A Fond Farewell, and a Plea.

90 Orc Hunter
Perhaps an official thread either requesting free transfers or requesting a server merger that we all sign off on and then request a sticky will at least draw some attention to the issue.

I spoke with an in-game support guy who did mention that they're development team is working on a more serious solution to the issue (perhaps server consolidation?) but the support staff don't really know too much about what's going on until they need to. Unless someone has a better avenue for us to connect / voice our basic opinion, perhaps we should take at least this step of creating a forum thread about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Perhaps an official thread either requesting free transfers or requesting a server merger that we all sign off on and then request a sticky will at least draw some attention to the issue.

I spoke with an in-game support guy who did mention that they're development team is working on a more serious solution to the issue (perhaps server consolidation?) but the support staff don't really know too much about what's going on until they need to. Unless someone has a better avenue for us to connect / voice our basic opinion, perhaps we should take at least this step of creating a forum thread about it.

Merging or consolidation is seen by them as weak or failing this is why we have never seen it before. Blizzard is basically pulling a Microsoft just patching and patching instead of taking time to think and fix the real issues of the game eg adding more crossrealm functions. Blizzard will introduce a AH that is cross server most likely. I still feel in the long run history will show that anything past using battlegroups for battlegrounds was a bad idea and ruined the sense of community that you are suppose to have in a MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Merging or consolidation is seen by them as weak or failing this is why we have never seen it before. Blizzard is basically pulling a Microsoft just patching and patching instead of taking time to think and fix the real issues of the game eg adding more crossrealm functions. Blizzard will introduce a AH that is cross server most likely. I still feel in the long run history will show that anything past using battlegroups for battlegrounds was a bad idea and ruined the sense of community that you are suppose to have in a MMO.

As much as I agree with you, I'm still gonna try to do something about it instead of either sitting idly by or just complaining about it. Worth a shot IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@Kamahri

No doubt and best of luck to those who try. Though I have been on a long leave from WoW sense end of Wotlk and came back only in very short and currently on a two month streak. I went and tried GW2, Rift, SWTOR, and Secret World. All with some good sides and bad Tor being the most Vanilla mmo and Secret World being the most upgrading to the genre. The fact WoW survives in my mind is the lore and sure volume it had at its highest. Also the fact WoW stability and security is better then most out there. The community factor I once really liked in WoW is now mostly seen in Minecraft something I don't even see as a mmo yet some heavy moded servers would disagree and rightfully so yet max is usually 100 to 200 player servers Herocraft being my prefer choice of Minecraft on large scale. I know some MMOs frown on community voted opinion on the direction of the game but I think WoW in general needs at least a census or survey to help pinpoint the direction of the game. What I also miss most is extremely active forums. Though volume forum use must be a fraction of a fraction of what once was. I remember the forums for good and bad being a major part of WoW and most including me would be extremely social on them when ever not playing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think this problem is partially caused by the guilds themselves. I have been on zuluhed for over 3 years and as a result have been in a few different alliance guilds. It seems to me that most guilds develop clicks where they only associate with a few others in the guild. Each guild should try to create an environment where the members feel like they are part of something. We do this in Camelot by creating events and advertising them relentlessly! As a result, we have had very little guild turnover. We have four ten man teams (some alts) that have downed at least 1 raid boss. As far as pvp vs pve server, I agree that zuluhed should be a pve server since that is what the majority of the population does at least on the alliance side.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@Hammerofgods

I came to Zulu because my old server was converted from PvP to PvE there is a aspect of WoW that is great having world PvP though with CRZ I think more will think like you. All I want is a Medium pop PvP server that has only battlegroups for arena and battlegrounds is that to much ask. I have this whole debate lined up to say why it was better and worked but getting older means one thing I don't have the time or energy to tell Blizzard to stop shooting itself in the foot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@Hammerofgods

Also I have a unguilded low lvl Alliance alt that needs a guild and I like the cut of your jib any openings? I actually made him as a twink when Zulu was created and PvP servers could only pick one side I found it ironic Zulu was a choice for free transfer when my old server got converted.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@Hammerofgods

That is one way to look at it as far as guilds with clicks....I however, have been pushing all kinds of activities on people besides raiding and pvp and just like in those, people either say they are interested and never are, or they just don't respond at all. I have guild members who are almost to the point of leaving because they don't feel like they are playing with a guild because no one ever wants to do anything as a guild, but when we try to organize guild events, seems like people "/leave guild chat" when we are promoting and talking about it. Honestly, I think that LFR and dungeon finder were the worst things that could have happend to this game because it took away the element of having to find and work with a team, to sitting in a que by yourself for 20-80 min to run with a bunch of dingleberrys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@iterate

We have over 300 members and growing! Pst any officer in game for an invite.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@ myth

Try running a ICC drinking game or maybe guild darts! We al its always get 20 to 30 people attending. I am open to helping save zuluhed as it us only server I have been on!!
Reply Quote
21 Human Priest
@iterate

We have over 300 members and growing! Pst any officer in game for an invite.

Hazaa!!!! Also I think I need a new name I don't even remember what this means. I need ideas people.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

The problem is the deficit in skilled players, its as simple as that. I just needed to give that example so that you know where they all went.

On a side note, OR avoided this issue by never having to recruit from this server. Their ranking was high enough that people on other servers would desire to join their guild and transfer over.

So there isn't really a fix to the problem, unless somehow all of the unskilled players holding the guilds back decide to simultaneously fix themselves.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

People get better by practicing. It gets amplified with better gear. You get neither if you never raid at all, and right now it seems like no one is raiding at all.

There is a fix to the problem: start organizing our small community and run things together so people get better skilled. It will never happen if we all sit around just !@#$%ing and moaning about it. Unless you truly think your guild is filled with the only guys that know how to push buttons in the right order so there is no reason to go outside of that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@Theothoristu

The problem with raiding in WoW is raid leaders. They all get burnt out and leave or come back and never want to raid lead again eg me. Is running a guild and a raid worth it towards having the fun I can get in return hell freakin no. To those who do raid lead and/or guild leaders more power to you the longer you last and deserve a irl award.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

The problem is the deficit in skilled players, its as simple as that. I just needed to give that example so that you know where they all went.

On a side note, OR avoided this issue by never having to recruit from this server. Their ranking was high enough that people on other servers would desire to join their guild and transfer over.

So there isn't really a fix to the problem, unless somehow all of the unskilled players holding the guilds back decide to simultaneously fix themselves.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

People get better by practicing. It gets amplified with better gear. You get neither if you never raid at all, and right now it seems like no one is raiding at all.

There is a fix to the problem: start organizing our small community and run things together so people get better skilled. It will never happen if we all sit around just !@#$%ing and moaning about it. Unless you truly think your guild is filled with the only guys that know how to push buttons in the right order so there is no reason to go outside of that.

The primary driver of player improvement is not practice, though. It's being motivated to get better. A raid guild that wants to clear content reasonably quickly needs raiders who will do their own research into their class and into fights, who will try to figure out ways to improve their own performance, who will try to take advantage of reasonable criticism and who will try to be a good team player. Most such people are going to already have made it into some kind of raid guild, and though running server pugs and the like is most definitely worthy of encouragement, the chances of finding someone like this by trawling the population of a server like Zuluhed is not high.

So that leaves such a guild with few options: recruit from off server, transfer elsewhere, quit or accept recruits that will hold you back. The first may not be possible, the second is expensive and frustrating (and often doesn't work) and the third is an admission of defeat. So guilds often choose the last and worst option: spend hours and hours wiping on content you used to clear with ease, followed by--when you do get to actual progression--spend hours each week where you know that it doesn't matter how well you play, because what actually leads to the first kill is that lucky pull where your all of your weak links simultaneously manage to not !@#$ up too badly.

Also, as an unrelated note: most people play worse with better gear, because with better gear the margin of error is higher and they can get lazy and sloppy and still not wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I will attempt to do my part to help! There will be a 10 man msv run today at 7;30 server. If we get enough interest we will do 25 man. Whisper snoopey for invite. Time to do more than talk to fix this problem!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Update: We put together a 25 man MSV run and had more than we could take interested. We will continue to do this every Sunday and Monday at 7:30 server. I only had a 30 slot vent and it was full since our 10 man team 3 was running also. Lets keep this going guys!!! There is hope if people just stop talking and start doing!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]