I know healing meters don't matter...

100 Troll Druid
...and I focus on healing who needs a heal and try not to worry about sniping. But its really disheartening to see my hots get very little use, and feel like I am contributing half the healing as the disc priest.

I don't begrudge the priest thier healing, or thier style... I just wish there was a way that our methods can work together. I do a pretty good job of keeping the tanks upright and tanking, and I throw out glyphed regrowths on larger hit raid members, but it seems like overall my aoe healing is just not cutting it. Its too slow.

I know those meters dont matter, and total healing doesnt mean a lot. But I can't help feeling like im doing a bad job when I see my co-healer 10-20% above me on the meter, and my overhealing is like 30% above them.

I know the goal of the new mushroom is to help alleviate that, but I question why we need such a cumbersome mechanic to come close to the simple healing of another class.

Anyone else feeling this way?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
This is a major reason why Disc is being reworked in 5.2. Have patience.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/01/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Kaels
This is a major reason why Disc is being reworked in 5.2. Have patience.

^^ ^^

Disc is broken, as stated by Blizzard and GC, they're being reworked/nerfed.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I am also going to be honest and say that I cannot stand the mushroom mechanic. Clicking, then place, place, place, then click again at some other pt. Seems like a huge amount of setup that most classes get for one click, or one click and place.

Its also just plain disruptive to the whole healing flow in my mind. I dont like having to break looking at the boss, the players, the mechanics... to figure out the right place to put the mushrooms, click a bunch, and then shepherd my raid into the right spot to use again. Maybe if it was movable or castable on a character... that would be one thing. Meh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think that you could start now by having a frank talk with your co-healer. Healing is a team effort, and I don't see why your co-healer needs to completely suppress your healing. That's just not cool.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Well its not like they are maliciously doing it. They are just playing effectively as a disc priest. And we are getting through the bosses fine. Its more of how I feel as a member of the team afterwards. Id like to know that I am helping as much as the disc priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/01/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Kaels
This is a major reason why Disc is being reworked

TO THE GROUND

Don't feel bad our disc crush me when i cast 100% of the time and they cast 85% of the time. As long as you are killing stuff don't worry about it.
Edited by Sadiemay on 2/1/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Yeah see I KNOW, logically, that I shouldn't care if we are progressing. BUT I find that I do. My satisfaction quotient is lower.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I pretend anything that is white on my skada is actually a boss effect and that priests are really just npc's. Take them out of the mix and healing is pretty balanced this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Do you have your 4 pc? Try soul of the forest instead of incarnation if you do. My aoe healing took a major boost once i got my 4 pc and could swift mend more often and follow it with a soul of the forest wild growth. It is a different type of play style but i like the sustained aoe healing capabilities of soul of the forest and wild growth over the cool down of incarnation which seems situational to me. Over healing is going to happen just accept the fact that other heals will top off where our hots could have done that. But soul of the forest wild growth should tick quick enough to boost your aoe healing.
Edited by Ilthalaine on 2/1/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cast Sym on them, take their life grip, life grip them into the corner and get them stuck. Laugh evilly.

On a more serious note don't stress about it :P It can be disheartening but 5.2 will 'level' priests out a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My guild was working on Heroic Will of the Emperor on 25 last night, and we had 3 disc priests in the raid. Talk about being bored for a while.
Edited by Kuruption on 2/1/2013 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also, try two healing with them. I love two-healing with our Druid, because what I am not good at (healing people back up after they've gotten low), he's really good at.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Cast Sym on them, take their life grip, life grip them into the corner and get them stuck. Laugh evilly.

On a more serious note don't stress about it :P It can be disheartening but 5.2 will 'level' priests out a bit more.

lol
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
Me and my shaman partner have been outhealed by our disc by 50% on occasion. It's just the mechanics, no one cares really. Way more important are things like attendance, awareness, mistake free play and doing what is necessary to beat an encounter. You do all that and your raid leaders will take notice. That said, you should see some increases in your effective output come 5.2 so be patient.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Meh, raiding is a team game. You go with the flow and do your part to help the team achieve their goal. If you want to rule meters then get out of healing and go dps (although you might want to re-roll to mage/warlock). My goal is to keep everyone standing until the boss falls over dead and contribute some damage if the situation allows. Sometimes you lead on the meters sometimes you don't, sometimes what you are able to do that doesn't show up on a raw number count is what caused the successful completion of the fight.

There is always going to be a class/spec that has an inherent numbers advantage, either you accept that "winning" the meters will be hard at the times when your spec isn't the favored one or ride the FotM re-roll coaster.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I am also going to be honest and say that I cannot stand the mushroom mechanic. Clicking, then place, place, place, then click again at some other pt. Seems like a huge amount of setup that most classes get for one click, or one click and place.

Its also just plain disruptive to the whole healing flow in my mind. I dont like having to break looking at the boss, the players, the mechanics... to figure out the right place to put the mushrooms, click a bunch, and then shepherd my raid into the right spot to use again. Maybe if it was movable or castable on a character... that would be one thing. Meh.

Try healing as a monk with nothing but awkward mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/01/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Katzfiel

Healing Sphere spam says hi.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Mushrooms and Spheres can chill out together and talk about Vanilla healing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/01/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Katzfiel
I am also going to be honest and say that I cannot stand the mushroom mechanic.

Join the club. Unfortunately for us, the current team attended "lazy game design 101".
I know, let's just recycle the clunky, unpopular boomkin mushroom mechanic!!

So now we'll have to click, click, click, then purposely overheal, wait 30 seconds, click again and hope somebody is near the mushroom.
/sigh
GC and the "team" are clearly overworked, tired or just incompetent. And don't even get me started with the current fail that is class balance. I've never seen so many nerfs/buffs and hotfixes.
Sorry guys, it's time for a change.
Edited by Tazor on 2/1/2013 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]