A plea, that solves teh "NO TANKS", "Crisis"?

90 Orc Death Knight
02/07/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Aiedden
but we dont have to wait 40 min for a dg anymore and that IS drastic, and such a change in que times had to simply come from a increase in tanks

No it was not the cause, because we had long dps queues at the start of the expansion. They shortened up because of overgearing and people learning mechanics leading to fewer wipes and faster queues.
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
I never use the whole "doesn't make sence with lore" argument, given that non-magical warriors somehow turn into giant chocolates, throw bolts of lightning, absorb damage, and jump 100 feet.

So I do think locks should tank. Next expac.
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Warrior
I like tanks being a minority in the "role" category. Makes me feel special :3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
There would probably me more tanks if people offered suggestions and tried to help out, rather than hurl insults and try to kick them from group. Yeah, it's not as fast. Yeah, you might have more repair bills. But they have to start somewhere...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I never use the whole "doesn't make sence with lore" argument, given that non-magical warriors somehow turn into giant chocolates, throw bolts of lightning, absorb damage, and jump 100 feet.

So I do think locks should tank. Next expac.

Pfft, that's because we're so awesome we can do that without magic.

C'mon, I thought you knew better Failz :P

Honestly though, more tank classes won't solve the tank shortage. Been done to death, still 100% true. We have five tank classes compared to the three I remember seeing when I started playing in Burning Crusade, and the demand for tanks hasn't risen any more than it did when LFD was first enabled. And even then, four tank classes did the job just fine. It's the perceived notion that tanking is hard and unforgiving (neither of which are honestly true), and that you're not in a role where you can just sort of sit around and coast along while doing your job (only partially true) that creates an artificially small amount of tanks. That's even before we get into how many raid spots are available for tanks these days (hint: not many).

Right now, we have five classes capable of tanking, and nothing has changed. This should be a very easily understood sign that the playerbase obviously doesn't want to tank on the whole, outside of a minority of people (as compared to healers or DPSers).

Making warlocks the sixth tank class, in addition to creating a host of balancing issues for the spec (prepare to get nerfed, because you will. Can't have your cake and eat it too), will not solve the fundamentally underlying issue; that it fixes nothing.

But then again, we've all talked circles down this road already and no one seems to be listening anymore, so; go ahead, keep clamoring for Blizzard to make warlocks the next tank in whatever the hell the next expansion is: I don't see you guys getting to be one without them fundamentally altering your class down to the foundation.
Edited by Lowmaine on 2/7/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
At this point I'm mostly against 'lock tanking just because of these threads.
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Druimeister
At this point I'm mostly against 'lock tanking just because of these threads.

Let them tank. I assure you within a week they be tired of the "Gogogogogoggo" and "pull the whole room".

DPS pulling ahead of them, the berates you get for failing to hold taunt cause warlocks and hunters for some reason don't understand pet aggro.

P.S you warlocks are getting as bad as hunters now.
Edited by Valeric on 2/7/2013 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/07/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Aiedden
I have to comment on this. Or ask a question, but how do you think that would work? i mean warlocks for example,master of demon and black magic,how would we be able to heal with that? summoning imbs to channel shadow health into them? im not sure but it seems like a fun IDEA - BUT not one that i would like to implement -

Using dark magics to summon fel demons, then siphon the life and power of those very demons to empower others. Bam!

02/07/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Aiedden
IMO it is due to the new tank class,yes some of it has come from a few blizzard tweaks,but we dont have to wait 40 min for a dg anymore and that IS drastic

You're wrong. Flat out. Queue times dropped like a rock when the three CoT instances were released. It was early Cata dungeon design ("difficult" five mans) that caused the problem in the first place.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Also:

"NO TANKS", "Crisis"

What the !@#$ man? Just... what the %^-*? Why would you capitalize no tanks? Why would you separate no tanks and crisis with a comma? Why would either of them be in quotation marks unless you want to refer to the idea with derision?
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
Also:

"NO TANKS", "Crisis"

What the !@#$ man? Just... what the %^-*? Why would you capitalize no tanks? Why would you separate no tanks and crisis with a comma? Why would either of them be in quotation marks unless you want to refer to the idea with derision?

You must be an English teacher who just got done bleeding (red pen) all over your students paper you assigned them last week.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Forester actually.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As a long time tank, I believe the lack of tanks out there come from the idea that tanking is more difficult and/or there is more responsibility to take on. Don't think that will ever change. Although i do remember there being more tanks during the Wrath era. That may be because of the easiness of the dungeons and raid encounters. Tanking was just a matter of mostly standing in one place and taunting every once in a while. Active mitigation and more complex raid encounters may have scared off many would be tanks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
i DO see what you are saying and i have heard this argument alot,but maybe the people that dont tank now just dont like the style? i mean right now warlock tanking is basicaly a sh** ton of AoE's and damage reductions. It is a fun style in my eyes, althought it might not increase the numbers of tanks dramaticy it WILL increase the number of tanks by a few thousand

Oh here it is:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/278572247696936962

"Agree that more tanks = better. Not sure (based on DK, monk) that more tank classes gives you more tanks."

Also, for what it's worth, I've tried the current DA tank thing out in soloing and I really hate it.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
At this point, DA should be removed from this game or Blizzard should commit to making Warlock tanks and firmly state that they will in the future.

As has been pointed out, the tank shortage is not due to the lack of classes. Monk tanks for example have done nothing to solve the tank shortage. It's that players don't want the responsibility of tanking.

I suspect that this OP is merely trolling us.
Edited by Attackknight on 2/8/2013 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't give a damned. There might be issues concerning you'd be the only tank in this game that is 100% caster based.

But I don't care. Honestly, I don't get why others do.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
02/07/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Its funny because a good 80% of the warlocks begging to be tanks will be the ones to try and give up because they can't handle tanking.

This - People want what they can't have

Posted by Missbessie
I haven't noticed a lack of tanks issue, but I have noticed a big shortage in healers. I think maybe they need to give warlocks and mages a healing spec.

I have to comment on this. Or ask a question, but how do you think that would work? i mean warlocks for example,master of demon and black magic,how would we be able to heal with that? summoning imbs to channel shadow health into them? im not sure but it seems like a fun IDEA - BUT not one that i would like to implement -

To go off this. Many dark magic or necrotic rolls in other RPG's have healing capabilities. Usually at the cost of their own health pools.
But hey, thats why you have Drain Life.
Also, don't you have health funnel? That used to be a mandatory spell back in the day.

Should warlocks be tanks? NO
Should monks be able to transmog cloth armor? Yes
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The last thing we need right now is more tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Leveling my warlock and priest and mage and rogue was horrible. If any of them had had the tools with which to tank, it would have been a more pleasant experience for me (shorter queue times!) and others in the LFD (experienced tank, shorter queue times). And they might still be doing it in the endgame.

I will also take this opportunity to complain on the simplicity of tanks--in my speculation, in an attempt to increase tank numbers and shorten queue times--since MoP released. I love AM, and I love my monk, because it makes me work. I get on my Druid, Warrior, DK, and am bored. Tanking an instance is pressing the same buttons repeatedly--build build build resource SPEND resource build build build SPEND--and I cannot tolerate it at high levels anymore. DPS is more fun and challenging. Even healing is becoming more attractive.

Paladin is almost as boring as those three, but I list it separately because I have several Ho-po generators to juggle, and AS resets its cooldown sometimes. And ShotR has such a short duration, compounded with its ability to operate from Divine Purpose, it takes attention to maximize benefit from it. AND interaction with Bastion of Glory is even more fun.

While paladin does not compare to monks, it is considerably more engaging and rewarding than its DPS spec (which I have had the unfortunate experience to use often, thanks to dailies and queuing as DPS during dailies to avoid getting interrupted every .5-5 minutes, if I had queued as tank/healer).

In short, more tanks please, less tank simplification, please. I do not expect Warlock tanks (not this expansion, not ever), but I welcome another 1-6 classes with which to tank and excel.

[e] (I did not mention Hunter or Shaman because I leveled those years ago and have no plans to return to them.)
Edited by Guidance on 2/10/2013 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Warlocks used to tank all the time in BC, w/o transforming into batman at that. I wish they would make encounters that required ranged tanks again (doesn't have to be warlock) if nothing else but for some variety.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/10/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Guidance
I will also take this opportunity to complain on the simplicity of tanks--in my speculation, in an attempt to increase tank numbers and shorten queue times--since MoP released. I love AM, and I love my monk, because it makes me work. I get on my Druid, Warrior, DK, and am bored. Tanking an instance is pressing the same buttons repeatedly--build build build resource SPEND resource build build build SPEND--and I cannot tolerate it at high levels anymore. DPS is more fun and challenging. Even healing is becoming more attractive.

I would imagine the most boring part of DK leveling as Blood is not getting rune return till 75.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]