Question about transferring and name changes

90 Orc Death Knight
I was wondering how a name change would work if I were to transfer to a server that already has a character with my name, but that said character hasn't been played in a very long time and isn't accessible from the armory? Since I actually play my character, would I get priority or does it matter? I assume it still doesn't matter and I'd have to name change, which is a shame cause I love my character's name for absolutely no reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
you would be prompted to change the name upon transfer
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
if you want to change the name you will have to either delete the character with that name, or pay to change it. This is all assuming the two characters are on the same account.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It doesn't sound like the other character is his.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 04:52 AMPosted by Plothole
I was wondering how a name change would work if I were to transfer to a server that already has a character with my name, but that said character hasn't been played in a very long time and isn't accessible from the armory? Since I actually play my character, would I get priority or does it matter? I assume it still doesn't matter and I'd have to name change, which is a shame cause I love my character's name for absolutely no reason.

Plothole, what you would need to do is submit either an in-game ticket or a support ticket from within Battle.net and inquire as to whether this name can be freed up. There is a certain amount of criteria that must be met in order for this to occur, including (but not limited to) a long period of inactivity. If this criteria is met, you will be notified that the name has been released. Keep in mind that once the name is released, it is not being reserved for you specifically. So you would want to keep a close eye on your ticket status for if and when this name becomes available.

Good luck!
Edited by Wichasha on 2/5/2013 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]