I hate Ele PVP

We don't do any damage if we don't crit.

Crit is a bad stat because it doesn't do anything while we ascendance / lava surge spam.

I hate this game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Good thing we ALWAYS crit with fire shock up on lava burst. Chain lightning does lots of damage whether it crits or not. Your main stats should be haste and mastery.
Reply Quote
The fact Chain lightning does less single target damage than Lightning Bolt makes me completely disregard anything you say. Lava Burst also doesn't always crit, dispel flame shock because it has no dispel protection is a joke.

Even when flame shock isn't dispelled not critting with fulmination or elemental blast or even lightning bolt is just sad, EB/Fulmination hit between 20k-30k while lightning bolt is wet noodles for 10k.
Reply Quote
our damage is sooo good you shouldnt be complaining about that you need to complain about our lack of survivability we literally have nothing. we have no oh s**t button, no silence ( only caster without one), no mobility unless we pick up ghost wolf which then we lose our unleashed lightning which i have no idea why we get a spell haste nerf with that. we just cant survive to do any damage is the problem
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
imo, crit > haste > mastery. with elemental blast/earthshock, crit is too huge of a factor to not reforge to it. haste is nice just for more lava surge proqs
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/05/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Scyllu
Chain lightning does lots of damage

no, it doesn't. not like in cata. which will change in 5.2.

02/05/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Suolis
dispel flame shock because it has no dispel protection is a joke.

this is the only thing wrong with our damage. besides that, our damage is atrocious.

02/06/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Tempz
haste is nice just for more lava surge proqs

this no longer applies in mop. haste does nothing for flame shock.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Edited by Palroth on 2/8/2013 4:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If they dispel flame shock, your teammates as well as yourself can sit them in 7 seconds of cc freely. Assuming your talking about 3s because 2s doesn't mean anything.

Dispelling fire shock is only done if the shaman pops ascendance. Otherwise, at higher mmr it would be dumb to dispel fire shock every time it was put up, it would allow the enemy team to put your teammates in cc without ever having to worry about cc. If your SOOOOO stressed about them dispelling it run with a class with dispel protection. Problem solved. You can't have it all. If we still had 90% haste when fire shock was dispelled and popped ascendance, imagine how that would turn out.

And you sir are wrong. Chain lightning still does great damage. Especially when glyphed and used in an rbg environment.
Also, the reason it's used single target as opposed to lightning bolt is cast time and the travel time it takes to reach its target.

Damage isn't ele's problem. It's mobility and survivability. Give us a teleport totem or speed increase. I would get behind that.
Edited by Scyllu on 2/8/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Can anyone actually remember when Elemental was viable for PVP and more specifically Arena?
By my recollection it was Burning Crusade? I recall it being very viable, since then its all been down hill, can't even bring my self to points cap so many losses compared to all my other toons aha.

WOTLK we were kinda of mediocre lots of problems, Cataclysm we sucked they acknowledged flaws and tried to improve things for MOP unfortunately they beefed up everything else with uber insta burst etc, that now we are in pretty bad shape again ahaha GG..Basically Ele for PVP is not overly worth playing you will have alot of hard times and there are far easier toons to play.
Edited by Blàsphemous on 2/10/2013 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Scyllu
fire shock
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Damage isn't ele's problem. It's mobility and survivability. Give us a teleport totem or speed increase. I would get behind that.

Yes.... teleport totem, fear totem or an "earthblock" (like a mage Iceblock) would be a good step to our survivability. (or make our elementals non-totem based and maybe a permanent pet?)
Making our totems spells that can be targeted and killed is kinda retarded..(cant target any other spell in the game). They should be untargetable like any other spell or give them a health pool that would make enemys choose between targeting the shaman or the totem.... and if the totem can be killed, then they should be able to be healed by the AoE (healing rain or the healing totems themselves)

Anyways, most of what makes an elemental Shaman pretty good is so easily taken away in any PvP fight... Totems have no "Reasonable" life, acendence is easily CC'd , spiritwalkers grace and ghostwolf can be dispelled or spellstealed.... and of coarse that is already on top of all the other stun, interupt, stun, stun interupt crap thats already going on.
I have no bad things to say about our dmg should we be allowed to unload as its pretty awesome.... but would like some chance of survivability.
Edited by Megashock on 2/10/2013 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just wish they would make it so people will actually take us for RBGS (Which i dont understand)

I havent done a single RBG YET where i havent been top dmg and killing blows, Elemental damage in RBGS is absolutely ridiculous and in arenas too if you play the right comp. The spec just has a high skill cap.

But no matter all that, No one will take me for RBGS, Regardless of past xp.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
What about if Blizz gave us a full time Elemental as a pet? that would beef up our damage good!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/05/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Suolis

8 second CD on dispel is itself dispel protection.

Any idiot healer that spam dispels your flameshock is begging for one of their partners to be poly'd, hex'd, etc.

If you don't make them pay for the mistake of dispelling flame shock...well, that's on you.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Needcpr

8 second CD on dispel is itself dispel protection.

Any idiot healer that spam dispels your flameshock is begging for one of their partners to be poly'd, hex'd, etc.

If you don't make them pay for the mistake of dispelling flame shock...well, that's on you.

Hex is a 45 second CD which we use on the healer and don't have a mage or warlock for spam CC.

Any non bad healer will dispel flame shock whenever the shaman is trying to burst.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I just had something which in the heat of the moment I dubbed a "moment of elemental mastery"; killed both a WW Monk (Gwasball @ Mal'Ganis) and a Rogue, simultaneously, in AV. >:D
I suppose the Rogue (Verduct @ Bleeding Hollow) was not as much of a threat, but I used every damn skill (twice, thrice) with Call of the Elements.

I had just killed a Rogue (Assasinätion @ Illidan) whom I repeatedly knocked/chased out of Stonehearth Bunker. When I regained my long-distance awareness, I noticed Hour horde had just spawned and were moving in my direction. I Ghost Wolfed and moved as far as I could. Only the Rogue and Monk chased me, or I'd have been instantly dead.

Anyway, the Rogue didn't stealth. I obviously started with a Flame Shock, choosing to focus the Rogue, as their stuns are the worst. Threw a few Lightning Bolts, Earthbind and zigzagged when the Monk rolled.

As they came in for the first round of CC, I dropped Capacitor, Bulwark and Healing Stream. I got in a Blast, Lava Burst and charged up Earth Shock. I slowed them both and created some distance with Thunderstorm and Ghost Wolf, got some Lava Surges and Hexed the Rogue.

I probably used Ancestral Swiftness, I don't even remember anymore. I got a LOT of Surges and used those with charged up Fulminations. That's how I remember it, anyway!
For fun:
http://pastebin.com/2yQPL4Nq

YEAH I LOVE ELE <3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I think ele will be plenty viable in 5.2, once we have that defensive cd. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they buff our single target damage a little, for pve reasons. People are crying about us being left out, and yes it has happened before, but the devs literally just started making passes on various classes/specs, tweaking numbers for pve balance. If they do this, I think the spec will be in a very good spot when played by a capable individual.

P.S. - Yes, we'll have problems with rogues, like always, but in 5.2 I'm not sure that's going to be an issue unique to shamans (lol @ the absurd rogue buffs)
Edited by Dookles on 2/11/2013 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
After testing on the PTR I see no reason at all that elemental viability will increase even with the damage reduction cool down. Although the problems we have are very slightly lessened (as in we survive a few seconds longer) they still exist. You will still be the focus target, you will still be shut down, and our damage will still be marginalized in competitive play. There is still now way to do good damage while focused and gain any kind of separation to do so.

Our problems will only become exacerbated as the rogue population overflows with FOTM players and we begin to see more and more of them in pvp. Rogues can completely shut you down and even worse they can do huge damage to you from a distance with the BS they call Shuriken Toss. I have no idea why Blizzard has such a hard on for the class...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
ptr is a vast improvement over live.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]