoR. One hit will only give you 3 seconds and holy power is a pretty binary resource.

I'm hoping the rotation does not get too bored without grand crusader procs half the time. On one hand, you'll get procs while tanking of course, and a ton of procs while AoE tanking, but then on the other hand you get 0 procs when not tanking and 0 procs on fights like garalon (until 2nd phase heroic ofc) and lei shi.

Although, there may be a solution for me to not care about this, and it's kind of a funny solution: MOAR HASTE!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Amusingly enough, I think we've determined something we knew all along: Getting more stats makes you more powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Makes me want haste more.

Last time I checked I can't dodge or parry spells. Will make shield not proc period when not tanking, there goes my extra interrupts. Shield procing for orbs on elegon, this won't happen any more, you are not tanking anything then (from the perspective of fight mechanics if we see something similar.)

I can see it now, pally hits the rng lotto and blizzard will realize grand crusader on hammer/cs had a cool down due to the ability it was linked to. I see blizzard making an ability have an issues that currently is fine.
Reply Quote
I think it could be worse honestly. *shrugs*. Puts a little more value to Dodge and Parry - minor welcome change I guess. Sucks for magic fights though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]