A plea, that solves teh "NO TANKS", "Crisis"?

I tank,i am a warlock and i tank, now i know what your thinking oh,just another troll that wants to tank,no. I think i have true potential,i tank heroics with my guild a bit and i do just fine,in fact iv gotten"your the best tank iv had in this place" ect....
i propose a new spec for the warlock and ,of course, new gear,i hope you do not brush this off at the sound of "new gear" but hope you give it true consideration,i know what the wartank is supposed to be used for,back up,but it can be MUCH more.

please keep the unstructered arguments to yourself,IF you do not agree thats fine,post about it, BUT make it strucured and logical please.
PLEASE keep in mind when posting its irelevant to post the obvious,i have seen TONS of posts about this topic so you posting the obvious will not do anything
i simply want this change and am trying to do my part.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=%22warlock+tank%22&f=post&forum=1033926

Also, it won't solve queue times. Anyone got that twitter from GC on hand?
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Death Knight
Do you really think just adding another tank class to the game will change the lack of tanks?
Sure some people would love to be a demonic mage kind of tank instead of your basic heavy armor guy, a bear or a drunken monk but I seriously doubt it will change the ratio of dps to tanks enough to make a noticeable difference. I also don't believe it will change any of the issues that cause current tanks not to queue or people to not even roll a tank in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
/drink
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
that's a brand new idea!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Why do YOU randomly capitalize WORDS?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Oh here it is:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/278572247696936962

"Agree that more tanks = better. Not sure (based on DK, monk) that more tank classes gives you more tanks."
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
No. A tanks role is much more complex than what a pet can do.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
While it'd be neat if warlocks were granted a 4th tanking spec unfortunately ...

It won't happen this expansion. It's simply too messy to try and balance a brand new tank mid expansion right after they added in another new tank. Maybe in Rise of the Murlocs.

People in general don't queue for a tank spot because they can't tank on a warlock. They don't do it because they don't like tanking. Adding more tank specs won't fix that. See Death Knights, Monks and a recentish GC twit.

There aren't that many warlocks right now anyway. Even if making warlock tanks would bring in more tanks hunters would bring far more people than warlocks.
Edited by Kahzregi on 2/7/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Might happen next expansion.

But either way more tanking classes doesn't make the queue times better
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Might happen next expansion.

But either way more tanking classes doesn't make the queue times better

Based on all the kitty druids, frost dks, arms warriors, etc, that I run into, they have not need to make another tank class.

I, personally, would love to see the pure dps class go the way of the dodo, but that is just me. Would love to see warlock healers, hunter tanks, rogue...well, rogues should just be deleted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Its funny because a good 80% of the warlocks begging to be tanks will be the ones to try and give up because they can't handle tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Most people don't want to tank because its frustrating to deal with dps that pulls mobs as they see fit, and healers that complain when a "new to tanking" tank is trying an instance. Sure, once you get the hang of it it can go smoothly but the first times are the times that really can affect a person, especially when they are being harassed for being new. In other words, just have fun playing the game and if someone makes an error don't shove it down their throats.

As for Warlocks tanking, I say go for it, sure, it may not fix the long wait for instances but there would be a few more tanks available to help.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/07/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Its funny because a good 80% of the warlocks begging to be tanks will be the ones to try and give up because they can't handle tanking.

I'm just going to shamelessly pl-

Oh wait, wrong thread, sorry.

Anywho, I agree with this. I've run into maybe two warlocks ever who were able to tank with their class. The rest (and there have been many) were either terrible tanks who ended up wiping the group, or didn't know they had the DA buff on and ended up getting smooshed when the healer decided they weren't worth the mana to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Ptea
Why do YOU randomly capitalize WORDS?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I haven't noticed a lack of tanks issue, but I have noticed a big shortage in healers. I think maybe they need to give warlocks and mages a healing spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Missbessie
I haven't noticed a lack of tanks issue, but I have noticed a big shortage in healers. I think maybe they need to give warlocks and mages a healing spec.

That wouldn't solve that issue either. It's the same deal: if people wanted to heal, they would. Adding more healing specs won't change the number of players who heal (at least not in the long term).
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Missbessie

I have to comment on this. Or ask a question, but how do you think that would work? i mean warlocks for example,master of demon and black magic,how would we be able to heal with that? summoning imbs to channel shadow health into them? im not sure but it seems like a fun IDEA - BUT not one that i would like to implement -
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Keten

That wouldn't solve that issue either. It's the same deal: if people wanted to heal, they would. Adding more healing specs won't change the number of players who heal (at least not in the long term).

i DO see what you are saying and i have heard this argument alot,but maybe the people that dont tank now just dont like the style? i mean right now warlock tanking is basicaly a sh** ton of AoE's and damage reductions. It is a fun style in my eyes, althought it might not increase the numbers of tanks dramaticy it WILL increase the number of tanks by a few thousand

it is like the brewmaster,although yes the majority of tanks are not these but it did increase the number of tanks. and i have noticed shorter ques since cata since brewmaster. Is it due to brewmasters or something else? IMO it is due to the new tank class,yes some of it has come from a few blizzard tweaks,but we dont have to wait 40 min for a dg anymore and that IS drastic, and such a change in que times had to simply come from a increase in tanks and so IMO i think warlocks can do the same thing brewmasters did
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, that's where the "long term" part comes in. Yes, when MoP came out queue times dropped dramatically (although I doubt Brewmasters had anything to do with that), but look at now. Queues are significantly longer than they were at the end of Cataclysm, sometimes over twice as long. Did the addition of Brewmasters and Mistweavers shorten queue times? It doesn't appear that they had any long-term effect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]