LFR Drop Rate issues

90 Tauren Druid
I understand the concept of random loot drops. I get you guys are looking into changing rates in LFR.

Is there a reason you can't hotfix a drop increase rather than have us wait till 5.2?

I'm a poster child for poor drop rates. This toon last had a LFR drop on 12/13/12 and it was a duplicate of the fan I already had.

Feel free to check my feed as i run the LFR's I can each week and I'm on week 8 now without a single drop and the one drop I have is an offhand I'm not using. I could really use some gear.

I'm not asking for some kind of unfair situation where I do nothing for free epic drops. I've paid my dues here it's well past time that I should have gotten a drop. You really need a system that buffs my magic find, like diablo, or something so that after weeks of nothing I get a better chance at SOMETHING.

From my perspective there is no risk vs. reward going on. It's all just risk and time wasted at this point.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
02/01/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Kergen
From my perspective there is no risk vs. reward going on. It's all just risk and time wasted at this point.

Since when is raiding/LFR supposed to be about risk vs reward?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It's more or less time wasted - LFR you have to understand its completely random and thats the problem with things being random as you can go weeks without getting a drop as random doesn't = guarenteed

I understand the frustration but the best you can do is just work at it until 5.2 which is dropping soon so they aren't going to "hotfix" something they are implementing in roughly less than a month.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't understand why you would tell us to check your feed. Did you think no one would do it? For your "8 weeks" of LFR runs you have only defeated one boss, Feng, more than 5 times. 3 WotE kills, 3 Elegon kills. You're wearing a bunch of unenchanted 450 blues and even a green trinket so you obviously don't run 5-mans or get VP gear to improve your character so you can do HoF/ToES either.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Is there a reason you can't hotfix a drop increase rather than have us wait till 5.2?

The reason is because the increased drop rates will not effect current tier LFR. In 5.2 the 5.0 LFRs get a buffed drop rates but the new LFRs will have the same drop rate as now. This makes it easier for players to catch up without allowing them to gear too quickly in current raid gear.

Feel free to check my feed as i run the LFR's I can each week and I'm on week 8 now without a single drop and the one drop I have is an offhand I'm not using. I could really use some gear.

The drop rate is ~1-2 items per full clear (meaning all 16 bosses). You have killed 22 bosses. You have been slightly unlucky but far from super unlucky. Keep plugging.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I have the same thing going on and ya it's pretty frustrating. I just hit 90 last week i've done lfr MSV twice HOF and ToES once each Sha of Anger twice and used 5 elder charms and have got nothing but bags of gold. So including the charms that's 29 chances at loot without a single drop which is pretty aggravating for sure. I just kinda wonder how normal or abnormal this is, does anyone know the exact drop rate percentages for lfr/charms? I have a feeling also that certain items have a higher drop rate than others. On my DK I have had a bit of luck with drops in lfr but it's the same few items that tend to drop every week. The main one being the Str neck off of protectors in terrace. I have gotten it from lfr 5 times now and once from elite mode. I have yet to see tier in lfr terrace once and I do understand it's random, but like I said I think the drop chance is lower for some items than others from what I have seen on six 90's worth of lfr running.
Edited by Chocolatbalz on 2/1/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
i'm on week 4 with no loot. i feel you man. I keep telling myself lfr is a waste of time, but i keep queueing in the hopes that "this run will be different". I went with some guildies alts last week, everyone in the group (i think there were 5 of us) got multiple loot drops from coins and bosses. I blew 2 coins for gold, and the bosses dropped gold. it's infuriating.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/01/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Mahourai
I don't understand why you would tell us to check your feed. Did you think no one would do it? For your "8 weeks" of LFR runs you have only defeated one boss, Feng, more than 5 times. 3 WotE kills, 3 Elegon kills. You're wearing a bunch of unenchanted 450 blues and even a green trinket so you obviously don't run 5-mans or get VP gear to improve your character so you can do HoF/ToES either.

lol OP is such a clown
I've been about 3 weeks on level 90 and my item level is already 475. I've been pretty lucky with 5 man heroic drops, but my LFR drops are pretty bad too. I got lucky on my first run getting the bow but after that nothing for 3 weeks, running all bosses every week.
But if you want gear LFR is not the end of it

1) Farm reputation, can get amazing items from there. I got 2 of my rings from reputation.
2) Buy stuff from auction house
3) Do normal raids, yeah you actually have to work there but its much more satisfying to work for your gear then to get carried in LFR and then whine that your not lucky.

If your not even trying to gear up, why you whining about LFR drop rates. Your 8 weeks at least on 90 and you wear greens. Cmon this is not even funny
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I feel the pain, I don't need it anymore but in the months and months of running LFR ;not once did I ever get a token for tier gear.

Here is a good take-way for blizzard. Look at the drop rate. When it comes to glyphs and spells look at the % use vs others. There are tons of broken glyphs, spells, and item slots drop rate that are over looked.
Edited by Nighttstorm on 2/1/2013 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/01/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Mahourai

I run lfr and work on dailies yet I can't get into HOF because good groups have a requirement "MUST HAVE COMPLETED 6/6 HOF" to join a pug....how the heck can I complete it if either I group with morons who have in their pugs mages with expertise gems or pugs that require 110k dps on first boss or you are out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
only useful advice I can give u, run lfr where bosses drop tier tokens and use elder charms. Think u can do the same boss 3 times in a row using elder charms thus u'd have 3 chances winning a tier token. I've never done it but seeing others in full lfr tier set I guess that's how they did it. Also saw someone posting it on other forums
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/02/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Annula
only useful advice I can give u, run lfr where bosses drop tier tokens and use elder charms. Think u can do the same boss 3 times in a row using elder charms thus u'd have 3 chances winning a tier token. I've never done it but seeing others in full lfr tier set I guess that's how they did it. Also saw someone posting it on other forums

Strange. When I look at his profile, the advice that comes to mind is "Run some flippin' 5 man Heroics."
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/02/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Annula
I run lfr and work on dailies yet I can't get into HOF

Why are you upgrading your 483 trinket instead of buying Valor Point Bracers and/or Helm (to replace your 463s)? You've also been 90 for at least a month and a half but have only done MSV once.

because good groups have a requirement "MUST HAVE COMPLETED 6/6 HOF" to join a pug....

You've cleared MSV once with no other raiding experience and you expect groups which will go 6/6 in HoF to want you? Find a group to do the first few bosses - most can do Vizier and Blade Lord, then Garalon and beyond is a large step up. Then try to PUG Garalon if your original group falls apart.

Alternatively, just make your own group and set your own requirements.

how the heck can I complete it if either I group with morons who have in their pugs mages with expertise gems

How are expertise gems for a mage moronic?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yeah run heroics and do dailies. Also Cenarion Ward talent the original poster has is the crappiest talent you can take if you plan on raiding. Nature's swiftness is the best talent you can take in that row, unless you do a lot of 5 man healing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Because when I had my trinket I still had green helm and wasn't revered with golden lotus to begin working on shadow pan for my helm. I've been 90 for a month because this it my ALT and NOT my main. I've hit lvl 90 on my main same week MOP was released.

I have more experience than the armory shows. It doesn't show my experience on my main but I have done elite protectors and 4/6 HOF and know all other fights. Yet I am not going to try to explain to an idiot who only forms his group based on armory that I've doen bosses on my main and this is my alt. Every time I say "this is an alt" - I get no reply.

This is my alt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Orthio/advanced

He's been 90 since January 10th (at least a month after your guy hit 90), on a server where I had no connections and I've done zero runs with my actual guild - everything I've done has been trade chat groups.

You've done MSV once.

I've done MSV three times and also have some heroic MSV kills on top of that. Also two HoF clears, two partial ToES clears, and one full ToES clear.

If you want to convince raid leaders to take you, you *do* need to explain you've done 4/6N on your main and be prepared to give them your main's name. And again, expecting 6/6N HoF groups when you've only done MSV once is more than a bit silly.

Why? You think for mage to use expertise gems is good? Please tell us how it benefits a mage vs intellect gems. Why do mages need expertise?

Because sometimes mages can't hit cap without expertise gems. And if hit is worth, say, 60% of Intellect, then you'd be better off giving up int to hit cap because gems give twice as much expertise as int.

02/02/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Annula
Why are you inspecting me when this thread is about another person and his problems? If I wanted you to tell me WHY I can't find a good pug to do MSV/HOF/TOES, I'd make a post and ask for an opinion for someone who can't see what's wrong with a mage using expertise gems vs intellect ones.

Because you came in and started complaining about working on dailies and LFR but being unable to find groups.
Edited by Balkoth on 2/2/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/02/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Annula
Why? You think for mage to use expertise gems is good? Please tell us how it benefits a mage vs intellect gems. Why do mages need expertise?

Expertise also counts as hit for casters. So if the mage is not hit capped then a expertise gem is very useful for him.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
if all you run is lfr, why does gear matter? i mean you can gear to do lfr but what's the point? most of the time people who complain about lfr drop rates only ever do lfr. some people win lfr gear and never gem or enchant it, others win it and just run more lfrs to cast a spell every 30 secs to show they aren't afk. what i'm saying is, you gear up, have bis lfr gear or whatever, then what? then you quit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

This is my alt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Orthio/advanced

He's been 90 since January 10th (at least a month after your guy hit 90), on a server where I had no connections and I've done zero runs with my actual guild - everything I've done has been trade chat groups.

You've done MSV once.

I've done MSV three times and also have some heroic MSV kills on top of that. Also two HoF clears, two partial ToES clears, and one full ToES clear.

If you want to convince raid leaders to take you, you *do* need to explain you've done 4/6N on your main and be prepared to give them your main's name. And again, expecting 6/6N HoF groups when you've only done MSV once is more than a bit silly.

I don't need to explain myself to you but going to since you seem so anal why I haven't done MSV like you have done it uber 4 times. Because I took a break from this game and I haven't played for 3 months. I maybe logged once a day and then didn't log for 6 days. You got that? There are people who play this game who have real life, obligations, family and businesses. Unlike others who spend 7 days online, 365 days a week.

I haven't been lucky finding good MSV pugs. What do I define by GOOD MSV pugs ?

- A raid leader who actually armory checks people before inviting them into raid
- A raid leader who doesn't pick his nose while forming a pug and goes afk for 30 min without saying a word
- A raid leader who is vocal during encounters and if he sees that other tank isn't tanking a lion on first boss in MSV tells him to taunt a marked target
- A raid leader who doesn't cuss like a sailor in vent and starts pointing fingers at others while he's the ONE who has to step up and push his dps.

I actually wrote my experience on my blog at http://wowtipper.com/gonna-have-to-replace-ya/

- A raid leader who doesn't invite his guildies who have 450 gear ungemmed/unenchanted blues and greens and asking others to make up for their dps

I was very very lucky that ONE time and I got into a group with a very good rl and everyone in group was very good too. We ONE shot everything. I am only looking for pugs that know what they are doing and not wiping to circles on first boss in HOF. If these people wiping to circles on first boss in HOF then they aren't experienced and 99.9% they won't get pass Gara in HOF.

I've been to many pugs my friend but I am very picky with whom I go and when I smell a dead rat when I join a pug, I leave because it's not worth my time.

I am a pugger who researches the class I play, I gem and enchant my gear and try to perform to best of my abilities when I join a pug and therefore I expect others to do the same.

Go look at my post on my blog how a rl of a pug a dps warrior was calling everyone out in raid while as a dps warr he was pulling 24k dps and how he was doing heroic leap from lion to lion and I was chained to him and had to run through bunch of paddles...that was...epic.
Would I want to join pugs like that? Pugs that have hard time killing first boss and the rl is the weakest link? Would I want to join a pug just so my armory will say I've killed Elegon 6 times and spent 4 hours killing it? NO!

So just because someone cleared MSV ones on an alt but it was a 1 shot everything pug, doesnt' mean that person is inexperienced as you are implying here.

P.S. my toon is NOT a guy it's a female. I am a female and females play this game too just an FYI
Edited by Annula on 2/3/2013 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]