PVP Resilence vs PVP power

90 Undead Rogue
What is better?? who scale more powerfull?
im Sub and Assa

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i think pvp power for both because if u play right u dont get hit often anyways
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Cantouchdiz
i think pvp power for both because if u play right u dont get hit often anyways

That's the problem, the "small time" you get hit will be to rip your brains out, so I'd go with resilience, this season is too "bursty", you gotta hold up damage if you wanna deal damage
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
say against a rogue 1v1.

Let's say base stat in pvp power and resil starts at 50%.

if you gem full resil you gain like 9%

you gain like 12% to pvp power if you do the same

So you either have 50% pvp power / 59% resil or 62% pvp power /50% resil

If you gem full pvp power and I gem full resil assuming all dmg hits for 1000:

you'd hit me for 1000 x .62 =620 1620 x .41 = 664
I'd hit you for 1000 x .5 = 500 1500 x .5 = 750

If any situation where multiple ppl are attacking you resilience is even further the better stat.

I guess if you have no need to worry about the dmg you take then sure pvp power makes for sense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hands down resil. As much of it as you can get without losing socket bonuses. Look at just about anyones armory that has run arena on the regular this season.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Can't get enough resil as a rogue
Reply Quote
All bout dat resil
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I went full PvP Power before I got my weapons. I always knew it was smarter to get more resil if you could, but I just wanted more dmg flat out.

It is really up to you until you get some decent gear. I'm in decent gear, mostly Dreadful and some Malevolent, but still haven't gotten around to gemming my gear correctly. Just wait till next season imo.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
@ Hairy may i ask where did you get that .41 ?? ty for the calculations tho.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
resil
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Hitøkiri
@ Hairy may i ask where did you get that .41 ?? ty for the calculations tho.

well my resil in that example was 59%. so I'd get hit for .41 x damage.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
sorry but isn't suppose to be 59% ? not 41 . you can call me dumb or stupid but i just wanna make sure i understand the calculations. from what i understand, "damage X resil" right? so from your example it should be 1620 x .59 ? again im sorry, i'm not trying to be a smarta55 or anything i just wanna understand this. please help and thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yes I could have 1620 x .59 and then subtracted that from 1620. Since that is the amount of dmg you will mitigate.

Since I know you will take .41 x damage after mitigation I just did it that way.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
ohh... so it needs to be subtracted then. i thought it's only like 1620( my dmg to you) x .59(your resil) = the damage ill be making. i didn't know that i have to subtract my total dmg from my original dmg. so much math lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
well 59% is the dmg you mitigate. So yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Resil you play arguably the more squishy CLASS(not spec) in the game so get all the defensive help you can get.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Going to copy/paste a response:

There's a common misconception that PvP Power negates Resilience. This actually isn't true because Resilience is factored in after PvP Power in a sense. Lets say a Frostbomb hits for 100,000. With 50% PvP Power it hits for 150,000. However, if a person has 50% Resilience, it would hit for 75,000 in the end.

Now lets pretend the Mage gemmed more PvP Power and the target gemmed more resilience. The PvP Power became roughly 60%. The Resilience became 55%.
Frost Bomb not hits for 160,000, but with 55% Resilience it hits for 72,000. This is not the exact PvP Power to Resilience scale; but that should give you the picture that Resilience = generally more damage reduction than PvP Power's increased damage point to point with full PvP Gear.

edit: In the end you can't just go one way or the other for everyone. If you play a class like Enhance Shamans, gemming Resilience is probably smart since they get trained over half the time. If you play a class like Warriors, it's probably good to use PvP Power against non-Casters and Rogues.

If you have enough conquest points it's probably best to have 2 sets ready. Wear the set depending on if the team is going to hit you or not. However with the upgrading gear factored in this season it's going to be a lot harder to do this.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
ok 1 more question. i noticed all rogues go for the stat bonus for chest, gloves, belt and pants. isn't better to gem all resil for those gears??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Hitøkiri
ok 1 more question. i noticed all rogues go for the stat bonus for chest, gloves, belt and pants. isn't better to gem all resil for those gears??

It seems to be the most well-rounded that way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/08/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Hitøkiri

good question. I dont know either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]