What was your main before?

Just curious for those that call their monk their main, what class did you come from?

Warlock here. He was my main since vanilla. I don't feel like as much of a "game changer" in BGs as a monk, but I find the class so much fun, and that is really all it's about I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Vanilla: Warlock
BC: Ele/Enh Shaman
Wrath: SP
Cata: Arcane Mage

Tend to prefer casters, but really digging melee this expansion. Working on a 2nd monk now for healing. Love me some fistweaving.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
Ret Pally, main since WotLK came out.

Also played an Arcane Mage in Cata but stopped since MoP came out. Didn't feel like learning an actual rotation.
Edited by Leythlan on 2/5/2013 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
This expansion my main was an enhancement shaman. Seeing as they're in a pretty limited spot, and resto didn't interest me at all, I decided to give this guy a try. Loving WW as well as MW. This class gave me motivation to play again... just gotta get her geared!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Vanilla & TBC: Hunter/Druid
WOTLK: Druid
Cata: Shaman

Monk is now my favorite class, cannot wait for the pvp buffs!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cata: holy paladin
Mop: Demo warlock, and my monk will be my healer
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
BC/LK: Hunter
Cata: Druid
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
MC/BWL/AQ/NAX40/Kara: Paladin (Ret in vanilla, Prot in BC)

Kara/TK/SSC/MH/BT: Enhancement Shaman

MH/BT/Sunwell: Rogue

Nax/Uld/ToC/ICC/RS: Rogue (was a DK for first two months before switching back to rogue)

BWD/BoT/TFW/FL/DS: Rogue (was a Feral Drudi for first two months before switching back to rogue)

MoP: Rerolled Monk... been happy here ever since and have no plans of switching.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Played every class at one time or another since vanilla with long breaks but the monk is the best by far for me but then i played a monk in EQ and the equivalent in every MMO since then. Was totally happy they brought them into WoW!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Classic: Warlock
BC: Shadow priest
Wrath: Warlock
Cata: Warlock for first half, feral druid second
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
BC - Wrath: This Paladin
Cata: Druid for t11, Priest for t12, Druid for t13
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
BC: holy priest
WotLK: resto/feral druid
Cata: resto druid
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Didn't start playing until cata, and it was a Disc/Holy priest.
Reply Quote
rouge to a shaman to a monk
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Restoration Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Did fire mage until it got nerfed now I main a monk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was a Mage. Switching to a Monk was the best WoW decision I've made.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ele Shaman
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I can't quite say I'm switching, lock is still my main at the moment. I'm kinda hesitent since I love both range and melee equally and both lock and monk are my favorite of each type of dps. I do like monk a touch more though since she's a panda and I love the pandaren race (still wish I could be a panda lock, but meh, it's fine).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]