I thought Thunderforged was non-tier only?

90 Troll Hunter
What's this then: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96939 ?

Maybe you should read your own stickies, Blizz: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055?page=1#1
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/05/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Gulder
What's this then: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96939 ?

A datamined item?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm saying that the fact an item is datamined doesn't mean it will actually exist as a drop.

Trash drops have LFR and Heroic ilevel versions that have been datamined, but don't actually exist in game either.

In both cases I suspect it's the equivalent of someone doing a copy / paste or a select-all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm saying that the fact an item is datamined doesn't mean it will actually exist as a drop.

Trash drops have LFR and Heroic ilevel versions that have been datamined, but don't actually exist in game either.

In both cases I suspect it's the equivalent of someone doing a copy / paste or a select-all.

You could be correct. You could also be wrong.

I'm saying it's more prudent to panic (if you so desire) now rather than later.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Datamined entries are obviously not final.

Grand Magister Rommath obviously did not betray the sin'dorei in DS, even though there were datamined voice-overs for both him and Archbishop Benedictus.

Even the voice-overs the Archbishop had that were datamined were not used.

That's not to say they aren't meaningless. Possibly someone who just didn't get the memo or decided to code them in case Blizzard decided to backpedal on the policy. A precaution, as it were.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are still no plans for tier items to be available with the Thunderforged designation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/05/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
There are still no plans for tier items to be available with the Thunderforged designation.

Thanks for clarifying :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

You could be correct. You could also be wrong.

I'm saying it's more prudent to panic (if you so desire) now rather than later.

Every single tier I believe in recent memory has had data mined trash drops of heroic quality which dont exist in the game. I believe they make them just in case they decide to do so but it doesnt mean they will exist in game ever.
Reply Quote

the heroic HoF wrist do exist there on the BMAH only tho :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
There are tons of items that are put into the game files and never used for anything. If anything, datamined items like this should be looked at as something Blizzard is considering. It doesnt mean they will use it.

but welcome to your first PTR.
Reply Quote

Are there plans to scrap that god awful idea in whole? Cause that'd be super awesome if you are.

Hopefully not. I think it's a great idea, and don't really why people are complaining like Thunderforged gear is somehow exclusive to 25-man raids when it's not.
Edited by Drexan on 2/5/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/05/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Bashiok

Why not? Subjectively speaking, the only thing more fun to see fall than a tier piece is a weapon. It's like the lottery has 1st prize, skips 2nd through 6th prize, and moves on with 7th prize.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
02/05/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Gulder

A datamined item?

If I could quote this thread 4 or 5 months from now, when 5.2 was live, and it meant anything, I would. But you wouldn't care.

Saying 'PTR' and 'datamined' are equivalent to saying 'I'm going to ignore anything out-of-place until it's too late'.

There's a difference between pointing out a mistake, or asking an honest question as to whether there will be a change, and pointing out a mistake and then being snarky & sarcastic about it. The snarky follow up is what's going to get you all the "datamined" flames.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Heroic Rainsong would like to say hi. :x

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56377

They often put in tons of items that never drop from anywhere just 'cause of how they make them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
02/05/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Drexan

Are there plans to scrap that god awful idea in whole? Cause that'd be super awesome if you are.

Hopefully not. I think it's a great idea, and don't really why people are complaining like Thunderforged gear is somehow exclusive to 25-man raids when it's not.

As a person who raids 25 mans, I don't like it. It adds another layer of RNG upon RNG and causes nothing but drama when that super rare item drops that like 10 people need and it's thunderforged.

Maybe if they allow us to Thunderforge items in 5.3 for like 1000 VP, or making "Thunderforged" simply a designation for gear that is already 2/2 upgraded (if they re-implement the VP upgrader), I wouldn't mind it.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
02/05/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Drexan

That's not the main complaint people have with it. As an attempted solution to the issue of dying 25man raid progression, it's not a good fit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

That's not the main complaint people have with it. As an attempted solution to the issue of dying 25man raid progression, it's not a good fit.

True. It may work as a slight deterrent to turning failing 25 man guilds into 10s, but it is not going to urge 10 mans to turn into 25s any time soon.

It's probably also useful to note that 'main complaint' is an entirely subjective thing :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]