Dead Servers

90 Draenei Death Knight
LOL you're too funny. If you even really paid attention to me and my posts.. I post when at work. believe me, if I could work and play wow, I wouldn't be on the forums at all.And anyways, I have 5 level 90's already, and one about to ding and another close to dinging. But thank you for playing that game and paying attention to me and my posting habits.. means you <3 me. And anyhoot.. you're whining about me posting for 5 months about it..and yet, I see you in the same threads... so that means either you're wasting 5 months yapping about the same subject as we all have and is just as guilty..or you have a thing for me :P LOL.

And an entire paragraph ignoring what I said... another waste of time.

If you had of transferred one lvl 90 or even rerolled, you could still have several lvl 90's on a new server by now.

another waste of time? And yet, you took the time to copy and reply.. talking about a waste of time lol

I personally don't want to transfer or re-roll. I like my server.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Lingsu

Looks like they did read what you wrote.. and responded to you. Didn't seem to take it out of context at all.

no your wrong. its on the previous page. I think you dont know what yer talking about....basing this on your comment.

I know what I'm talking about, maybe you need to write a better post if people are taking it wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
It's not the players fault for the server being dead, so the player should not be the one forced to pay to fix it.

Re rolling is not something anyone should need to do to be able to play the game as a mmo.

Paying a server transfer fee is not something someone should need to do to play the game as a mmo.

There's alot of dead servers, there's 246 North American servers and that's just too many. It's the same amount they had when they had over 12 million subs, now they have 9.6 million. Many players were playing on full servers that are now dead. It's time Blizzard address the issue and come up with a solution.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Ntaki
do you actually think they should have to?

Nope, I don't think anyone should HAVE to do anything... and no one is forcing anyone to do anything.

But if you are unhappy with the server you're on, Blizzard made it possible to transfer (due to popular demand). If transfer is not possible due to funds, re-rolling is free.

Each individual player has to decide what is best for them. Merging servers would be a forced situation for players who don't want server mergers.
Reply Quote
The solution of transfer off and let it die seem to be somewhat weak, people that played and rolled on scilla for example ( I have three toons there myself but rerolled on different server because of the wanted to go alliance and at the time couldn’t have both factions on the same PVP realm) should have to pay extra to get the same experience that others are getting different realms. Why should I be penalized because blizzard does not have a system in place to deal with dead and dying realms?

02/08/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Cocoa
Nope, I don't think anyone should HAVE to do anything

As a customer I do see that I who pay the same amount of money a month for the opportunity for the same experience that someone on the same type of server gets, and am not getting it due to a poor server should not have to pay extra of have to put in extra time to reroll, (and it is blizzard to responsibility to maintain servers, that’s kind of what we pay them for they have and have always had a broken system in dealing with dying and dead realms)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Elloe
that’s kind of what we pay them for

Our sub fee is paying for access to the servers.

What server you choose to access is your choice.

Not transferring is your choice.

Not re-rolling is your choice.

Blizzard gives us choices. Server mergers is forcing people to accomodate the ones who CHOOSE NOT to avail themselves of the choices Blizzard provides.
Reply Quote
10 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Brokenstar
$25 is a lot of money. $25x3 is even more. But besides the money which I don't have right now anyway it is the point of it. What would it hurt Blizz to allow free transfers off of low pop realms or even offer one free transfer a year. I just want to have fun and I feel like my monthly sub should be eneough to cover that.

75$ is a lot of money over the course of 3 paychecks? 25$ is a lot of money? You're either too young to have a job or have a horrible job.

Transfer one character, or simply make a DK on a new realm and get over it.

Or the OP knows his value of money. 25 bucks is a drop in a bucket but that doesn't mean I'll spend it on transfers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/07/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Rezurrect
What would it hurt Blizz to allow free transfers off of low pop realms

You do realize that this just makes the situation worse right? Blizzard needs to do this the other way and offer free transfers TO low pop servers and offer hefty incentives to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
No Blizzard just needs to close the low population servers and merge them. Your not going to fix them when your total number of players is going down.

If your losing players, then you need to shut down servers. If you get back to 12 million, awesome, re open but till then start to merge and shut down dead servers.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Cocoa
that’s kind of what we pay them for

Our sub fee is paying for access to the servers.

What server you choose to access is your choice.

Not transferring is your choice.

Not re-rolling is your choice.

Blizzard gives us choices. Server mergers is forcing people to accomodate the ones who CHOOSE NOT to avail themselves of the choices Blizzard provides.

The server going dead was not my choice, Scilla was actually a high populated realm when I did play on it, I didn’t make it go down so why should I have to deal with the fact the the AH has gone to nothing where lvling a profession has become broken, building a strong guild is imposable, And RBG teams are nonexistent , None of that happening was my choice but I have to pay for it if I want the same experience that someone else on a more populated realm has in time or money.
I’m not asking for a “free” transfer, I like the idea of merging realms take two low populated servers and put them together, Other MMOs have done it in the past so the argument that it’s too hard that the all mighty blizzard can’t do it is bunk…
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Elloe
I’m not asking for a “free” transfer, I like the idea of merging realms take two low populated servers and put them together, Other MMOs have done it in the past so the argument that it’s too hard that the all mighty blizzard can’t do it is bunk…

And what does this do for the people who like their server as it is?

You want change but are unwilling to do what it takes to achieve it. You're telling everyone who is happy with the way things are to suck it up to accomodate you.

Seeing as how Blizzard aready offers you a solution, I don't understand why you want to force it on everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Cocoa

You want change but are unwilling to do what it takes to achieve it. You're telling everyone who is happy with the way things are to suck it up to accomodate you.

Seeing as how Blizzard aready offers you a solution, I don't understand why you want to force it on everyone else.

Where are the happy ones?
Reply Quote
I'm not paying to transfer toons.

In my opinion that would be like paying a waiter to bring me a knife and fork. I wouldn't pay for that, I'd be insulted for being asked to pay for something I need to enjoy my meal and go to one of the many other restaurants in the city.

I have the money (only reason I'm still subbed even though I go days without logging in) but it's the principle of the thing.

Actually we do pay for our waiter to bring us a knife and fork is called a gratuity or a tip whichever they feel to call it at the place of eating. Some force it upon you and some force a % of your overall bill.....the principle of things are played with to accommodate a beneficiary.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm not paying to transfer toons.

In my opinion that would be like paying a waiter to bring me a knife and fork. I wouldn't pay for that, I'd be insulted for being asked to pay for something I need to enjoy my meal and go to one of the many other restaurants in the city.

I have the money (only reason I'm still subbed even though I go days without logging in) but it's the principle of the thing.

Actually we do pay for our waiter to bring us a knife and fork is called a gratuity or a tip whichever they feel to call it at the place of eating. Some force it upon you and some force a % of your overall bill.....the principle of things are played with to accommodate a beneficiary.

No, you don't pay someone to bring you knife and fork. You're not forced to pay a tip... well.. unless you're in a huge party and the establishment has said in writing that they enforce that. They cannot force you to pay for a tip without it in warning.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Searc

I don't know Searc... is this another "prove it" post?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Dimsum
What would it hurt Blizz to allow free transfers off of low pop realms

You do realize that this just makes the situation worse right? Blizzard needs to do this the other way and offer free transfers TO low pop servers and offer hefty incentives to do so.

Like free mount or free level 85 if you stay on the server???? What could incentive a good number of players that the question. There is also a large number of dead servers.

It's not the players fault for the server being dead, so the player should not be the one forced to pay to fix it.

That is true but life is not always fair.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They wont merge servers for several reasons. The top two reasons are:

#1. They make A TON OF MONEY from people buying transfers. Why would they do it for free when so many are willing to pay them? For every one person that quits, there are hundreds more, or even thousands more, paying to transfer several characters. Your subscription fee DOES NOT MATTER.

#2. The playerbase is stupid. People will freak the hell out about how this game is dying. There will be weeks of nothing but "omg the game is dying" posts.

This. And, of course, merging servers would be a public admission of a shrinking playerbase. Stockholders don't like that kind of bad publicity.

Saddest part of this whole issue is that it seems Blizzard would rather their customers on dead servers suffer than do anything meaningful to help them. Like it or hate it, CRZ as it is currently implemented, is only a bandaid for the problem. Same goes for RealID. Until dead realms are fully integrated -- CRZ in cities, shared AH, that kind of thing (which is basically merged servers without anyone having to change their name) -- these players will continue to have problems.

Pretty screwed up, if you ask me, for Blizz to basically say "Sure, you can enjoy the game, for an extra $25 per character." It's not the player's fault their server died. Yet they have to pay extra to solve the problem. If Blizz isn't going to merge dead servers they should start offering free transfers either to them or off them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

I don't know Searc... is this another "prove it" post?

No, did I say to prove it? I just asked you where the happy people were.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]