A Fond Farewell, and a Plea.

90 Undead Rogue
I apologize in advance, wall of text.

First off, a big congratulations to our old server mates over at<OBSCURE REFERENCE> for clearing all the content this patch and summarily riding off in to the sunset. Regardless of what you think of them, they finished something that a vast majority of the WoW community will never be able to do, so hats off to them. ^_^

However, their departure means that a gaping hole (ahuehue) has been left on our server. Zuluhed is a dead server, with the majority of our auction house picking up and leaving for greener pastures. But it really doesn’t have to be this way. The majority of the “populated” servers have an overwhelmingly uneven faction ratio. The same could be said about Zuluhed, despite the small sample size.

So what I’m asking, and hoping for the sake of the server as a whole, is for Alliance members to seriously consider transferring over to Horde. We currently have the only remaining 25 man guilds on the server, along with a strong PvP guild that is currently experiencing some success as far as structured and rated PvP goes. There are a number of 10 man guilds as well who are progressing at a solid rate as well. If this works, it would help make Zuluhed a more viable and desirable for outsiders.

The faction itself has rarely, if ever, been beaten for a contested Galleon tag. There are more people on during prime hours for pugs, randoms, and just about anything you are looking for. If RP is your thing, I can make a guild for that too. *Ahem* "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" I've server hopped a lot in my wow career, being on places as populated as Kel'Thuzad, Tichondrius, and Mal'ganis to backwater servers like Zuluhed and Fizzcrank. I've seen factions that have relented and transferred over to the more populated side for the sake of the server and it really does work out for the better. We might see a more balanced auction house and more activity, but before that happens you must be willing to make the leap over.

It might sound silly, and laugh at me if you want to. Ridicule me, embarrass me, or even mock me. But please consider coming over to Horde even if the idea is farfetched to you. Please help rejuvenate this server from within so that we might see more success in the future.

TL;DR: Come over to the Horde side. Its better and will help make the server better overall.

Regards, Essy

And I leave you with this quote

"Behind you is the symbol of oppression. The server Zuluhed, where a thousand men have languished under the name of this man, Greg Street, who has been held up to you as the shining example of balance!

We take Zuluhed from those who have abandoned it! The oppressors of patch after patch who have kept you down with myths of opportunity and we give it back to you, the people. Zuluhed is yours. None shall interfere, do as you please. Step forward, those who would serve, for a population will be raised. Raids will be organized. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. This great server... it will endure. Zuluhed will survive."
Edited by Essy on 2/5/2013 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What makes it ok to ask alliance to come here, why cant horde go alliance? Prob best we keep it this way zulu is bad for a reason should stay that way. :D

**ps... who the !@#$ would i be able to gank? :(
Edited by Tiggle on 2/5/2013 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
There is too many feelings in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Pay for our faction changes and Well Job would consider it ;)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This thread is really lacking puns.
It's a Spain to put up with.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
and BlowPony swoops in for the shutdown right before halftime John...
Reply Quote
82 Human Rogue
I don't understand what you think bringing worse PvE'ers over to horde will accomplish. If the guilds can't do 10 man they aren't going to have success trying to do 25.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Cog how do you see if your mohawk covers your eyes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Completely agree with Essy, and think it makes a lot of sense in terms of what's good for the server. That said, it's asking a lot of the people on the other side of the realm so having it actually happen wouldn't necessarily be that easy. Not impossible though.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I don't regret transferring off. You should consider it.
Reply Quote
This thread is really lacking puns.
It's a Spain to put up with.

I Essy what you did there. No wonder Zaph always bothers me for puns. Srsly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd like to transfer to horde but I just don't have the money to be changing factions on on 4-5 toons. I couldn't just transfer my main either, it's all or nothing =3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well either way you want to look at things, both sides seem to be suffering. I know that since OS and GYS jumped we lost a lot of good players on the server, and it seems we are losing more and more every day. I have seen a lot of people just quit playing cause of the downward spiral that zulu seems to be stuck in. LoW and HK had to combine guilds to make sure that we had enough raiders to fill out both 10m teams and after about a month we have had to reduce it to just one. I don't know where the hell people are at with things, if the raiding pop has just up and left and the only thing that is left is pvp, but we can't find any new blood for raiding. Is blizz thinking that the money they are getting from all the xfers or faction changes is greater than the amount of people just quitting the game? There is a definate issue here that needs to be addressed soon, or we are going to lose too many good players before they finally do something about it. I know the idea has been tossed around for some of us to join the band waggon and jump servers as well, but the idea of starting fresh somewhere else isn't that appealing to either my wife or I. Quitting sounds better for us than to pay $200 for us to transfer just our 90's somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Meh, OR didn't really bring anything to the server but arrogance. It's not like they attracted people to transfer and stay here. They pretty much separated themselves and put down everyone. When they did pugs in the past they either belittled everyone or stole loot.

Where did GYS go?

Also, the main problem is LFR. People would raid and do pugs to see a big aspect of the game. Now, all they have to do is log on for a few hours a week and they're guaranteed to see all the raid bosses and have a shot at some gear. So, the people who were casual raiders or on the fence about wanting to raid now just do LFR. It's really killed the activity on smaller servers. Yes, the gear is less than what you would get in a normal or heroic difficulty raid, but it's pretty amazing for the minimal amount of time that's put in for it.
Edited by Kokopelli on 2/13/2013 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
While I agree with you that communication across the server is very important, to simply say that the onus is on the still remaining "raiding guilds" to put together all of the work for folks who are in guilds that clearly are either unable or unwilling to do this work themselves. Personally, we put Sha groups together several times a week and are always willing to have new raiders join our guild, although there are significantly different requirements for being in our main raids and for those players who are new to the game/raiding and who need quite a bit more patience and teaching. To simply ask the already put together guilds to also organize the entire server for the benefit of others is asking a bit much and unrealistic. Most of the leaders/officers of the raiding guilds are already doing quite a bit just to keep their own guilds raid-ready, organized and good to go on a weekly basis.

There definitely has been a drain of talent on this server over the years, however I just don't see petitioning Blizz to make us a PvE server as a good option as that in itself will cause many people to leave the server as Blizz will have to offer free xfers as they did with other servers (I believe FTI came here when this happened to Dentarg, correct?) The other options of petitioning for low-cost / free xfers I really don't know if this is something they would do but if someone has more information regarding it please feel free to inform myself/others. If this is realistic option, and if showing Blizzard that there is a solid community on Zuluhed, unlike many of the other low pop realms, that might be something I would invest some time in helping with if it really was a realistic possibility.

Having more organization and community will always help a server and I don't think it's a bad idea to make the effort, but to put all the onus on the already established raiding/pvp guilds to put all these runs together and to teach everyone, while those people stay in their own guilds happily with their handful of friends they've known for years. I know many of the smaller guilds on the server have been together for a very long time, some of them being old 25m guilds from the BC/Wrath days, but the ratio of "raiding" or "RBG" guilds on this server to the amount of "raiders" and "PvPers" is absurdly high and if people really want to create a successful raiding culture around here then there needs to be consolidation.

Personally, I feel that consolidation onto one side of the server would be the best bet and I think that the Horde side offers quite a bit more at the present time in terms of Raiding/PvP quality players as well as community in general. Some of the Horde guilds have been around in some for or another since BC/Wrath and just have quite a bit more stability. On the alliance side, there really has never been a guild that has sustained itself as a top tier guild for more than an expansion if that (C2W and Renestacia (spelling wrong I know) are two that come to mind along with GYS). This is obviously a biased opinion as I am a horde player and have been one my entire time on Zuluhed, but I think it's also relatively true and all the progress sites/stats/whatever will point in the horde's favor. Now, how likely is this to happen considering it would require significant amount of money is a great question, but unless Blizzard is going to open up Zuluhed to some form of free/low cost xfers I just don't see a better way if people are actually interested in creating a better raiding/pvp atmosphere on the server.

I'm willing to help if there's a reasonable solution, but there has to be effort on both ends for things like PuG raids otherwise it's just a lot of effort on one side to get other people carried and they won't learn or get better and it will put a sour taste in the mouths of the people who helped get them their new shinies :P ... There's absolutely nothing wrong with being new/not great at raiding, especially if you don't have much experience, but it takes time to get better and so those new/inexperienced need to be open to constructive criticism put the effort in to getting better. I was a terrible raider when I started, and there wasn't nearly the amount of information and resources out as there are now to help you get better. I still !@#$ up every now and then since I'm a huntard and always will be, but I own up to my mistakes and actually put effort in to not do it again :P. Raiding should be a fun experience that should be enjoyed by all, not a grueling 3-4 hours of smashing your face into a keyboard. Perhaps a bit more willingness to learn and a bit more patience of both sides will go a long way :P.

Continued below too many characters :-/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
To any guilds struggling with bosses/strats/etc - Feel free to ask the GMs/officers of the higher progressed guilds (I'm bad but I'll do my best), I guarantee if your honestly trying to make your guild better and improve the quality of your raiders/pvper/whatever it is you do, then others will be willing to help you out with ideas/strats/specs/whatever. This is a bit of a rant, but I hope I make just a bit of sense <3

-Potatomari (Kamahri)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Maybe this is just me, as in I'm not paying enough attention, but I'm not seeing any PUG runs of raids right now. No one asking for extras if they are short, etc. I see the sha runs, but that's it.

If I'm online and I see someone needs an extra DPS to run, I'd gladly hop on board. You don't need to be in the same guild to raid. We just need to know each other a little better. I'm sure we can find competent people cross guild to fill in holes without ruining our responsibilities with our home guilds.

My two cents anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Question for the hard-core "raid guilds"--at this point do you really need to maintain a hyper-focus on recruiting for "guild only" raid groups? After all, guilds only need one full "guild only" run achievement credit.

I don't know what you mean by this or if you understand what it takes to be a content-clearing guild. It takes the same people over and over again to farm up gear to defeat harder bosses. If you look at wowprogress, you will see that it's 4.5 months since release and no one currently on the server has cleared all the content for the 'guild only' achievements.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]