Defencive talent for Windlord.

90 Human Hunter
My raid group is having a tough time surviving Rain of blades from Windlord. Anyone have advise for surviving? I usually do myself, but I was wondering if a specific tier 3 talent would make it easier on healers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I recommend going with AotIH, staying close enough for group healing to work, and Deterrence/Healthstone/Bandage for the scary Rains.

Use the standard two click macro and only stay in Deterrence long enough to take a few hits - in other words go in as late as you can and get out as soon as you can, that will allow a struggling healer the chance to make it through.

Its a DPS loss for sure, but only really necessary for the Rains after the adds are dead, one or two deters at the end to help a healer out might be worth a few GCDs of your damage.

#showtooltip Deterrence
/cast Deterrence
/cancelaura Deterrence
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thanks. Giving it a try. I was using Exhilaration.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/05/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Kereda
Thanks. Giving it a try. I was using Exhilaration.

Definitely roll with Aspect of the Iron Hawk.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
AoTH for sure. Use deterrence during that time as well (might want to glyph for 20% more as well).
Exhilaration is mainly a PVP talent. Should only be using spirit bond or hawk depending on the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Deterrence = DEFLECTDEFLECTDEFLECTDEFLECT

Good times when deterrence works as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Since rain of blades lasts for about 6 or so sec, I usually try and keep deter up as long as possible as long as I'd still be taking damage from the whirl. And yeah, Leorina is right this is a deflect moment not a reduction effect through deter. The macro is what I use for effects like Normal mode Elegon adds explosions. Best mini game of WoW, figure out how deterrence works on each boss!
Edited by Aliensanta on 2/6/2013 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Just an thought, but it's probably not a good idea to macro Deterrence and cancel Deterrence together since it's possible that you might spam your buttons.... and that would kind of defeat the purpose of using deterrence in the first place. :/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Deterrence = DEFLECTDEFLECTDEFLECTDEFLECT

Good times when deterrence works as intended.

Blasphemy! It only works as intended when it's not working!

Wait...what?!?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/06/2013 02:50 AMPosted by Eriaa
Just an thought, but it's probably not a good idea to macro Deterrence and cancel Deterrence together since it's possible that you might spam your buttons.... and that would kind of defeat the purpose of using deterrence in the first place. :/

As long as you only press it once, it's fine. If you're paranoid about spamming, put a couple of stopcast lines in there and train yourself to only hit it once.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I've asked my healers, and they seem to prefer Iron Hawk for almost all situations.

Also, reroll dwarf for Stoneform and the awesomeness of being a dwarf :p
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
02/06/2013 02:50 AMPosted by Eriaa

You can link all your aura cancelling abilities to kill shot or have a separate key bind to cancel them.
I used to have it bound to deterrence so spam clicking would turn it off. In the heat of a fight I have turned it off before.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Iron hawk and deterrence... Get a feel for when you need to use it... In our group it's every second cast... So first cast heal thru and what ever the Priest does... Second one pop your own defenses... Third one heal thru with what ever the priest does to protect.... Fourth pop your own defenses...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
With Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera you can completely block every other Rain of Blades.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]