Dead Servers

I do agree that paid transfers are there to discourage people from leaving a realm without taking the ability away all together, that is their way I think of keeping realms from dying altogether, (not seeming to work if so)
I also don’t think that as a customer that I should pay for blizzard’s inaction in dealing with dead or dying realms. To me it would make since to give a discount for multiple transfers, $25 for the first $ 15 for the second and $10 for each one after that. And say you get that discount 3 months after the first transfer to get the discount on the other transfers. To move 3 that saves $25 and makes a little more since
Edited by Elloe on 2/8/2013 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Lingsu
I didnt say CRZ helps guild recruitment and I didnt say it helps the AH....why dont u read what I wrote and just dont quote a random line and use it out of context. THX

Looks like they did read what you wrote.. and responded to you. Didn't seem to take it out of context at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Mastoura
By leaving his main character there he has a reason to go back to the realm. CRZ's main purpose was to make low pop servers not feel dead and having to interact with others. It succeeded. What they could have done better with the feature is not for me to argue.

No it didn't... if realms didn't feel so dead STILL, people wouldn't complain about it. It didn't succeed.
Reply Quote
2 Human Warlock
They wont merge servers for several reasons. The top two reasons are:

#1. They make A TON OF MONEY from people buying transfers. Why would they do it for free when so many are willing to pay them? For every one person that quits, there are hundreds more, or even thousands more, paying to transfer several characters. Your subscription fee DOES NOT MATTER.

#2. The playerbase is stupid. People will freak the hell out about how this game is dying. There will be weeks of nothing but "omg the game is dying" posts.

There are many reasons why they aren't merging servers, which have been discussed repeatedly. However the above tinfoil hat theories are not among them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Rezurrect
I have been on a dead server for a couple of years myself

I've read a few of your responses to paying to transfer and how you can't afford it... in 2 years time you couldn't save enough money to transfer 1 character?

I see a lot of exaggerations on why it's impossible to re-roll or transfer one at a time, but not being able to save $25 in a 2 year span.. I'm not believing that one.

And to all the people who are still using the arguement that CRZ doesn't fix low pop realms... you all know the answer to that. It was never intended to fix low pop realms.

I see the same names in every thread griping about CRZ for months... so saying Blizzard is losing customers due to CRZ has to be another exaggeration.

Expecting Blizzard to give you all something for free, when they already offer you a free option is very greedy. Blizzard hasn't raised it's price since day one, they use these side services to keep the sub fee down.

CRZ has been here for months, it's time for you to stop demanding Blizzard do something to "fix" whatever plight you're claiming to have and fix it yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
And to all the people who are still using the arguement that CRZ doesn't fix low pop realms... you all know the answer to that. It was never intended to fix low pop realms.

Well, yeah.. those are usually in response to those that say they fixed the issue of low pop servers... so yeah.. someone's going to say that lol.

Asking for a free server transfer for something that bliz created.. is in no way, shape or form selfish. What's selfish is believing that players should HAVE to pay or lose all that they created to fix a problem bliz knowingly created.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I've read a few of your responses to paying to transfer and how you can't afford it... in 2 years time you couldn't save enough money to transfer 1 character?

I see a lot of exaggerations on why it's impossible to re-roll or transfer one at a time, but not being able to save $25 in a 2 year span.. I'm not believing that one.

I see the same names in every thread griping about CRZ for months... so saying Blizzard is losing customers due to CRZ has to be another exaggeration.

Expecting Blizzard to give you all something for free, when they already offer you a free option is very greedy. Blizzard hasn't raised it's price since day one, they use these side services to keep the sub fee down.

CRZ has been here for months, it's time for you to stop demanding Blizzard do something to "fix" whatever plight you're claiming to have and fix it yourself.

CRZ =/= Dead Servers. Why should people that mistakenly rolled on doomed servers have to pay to get the same experience that players on "living" servers do?

Exactly, but in every "dead server" thread the CRZ complainers come and act like this was supposed to fix it.

No one has to do anything, they can stay where they are, re-roll, pay for a transfer or quit.

02/08/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Searc
What's selfish is believing that players should HAVE to pay or lose all that they created to fix a problem bliz knowingly created.

What problem did Blizzard "knowingly create"... I have no idea what that means.

EDIT: Searc, you and several others who have been demanding free transfers for "low pop realms" and "PvP" for months now. If you had either transfered one character or rerolled... you could have had several new level 90's and be completely raid ready. Instead you chose to stay on the forums and beat a dead horse... look what you've accomplished over the last 5 months.
Edited by Cocoa on 2/8/2013 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Human Warlock

There are many reasons why they aren't merging servers, which have been discussed repeatedly. However the above tinfoil hat theories are not among them.

What are the reasons? So far I've only heard of the "same name" problem.

Each reason has been discussed multiple times, perhaps you should use the search feature or google. Names are the least of the concern.

Here is a small list of things to consider:
1) Server stability
2) Database stability
3) Server mergers are a bandaid fix that don't solve the problems most people think they do.
4) Merging servers with databases as large and as spread out as the ones here in WoW is very risky and a pita. The server databases were never designed to talk to each other, which is why we can't mail items to other servers.
5) Server achievements
6) Those who demand server mergers rarely are thinking about the game and more about getting something for free.
7) The list I am sure can go on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Hellasha
Names are the least of the concern.

Actually, that is one of the big concerns they mentioned.

=)
Reply Quote
66 Tauren Warrior
WAR
Because blizzard hopes that the problem will fix itself.

In the eyes of big business "If there is a problem, there is ALWAYS a profitable solution".

Why would they merge dead servers when they could wait for the dead server population to migrate to a different location? For a one time fee of course. Hehehe...

Hehehehehehe...

HEHEHEEHEHEHEHEE!!

BUEHEHEHEHEEHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

/money
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Stomperz
/money

Yeah... it's so unusual for a business to worry about making money. I have to admit though, that I hope the business I work in keeps making money... I'm sure that the thousands (thats a lot of jobs) of people Blizzard employs feel the same.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
EDIT: Searc, you and several others who have been demanding free transfers for "low pop realms" and "PvP" for months now. If you had either transfered one character or rerolled... you could have had several new level 90's and be completely raid ready. Instead you chose to stay on the forums and beat a dead horse... look what you've accomplished over the last 5 months.

LOL you're too funny. If you even really paid attention to me and my posts.. I post when at work. believe me, if I could work and play wow, I wouldn't be on the forums at all.
And anyways, I have 5 level 90's already, and one about to ding and another close to dinging. But thank you for playing that game and paying attention to me and my posting habits.. means you <3 me. And anyhoot.. you're whining about me posting for 5 months about it..and yet, I see you in the same threads... so that means either you're wasting 5 months yapping about the same subject as we all have and is just as guilty..or you have a thing for me :P LOL.

02/08/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Hellasha
Those who demand server mergers rarely are thinking about the game and more about getting something for free.

You really think so? LOL. I think we do need server mergers in a big way. How in heck is server mergers getting things for free???????? I'd love an explanation on that one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
LOL you're too funny. If you even really paid attention to me and my posts.. I post when at work. believe me, if I could work and play wow, I wouldn't be on the forums at all.And anyways, I have 5 level 90's already, and one about to ding and another close to dinging. But thank you for playing that game and paying attention to me and my posting habits.. means you <3 me. And anyhoot.. you're whining about me posting for 5 months about it..and yet, I see you in the same threads... so that means either you're wasting 5 months yapping about the same subject as we all have and is just as guilty..or you have a thing for me :P LOL.

And an entire paragraph ignoring what I said... another waste of time.

If you had of transferred one lvl 90 or even rerolled, you could still have several lvl 90's on a new server by now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]