Dead Servers

90 Draenei Death Knight
Why will Blizzard not merge dead servers. I have been on a dead server for a couple of years myself but it has now gotten to the point where there is never anyone on to do anything with. It has always been difficult but in the past if you waited long eneough during peak times you might be able to find two people to pvp with. Now you can't even find one. I do not want to pay to move my characters to another realm just so I can do group activities. I thought that was what I was paying for with my monthly sub. I logged on during the middle of the day hoping to find someone to cap 2s arena with and there were litterally 7 level 90 alliance players in seven stars and sw combined. So i flew to twin moons hoping for some world pvp stealthed up went in and not a single horde anywhere. I am burned out of random heroics and raids which I find boreing (who honestly doesn't). Blizz give me what I am paying for and merge servers or offer free transfers please. If not why?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I see now there have been many post like this so I am probably wasting my time. /sigh /cry
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't get it, I really don't.

If you want to enjoy the game, transfer 1 character at a time each time you get a paycheck. Seriously, 25 dollars each. You don't have to transfer them all at one time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
They wont merge servers for several reasons. The top two reasons are:

#1. They make A TON OF MONEY from people buying transfers. Why would they do it for free when so many are willing to pay them? For every one person that quits, there are hundreds more, or even thousands more, paying to transfer several characters. Your subscription fee DOES NOT MATTER.

#2. The playerbase is stupid. People will freak the hell out about how this game is dying. There will be weeks of nothing but "omg the game is dying" posts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
$25 is a lot of money. $25x3 is even more. But besides the money which I don't have right now anyway it is the point of it. What would it hurt Blizz to allow free transfers off of low pop realms or even offer one free transfer a year. I just want to have fun and I feel like my monthly sub should be eneough to cover that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/07/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Rezurrect
I am paying for and merge servers or offer free transfers please.

Ohhh your sub pays for free transfers?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
I understand Blizzard/Activation wants the fee, but there is no reason they can't offer one transfer if even once a year.

Jeez, even once every two years.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Common sense tells me you are right about the main reason they don't do it is because of the money they make by letting servers die and forcing people to pay for transfers. I just didn't want to say it:( Your right about your #2 answer also but I don't think that would matter much bc those people are still addicted and wouldn't quit even if they did think the game was dying. I guess I am just hoping beyond reason that someone at Blizz says hey lets give some of our longtime customers a break who have been stuck on the same realm for years and allow them to play with other people for once.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
A lot of it has to do with names. People have quit because they lost their name to someone transferring over. Swtor handled it that way with and said tough luck. It's a technical problem, not so much a greed one.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Rezurrect
$25 is a lot of money. $25x3 is even more. But besides the money which I don't have right now anyway it is the point of it. What would it hurt Blizz to allow free transfers off of low pop realms or even offer one free transfer a year. I just want to have fun and I feel like my monthly sub should be eneough to cover that.

75$ is a lot of money over the course of 3 paychecks? 25$ is a lot of money? You're either too young to have a job or have a horrible job.

Transfer one character, or simply make a DK on a new realm and get over it.
Edited by Brokenstar on 2/7/2013 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Eh. I'm over it. I took my Belf priest on Azuremyst and made her a Nelf priest on Stormrage. It cost me some money, yes, but it was worth it. I've had more fun playing this game in the past few days than I've had in the first months I played it.

There are solutions, and just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they don't exist. I got over my pride and rolled a new toon on a few servers, found one I liked, and transfered my main there. My alts will be going when I have the money.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not paying to transfer toons.

In my opinion that would be like paying a waiter to bring me a knife and fork. I wouldn't pay for that, I'd be insulted for being asked to pay for something I need to enjoy my meal and go to one of the many other restaurants in the city.

I have the money (only reason I'm still subbed even though I go days without logging in) but it's the principle of the thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/07/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Brokenstar
75$ is a lot of money over the course of 3 paychecks? 25$ is a lot of money? You're either too young to have a job or have a horrible job.

no, they just dont know how much entertainment really costs.
Reply Quote

#2. The playerbase is stupid. People will freak the hell out about how this game is dying. There will be weeks of nothing but "omg the game is dying" posts.

Although technically speaking the population on many med and even more so on the low pop servers have experienced a decline. Peronsally, I transferred off Anvilmar at the end of cata due to a very small amount of raiding progression and lack of a community. I logged on the other day to see how it was and I can say that I have never in the seven years of playing this game seen that server so empty. Trade chat was silent and I saw maybe five people standing around trade district. Mind you the above mentioned server isn't regarded as low pop and I felt after having spent my time on high pop servers that the difference was insane between high pop to med...like hell I want to see a low pop server.

I feel for the OP. I wanted off a med pop server because the community seemed absolutely non existent.

I don't know, in my opinion, I think this game has seen better days as far as population size and community goes.

I aslo don't feel that paid xfers are the only answer and sadly some people don't have the extra cash laying around to throw at blizz in hopes of getting on a better server. At this point mega servers or completely CRZing the game might be the best bet. As it stands the majority of the game pop seems to have drifted over to the high and full pop servers over the years.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Or have a family that I put first and budget what time and money I do have for my silly hobbie. Money is money some have a lot some not so much. The point is you pay to play a game and if you can't play it the way it is meant to be played than something is wrong. I could nerd rage and QQ im going to quit but I will prob end up paying to transfer one of my toons and just be pissed about it. And if I do decide to quit that will make it easier.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I can "lift" alone and if I couldn't I wouldn't join a gym. I can not do arena and world pvp alone.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Dead Horse

He's drug into the discussion
The thoroughbred of sin
He got the application
You just sent in

It needs evaluation
So let the games begin
A vanilla server, a looting thread
A discussion would be nice, of course

Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Dead Horse
He's Dead

The Evil League of Evil
Is watching, so beware
The grade that you receive
Will be your last, we swear

So make the Dead Horse gleeful
Or he'll make you his mare . . .

Get saddled up
There's no recourse
It's Hi-Ho Silver
Signed Dead Horse
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't get it, I really don't.

If you want to enjoy the game, transfer 1 character at a time each time you get a paycheck. Seriously, 25 dollars each. You don't have to transfer them all at one time.
So customers have to pay to fix Blizzards mistakes?

Blizzard sells WoW as an MMO, shouldn't there be a massive amount of people then?
Edited by Nayaga on 2/7/2013 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]