Dead Servers

86 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't get it, I really don't.

If you want to enjoy the game, transfer 1 character at a time each time you get a paycheck. Seriously, 25 dollars each. You don't have to transfer them all at one time.
So customers have to pay to fix Blizzards mistakes?

Blizzard sells WoW as an MMO, shouldn't there be a massive amount of people then?

There are. Just because your realm is 'inactive' doesn't mean others are as well. If lack of people is your main concern, roll a dk on a new realm, level professions, and continue on.
Edited by Brokenstar on 2/7/2013 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Reroll or buy a transfer
Reply Quote
ugh at the reroll or transfer. That doesn't solve the dead server issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Dóchas
Nope, it just makes low pop servers more dead.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/07/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Dóchas

Does for the person that re-rolls or transfers as it gets them off a server they are not happy with (for whatever reason) without causing issues for others.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
They offered free transfers off of high pop servers at the beginning of MoP. Equally distributing the playerbase across all the servers is the much better alternative to having a few hundred thousand people on five and then a thousand across all the others, and that's what they're striving toward.
Reply Quote
81 Human Priest
02/08/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Darstine
They offered free transfers off of high pop servers at the beginning of MoP. Equally distributing the playerbase across all the servers is the much better alternative to having a few hundred thousand people on five and then a thousand across all the others, and that's what they're striving toward.

Too bad no one in their right mind is going to leave an overpopulated realm to go to a dead one. That idea falls apart when you realize that barely anyone wants to do it. Waiting a short time in a que is infinitely better than being a realm that is completely dead.

According to a new GS article Activision Blizzard's profits are at an all time 1.1 billion high. WoW subscribers fall from 10 million in Sept to 9.6 in Feb. Basic logic says it will probably drop more over the next six months which will lead to dead realms being even more dead. Bottom line is Blizz is literally making a billion dollars. They're not going to seriously address this problem anytime soon.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
You can also do what I did. Leave your account frozen until Blizzard realizes that they need us more than we need a game.

I have two accounts and 15 high level characters on a dead realm, because of this my accounts have been frozen for over a year and I'm not planning on coming back until Blizzard starts closing down realms or at least give us an option that doesn't require us paying for their mistakes.

I'm just not sure if I will still be willing to come back once they finally get off their asses and do something.
Edited by Treusterus on 2/8/2013 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Somaliu
Does for the person that re-rolls or transfers as it gets them off a server they are not happy with (for whatever reason) without causing issues for others.

You're joking right? doesn't cause issues for others? If everyone on that realm had that mindset.. what would happen to that realm? uh... dead.
If one person left, it does cause issues for others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Rerolling might be your best decision here. Low pop realms is a big problem, and I can see that Blizzard is trying to address it and find the best solution. They came up with CRZ, aside from from all the hate this feature has gotten by farmers mainly, it has been trying to fix just that. Another one is free transfers from crowded realms to low pop realms. You may want to transfer out of your realm but there are many others that don't mind it. By offering free transfers from low to crowded that's gonna create DEAD realms. Completely dead. It's not the best idea.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Mastoura
Rerolling might be your best decision here. Low pop realms is a big problem, and I can see that Blizzard is trying to address it and find the best solution. They came up with CRZ, aside from from all the hate this feature has gotten by farmers mainly, it has been trying to fix just that. Another one is free transfers from crowded realms to low pop realms. You may want to transfer out of your realm but there are many others that don't mind it. By offering free transfers from low to crowded that's gonna create DEAD realms. Completely dead. It's not the best idea.

Crz didn't fix low pop servers at all.. not one bit. It wasn't meant to fix the low pop server issues other than "seeing" someone out in a zone.

So, instead of telling that person to transfer from a dead realm, you tell them to re-roll to a different realm. Now, tell me, how are you not creating a dead realm by re-rolling another toon on another server??? It's the same thing! The only difference is that you pay 25$ per toon to move an existing toon to another place, and re-rolling means you start from scratch on a different realm without paying. You still creating a missing body (ies) on the old realm.

Realms need to be merged. THey've offered a few times transfers from high pop servers to low pop servers, and no one took advantage of it. It's time to bite the bullet and just merge them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They wont merge dead realms for the same reason why heirlooms are bind on realm, they want the moneyz from transfers.

<($_$<) <(^-^)> (>$_$)>

and here are some random kirbies
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The point is you pay to play a game and if you can't play it the way it is meant to be played than something is wrong. I could nerd rage and QQ im going to quit but I will prob end up paying to transfer one of my toons and just be pissed about it. And if I do decide to quit that will make it easier.

This is valid.

02/07/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Jondus
How does it work if i have a gym membership? What if theres nobody to lift with?

This makes no sense. I award you no points.

02/07/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Bubblefett
I hated my last realm, so I rolled a DK on the new realm, made him a Miner / Herbalist for the money to be made from gathering, along with the extra XP from gathering to speed up the leveling process. Once he was at 80, I then rolled my rogue, and kept moving.

Good advice. You may feel upset about "leaving it all behind". It would be hard myself to leave 10 85+ behind and tons of gold and stuff... but..... if you want to enjoy the game without a transfer fee and get to play with more people this could be a valid option.

Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Dead Horse
Dead Horse

Talked about a lot and "dead horse" are different. If anything this issue is becoming more of a problem as these servers continue to dwindle. Eventually there wil not be only a hundred or so active players on these servers. They will be ghost towns with like 2 active players.

IMHO, as I don't see the numbers and can't make an actual claim, it might be a good idea for Blizz to offer a transfer program on low pop servers where they pay $25 and can transfer all their characters on that server to another server. If names are taken.... make a new name.
Edited by Exlucis on 2/8/2013 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm really surprised of people's intolerance of the demand for dead realm mergers/transfers. No one chooses a realm knowing it is going to "die'. To those that think $25 is nothing, I'm happy for your own personal fiscal success, but perhaps you should stop being so close-minded and realize that not everyone can throw around that kind of money around to transfer each character, especially when the matter is not preference of server specifics but simply being able to play the game effectively.The whole "name" excuse is a poor one at best. Allow free transfers than, let people stay if they love their name enough to stay on a dying server. Don't cripple an entire realm population's gameplay for something so trivial.

Pretty much this. When I first started playing the game I didnt know any better and picked the 'recommended' realm by blizz. How was I to know that it would die? And yeah I would rather play with other people on an active server than keep my name among the other 10-20 people in Org.

edit: and yes i ended up rerolling on a different server
Edited by Antiel on 2/8/2013 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/08/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Darstine

I transferred to Stormrage just before MoP launched when I resubbed. I've never met anyone between then and now who didn't also transfer from some dead server at some point. The queue boss shows up every now and then but people still transfer by the guildload on a daily basis because the next two decent servers for Alliance raiding are both PvP servers, and the next best server after those is Proudmoore which has no decent 25M guilds. After that progression falls off a cliff.

So if you want to raid as Alliance you have exactly four viable options, one of which is far and away better than the others if you don't like world pvp. So of course people openly scoff at the idea of taking a free transfer. A queue and having to compete for some daily chores once in a while is nothing compared to the lack of progression or community that low-pop servers suffer from. Especially since CRZ was put in, which did nothing to address the real problems that low-pop servers suffer from but did manage to remove the majority of their redeeming features.
Edited by Kessiaan on 2/8/2013 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/08/2013 06:55 AMPosted by Lingsu
also...CRZ...if u leave SW youll see plenty of people. On my dead server, crz helps with that feeling of "omg...im so alone"
CRZ isn't intended to fix dead servers, though. It doesn't help guild recruitment and it doesn't help the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Searc

Crz didn't fix low pop servers at all.. not one bit. It wasn't meant to fix the low pop server issues other than "seeing" someone out in a zone.

So, instead of telling that person to transfer from a dead realm, you tell them to re-roll to a different realm. Now, tell me, how are you not creating a dead realm by re-rolling another toon on another server??? It's the same thing! The only difference is that you pay 25$ per toon to move an existing toon to another place, and re-rolling means you start from scratch on a different realm without paying. You still creating a missing body (ies) on the old realm.

Realms need to be merged. THey've offered a few times transfers from high pop servers to low pop servers, and no one took advantage of it. It's time to bite the bullet and just merge them.

By leaving his main character there he has a reason to go back to the realm. CRZ's main purpose was to make low pop servers not feel dead and having to interact with others. It succeeded. What they could have done better with the feature is not for me to argue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]