LFR Drop Rate issues

90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, people who know about the extensive testing and calculation of how much reward must accompany gameplay to constitute in player's minds a genuine reward. There have been a lot of studies about the biochemical nature of game rewards. It's why people play the game in regards to feelings of accomplishments. If you read about online games you know this much.
Blizzard is very knowledgeable about the psychological reward system and uses it usually quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The LFR loot system blows. Stop trying to rationalize a disappointment please.
The coins make it worse. I have never gotten anything from the coins, ever.
The new white noise in the game is not about difficult bosses or rep so much anymore it is "the LFR loot system is bad" with Blizz's cheerleaders forging ahead with "keep plugging away" as if this was an employment system. What needs to be fixed is Blizz/Activision's twisted reward logic and hideous RNG. #1 I do not work for you, tedium is not entertainment #2 Random is as random is perceived; if you're looking for the effect of random you try to stay a little less than absolute random because you end up with a mess. If you want to know about the LFR loot system you;d have to be deaf not to hear the discontent. If your name is Pollyanna please do tell us how lucky YOU were and how that makes us idiots and luckless whiners. The problem is that Blizz has forgotten that game experience is what pays their bills and right now the loot system is perceived as way less than random. Yes, there is no guarantees however that sounds like someone about to start a new job not a game. And the begging and whining for loot? I never really experienced that. Is that for real? Because there's the /ignore feature that is so much more effective than screwing up a loot system.
I've gone through a few coins to realize one thing: true random seems to be not so random.
If Blizzard can make it so that every freaking NPC in this game knows you're class/race, every quest-giver knows that you're one short of a quest objective (and that one of them is in your bank not your bags), then surely we can be a little more intuitive with drops and stop being stingy and hide behind the excuse "it's all random" yeah that's a huge billboard to hide behind.

You're geared enough to enter the next tier of LFR and the only instance you've fully completed more than 4 times is MSV.

I'd say the system is working rather well.

You're a poster boy for the shallowness of your arguments and the avarice and impatience of the mass of forum posters.

I stopped doing LFR to accumulate the PvP gear because it is actually obtainable
Edited by Draomin on 2/4/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/04/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Draomin

I'd say the system is working rather well.

You're a poster boy for the shallowness of your arguments and the avarice and impatience of the mass of forum posters.

I stopped doing LFR to accumulate the PvP gear because it is actually obtainable

And once again you use totally unrelated facts to do what? Take up space? FACT: LFR loot system is broken, not just for some unlucky few, it's just that people who do get drops are willing to say "not broken" or "working well for me" or "you're a poster boy" I had to grind out back to back BG's to get what I have, hardly a call for greed. If you want to bask in the glories of your bloated loot love for the LFR then start your own thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yes, sometimes bad luck will screw you out of getting anything useful. That happens. That is not "broken", that is normal. It's just that way too many players like to throw a fit thinking they deserve guaranteed loot, when that has never, ever been a reasonable expectation in raids.

15% chance of getting something is a reasonably good number, especially since there is no competition rolling against you. GC has already said they'd like to have some mechanism in place for anyone that's viciously unlucky, but that's all it is.

Bad luck.

And a vocal minority of whining.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 2/4/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

And once again you use totally unrelated facts to do what? Take up space? FACT: LFR loot system is broken, not just for some unlucky few, it's just that people who do get drops are willing to say "not broken" or "working well for me" or "you're a poster boy" I had to grind out back to back BG's to get what I have, hardly a call for greed. If you want to bask in the glories of your bloated loot love for the LFR then start your own thread.

I never really got drops out of LFR, though. Elegon's trinket is about the only thing I can think of.

You never did LFR long enough to come to any meaningful conclusions. Like I said, you have less than a month's worth of boss kills on HoF and Terrace. If you can't wait more than a month to get geared, you're way too impatient to be playing an MMO.

Plus you're wearing several drops from Terrace, and your gear has changed from when you posted earlier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/04/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Draomin
FACT: LFR loot system is broken, not just for some unlucky few, it's just that people who do get drops are willing to say "not broken" or "working well for me" or "you're a poster boy"
FACT: the above quote is purely opinion. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, sometimes bad luck will screw you out of getting anything useful. That happens. That is not "broken", that is normal. It's just that way too many players like to throw a fit thinking they deserve guaranteed loot, when that has never, ever been a reasonable expectation in raids.

15% chance of getting something is a reasonably good number, especially since there is no competition rolling against you. GC has already said they'd like to have some mechanism in place for anyone that's viciously unlucky, but that's all it is.

Bad luck.

And a vocal minority of whining.

And you really think everyone who has a bad perspective on LFR loot comes here to be counted? I hope you're not in law school.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I think Blizz intentionally made LFR loot drop rates total crap to make the "real raiders" happy that LFR wasn't just a loot pineta.

I have done the last two LFR raids every week for months and I still do not have a sha gun or 2 pieces of tier. This is with using coins every week too.

In DS LFR, I had my first char FULL sets of holy/ret gear within about 6 weeks. Holy was done in about 2 weeks...yes I got lucky on rolls. I also equipped a DK, hunter (not this guy) and rogue with almost a full set of LFR gear quite quickly.

I am really getting sick of LFR. I do it for a chance at what I need, but more for the vps. Smart programming would make it so I didn't get the same tier shoulders 3 times and not get pants or gloves for weeks on end...or killing that little water elemental like 13 times and no gun...

If 5.2 LFR is the same scoop of crap, I guess once I get exalted with that dungeon rep I am done with it.

Yeah, I would LOVE to do real raiding, but my work and RL situation doesn't allow me a set time 3-4 times a week to do it. I mean I would REALLY love to raid as I am tired of bads, afkers, griefers, and tanks that don't know the fights and cause wipes in LFR...so know going into LFR it is because I feel I have no other choice to gear up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Please put in an option to choose which spec of loot you want in LFR ! I would love to heal them but i want dps gear. I would rather help heal with good gear then do very little dps with dps gear just because i want dps loot. Please make an option where healers can choose dps loot
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Please put in an option to choose which spec of loot you want in LFR ! I would love to heal them but i want dps gear. I would rather help heal with good gear then do very little dps with dps gear just because i want dps loot. Please make an option where healers can choose dps loot
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/04/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Oneshockpwnd

This is getting implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I think Blizz intentionally made LFR loot drop rates total crap to make the "real raiders" happy that LFR wasn't just a loot pineta.

I have done the last two LFR raids every week for months and I still do not have a sha gun or 2 pieces of tier. This is with using coins every week too.

What a tragedy that you have to make your full set of epics work, what with such pitiful LFR drop rates. I mean it's not like your character is fully epic'd out without ever setting foot in a raid or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/04/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Handcake

BS. What would make the "real raiders happy" is to not have any association with LFR at all.

The only reason I don't care to make LFR a loot pinata like you want is that it's been shown people will leave the game once they get their gear too early in a patch cycle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus

Except lfr is still a loot pinata that on average awards loot faster then normal raids.

Smart programming would make it so I didn't get the same tier shoulders 3 times and not get pants or gloves for weeks on end...or killing that little water elemental like 13 times and no gun...

Smart programming takes away rng. Guess what the big feedback from toc was people like rng, They did not like if you run the raid for 3 weeks you get your next upgrade. The drop rates are not going to change no matter how smart they make the programming. So it might go from 13 weeks to get geared on average with 90% of the players between 6-20 weeks to 13 weeks to get get geared with 90% of the players between 12-14 weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
'Smart programming' would also mean that my DS group would stop getting warrior/hunter/shaman tokens somewhere around the time the group's only recipient for them was working on a 6th complete offset. It's not a matter of smartness, it's a matter of randomness being a KNOWN factor that you have to deal with.

Randomness was cut out with lots and lots of gear available for badges in Wrath and TBC, and both players and devs didn't like it. Removing randomness deflates the victory of winning stuff off bosses, and the necessary throttling of gear means you look forward to the 20 weeks required to gear up through badges and start complaining about that lengthy timeframe.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
So
In rather ironic fashion
My theory has finally been proven wrong.
Of course it had to be on myself, and on the character that I need to catch up on gear the most on.

Carry on :)
Edited by Asane on 2/6/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Warrior
In just about all guild loot systems each person is pretty much guaranteed a piece of loot at some point in time. Assuming loot useable your character drops.

Currently the all RNG change has the ability to go all D3 style and make it such that can never see any loot ever.

Blizzard should make LFR loot chances increase each time you don't get loot. Then reset once you get a piece. Granted, they'd need to make so that it was 'smart' enough to give you usuable gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
WTB Vanq tokens, kthnx.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
In just about all guild loot systems each person is pretty much guaranteed a piece of loot at some point in time. Assuming loot useable your character drops.
Herp.
That is not a safe assumption to EVER make. That's the point. You don't have any roll competition on LFR loot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]