Elegon logs, I would love some help please

90 Human Monk
Hello!

I hope I did this right. I have some logs from my guilds Elegon fight. We can 1 shot our way to him with ease, but hit a brick wall when reaching Elegon.
Our raid group has changed a bit in the past few weeks and it seems he is just getting harder
At least I don't think he should be giving us this much trouble.

I have a feeling my Co-tank might be able to improve on some things and I'm open for tips as well.

I'm usually the raid lead, so if theres anything else in there, healers/dps, I can pass info on for our next raid night.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vti7k88y1qbxr3vd/

Thanks in advanced tanks~
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Your warrior (Along with everyone but the warlock, hunter, and yourself) are doing abysmal DPS.

The only excuse the the warrior has is if you're having you tank the boss and him on adds exclusively. At a first glance he has (at best) half of the shield slams he could have had. I'll look at it more in a bit if nobody else does
Edited by Ðemolition on 2/5/2013 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Giving it a quick pass...

- Your Warrior, both mages, your shadow priest, and your paladin all need to go spend a good week learning how to freaking play. Unless they're in 450-463 blues, they have no excuse to be doing damage like that... and even then, they should still do better.
- Total Annihilation seems like it's going off inside the circle fairly often. Make sure he's exploding outside the ring.
- You have a lot of deaths to Radiating Energies. Are you trying to drop debuff stacks during the final phase? As a general rule, this is a bad idea in 10m normal mode - you're better off popping heroism and burning down. If your DPS is bad, this can be difficult, and if your healers are weak, this can be even harder.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/05/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Ðemolition
The only excuse the the warrior has is if you're having you tank the boss and him on adds exclusively. At a first glance he has (at best) half of the shield slams he could have had. I'll look at it more in a bit if nobody else does

We switch for the adds in p1. I usually start the pull and he takes after the first breath and i'll grab the first add. We switch from there on out.

p2 with the little guys, I'm usually the one to herd them up for AE. I have him path by my statue for the AE taunt before he takes the boss. Then we rotate through the adds again.

02/05/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Krinu
- You have a lot of deaths to Radiating Energies. Are you trying to drop debuff stacks during the final phase? As a general rule, this is a bad idea in 10m normal mode - you're better off popping heroism and burning down. If your DPS is bad, this can be difficult, and if your healers are weak, this can be even harder.

Yes I try to get the debuff off. The lack on DPS seems to be our biggest problem. Most of the DPS are just as geared or better than I am (scary right).

However our second tank is probably the least geared and seems to take way to much dmg. So I alternate with him to keep his stacks low.

I guess its our dps that are holding us back. I found it odd that I'm constantly on the top 3 in dmg done and dps.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Verjeh
I guess its our dps that are holding us back. I found it odd that I'm constantly on the top 3 in dmg done and dps.

Yeah, if you aren't on windlord/will or heroic empress that isn't a good sign.
Reply Quote
We switch for the adds in p1. I usually start the pull and he takes after the first breath and i'll grab the first add. We switch from there on out.

This makes things a little complicated, but it's a good way to keep tank damage down. When your OT gets more gear, I find it's easier to have one tank on the boss until the add is gone, then swap. If both of you are okay playing musical tanks, then it works fine.

02/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Verjeh
p2 with the little guys, I'm usually the one to herd them up for AE. I have him path by my statue for the AE taunt before he takes the boss. Then we rotate through the adds again.

Yeah, I have our warrior take small adds with Mocking Banner. Between that and his better snap AoE threat, it makes things easier.

Yes I try to get the debuff off. The lack on DPS seems to be our biggest problem. Most of the DPS are just as geared or better than I am (scary right).

That is... horrifying. Right there, that's your biggest problem. At 490ish itemlevel, you shouldn't have a single DPS under 100k on this fight. Weak DPS means your healers get stressed, healer stress makes dropping stacks look like a win (hint: it usually isn't), dropping stacks reduces DPS even more... it's a downward spiral.

Get your DPS, pull them together for a chat, tell them that they need to roughly double their damage output (I would suggest pulling their heads out of their collective asses), and until they do that clearing this fight will probably be impossible.

However our second tank is probably the least geared and seems to take way to much dmg. So I alternate with him to keep his stacks low.

This works fine, it's just a pain to do. If you're both okay with it, go for it. You can probably stop when your OT's gear gets better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
I can see that you have killed Elegon - congratulations.

But as Krinu has pointed out better performance will be needed, particularly once you begin Heart of Fear. Garalon in particular has a tight enrage timer (during progression).
Reply Quote
This was my first week swapping from Blood to Frost in MSV and even I did 130k on Elegon with an ilvl of 485.

Your dps still need to shape the !@#$ up. The link to your kill this week(http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r4a0pna8pi8z67g9/sum/damageDone/?s=6985&e=7531) still shows 1 mage at 85k and 1 at a whopping 74k.

The 74k mage is Frost spec. Why is this?

The 84k mage is arcane and has a 489 ilvl. This character is easily capable of 120k dps on this fight, if not closer to 150k.

Your Ret has had Starshatter for 9 days, yet has not upgraded it. 483 ilvl with a 489 weapon should be doing ~120k dps as well, not 91k.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Aye Elegon is dead, thanks for the comments.

The DPS need a lot of work, Just not sure how to help them (most need their hands held) and The DPS in this raid are the few classes I don't touch pallies and mages.

Perhaps I should be asking for advice in the DPS forms.

I was more worried about the warrior tank in the logs. I haven't had a change to get my Warrior to 90 and really don't have a full understanding on how they play yet.

We actually killed Elegon with me solo tanking him and having the war take all the adds. with a quick debuff drop in between them. Was a bit scary at times but we managed to get it.

Next week, more beer!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]