Suggestions for Ret; from former r1 ret

90 Human Paladin
I am making this post based on my personal opinion of what rets actually need to be represented on arena ladders.

Ret paladins have always been considered a "support" dps in arenas. As much as I like the changes they are giving them; more off healing and hand of sacrifice dispels; I honestly think that they should focus more on the main issue.

The biggest issue I see with ret paladins right now is that; they die. They have almost no useful survival talent. (one bubble every 5 minutes that is dispellable isn't enough, as we just get destroyed outside of it)

Most of the popular classes like Spriests, Warriors, Hunters, and Mages all have ways to take at least 15% damage reduction along with immunitys such as Disperse, Deterrence, Ice Block, or Shield Wall(well; almost as good as an immunity)

I think a good change to rets would be to give them a 15% damage reduction while having seal of insight on. This would ultimately help rets alot with surviving in arena. Although it doesn't seem like much but it stacks up over time and will let rets be on par with the other classes. This would be fairly balanced imo because rets would have to trade alot of damage from seal of truth to sit in seal of insight to survive.

Another change I'd like to see is a change to glyph of divine protection that allows us to use Divine Protection while stunned. From my experience playing holy; I've always felt that casters who catch me in a stun and with me not having any shields through sacred shield or holy pally mastery buff; I can almost die 100-0 against a good frost mage. Making Divine protection a 20% damage reduction to all damage would also be a good step towards ret's survival.

Another possible good change; could be to make sacred shield scale much better with STR so Rets could have a much stronger shield proc compared to holy paladins. Because honestly; I am tired of rets being treated as a second healer like last season. This would give rets an opportunity to choose between damage mitigation for incoming damage or more heals.

With these two buffs to our survival; I can honestly say the hand of sacrifice buff for rets is not needed. It would honestly just turn us into this current season's shadowpriests for next season. We would have so much utility.

In terms of our damage; I feel that we could use a bit more consistent damage as our burst is really good as it is. Perhaps changing the wog glyph to a glyph where flashes and wogs increase the duration of our inquisition by 4 seconds. This would give us more up time to damage.

These are just my view of what the class needs; any constructive feedback is welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am making this post based on my personal opinion of what rets actually need to be represented on arena ladders.

Ret paladins have always been considered a "support" dps in arenas. As much as I like the changes they are giving them; more off healing and hand of sacrifice dispels; I honestly think that they should focus more on the main issue.

The biggest issue I see with ret paladins right now is that; they die. They have almost no useful survival talent. (one bubble every 5 minutes that is dispellable isn't enough, as we just get destroyed outside of it)

Most of the popular classes like Spriests, Warriors, Hunters, and Mages all have ways to take at least 15% damage reduction along with immunitys such as Disperse, Deterrence, Ice Block, or Shield Wall(well; almost as good as an immunity)

I think a good change to rets would be to give them a 15% damage reduction while having seal of insight on. This would ultimately help rets alot with surviving in arena. Although it doesn't seem like much but it stacks up over time and will let rets be on par with the other classes. This would be fairly balanced imo because rets would have to trade alot of damage from seal of truth to sit in seal of insight to survive.

Another change I'd like to see is a change to glyph of divine protection that allows us to use Divine Protection while stunned. From my experience playing holy; I've always felt that casters who catch me in a stun and with me not having any shields through sacred shield or holy pally mastery buff; I can almost die 100-0 against a good frost mage. Making Divine protection a 20% damage reduction to all damage would also be a good step towards ret's survival.

Another possible good change; could be to make sacred shield scale much better with STR so Rets could have a much stronger shield proc compared to holy paladins. Because honestly; I am tired of rets being treated as a second healer like last season. This would give rets an opportunity to choose between damage mitigation for incoming damage or more heals.

With these two buffs to our survival; I can honestly say the hand of sacrifice buff for rets is not needed. It would honestly just turn us into this current season's shadowpriests for next season. We would have so much utility.

In terms of our damage; I feel that we could use a bit more consistent damage as our burst is really good as it is. Perhaps changing the wog glyph to a glyph where flashes and wogs increase the duration of our inquisition by 4 seconds. This would give us more up time to damage.

These are just my view of what the class needs; any constructive feedback is welcome.

OMG I love you! I support this! they are actually talking about making seal of insight usable with a glyphy while we are using seal of truth! this would be amazing in terms of our survivability! check it out on mmo champ
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Unfortunately; I think that they were talking about making the 1 holy power every 20 seconds a passive for ret which doesn't really help much lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Throw in taking seals and inquisition of GCD and I'd love to see some of these changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]