Rated Battleground Suspension Update

90 Human Rogue
will their gear be stripped? if not, why not cheat?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/01/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
As always, our goal is to identify cheaters while making sure people playing by the rules aren't inadvertently penalized.
This didn't work out too well. >.<

02/01/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Rainbowfluff
Hope you issue an apology with the rating restoration, I think we all deserve it.
You know this won't happen. Bungie won't do it, Activision won't do it, and Blizzard already proved they wouldn't do it when they banned the guild for discovering the saronite bomb glitch during the LK fight.

Bah, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. However, it doesn't change the fact that this sweep wasn't exactly a true success.

I find these more to be the main issues regarding the current state of pvp:

-BOTS
-Map Layouts
-Class imbalance
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 2/2/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If they did nothing, you would complain. They took action, you complain. Sure they made a mistake in some cases, they are human and they are trying to fix the situation....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You guys take rating from and ban my rank 1 multi glad on multi toons Guild Leader but let this guy slide? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Lavarain/simple

3133 rated (rank 1) Shaman with 1400 teams and an 11-7 rbg record.

Your investigations are poorly implemented to say the least...

You are liars who do NOT care about fair competition and I still see people 15-10 running around with 2400+ rating in RBG's while people I know are legit are getting slammed.

I can do a better job 10x over than what your have done so far regarding these punishments and I am not just saying that in some rage of frustration...I really...truly...absolutely could...hell, so could my 70+ year old grandmother who has never even heard of this game before.

If this Lavarain guy isn't banned after Tuesday...you and your idea of fair play are officially a complete joke and I take all other blue posts like these to be trolling and sad attempts at comedy.

Sorry, I would have been more composed and polite about this but this guy is sitting at the very top of the rbg list and hasn't been touched...come on...seriouisly?

Have a good one.

They missed bans on so many it's hard to even play this game any more.
Edited by Primetyme on 2/2/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Earlier this week, several player accounts were given short suspensions and had their ratings wiped for being involved in Rated Battleground win-trading. Upon further review, we determined that some of the players initially identified as cheating may not have purposefully participated in the exploitive behavior, and as a result, we're in the process of lifting suspensions and restoring ratings to all but the most egregious offenders. This process should be completed following the Tuesday maintenance.

As always, our goal is to identify cheaters while making sure people playing by the rules aren't inadvertently penalized. Rest assured that we'll continue to take action against players who aren't competing in the spirit of fair play.

So, once again you are excusing purposeful rule breaking because of the names involved. Poor bastards didn't want to cheat, they had no other choice!

Your rule enforcement is pathetic and you've just given a green light to anyone who can justify exploitation of game rules.

Seems to me, you owe Paragon an apology.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Kill first, ask later, just to be sure !
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
Strip gear or this is pointless
Reply Quote
The best part is you guys continously told the legit people who got banned, including myself that you are 100% sure and the ban was fail proof and only wintraders got banned, even though i never wintraded ever.

"Thank you for your continued correspondence. After an additional thorough review of the action taken against this account, we regret to inform you that we have arrived at the same conclusion and the account action will not be removed under any circumstances.

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply."

The team of investigators have made sure to avoid any false positives and we will not be overturning any of the actions taken.

So what exactly does your "investigations" involve if ultimately you guys just end up being wrong when you say you arent.
Edited by Ôó on 2/2/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Why are any of you surprised? They did this with the DC rollback exploit and blanket banned MANY people who didn't even partake including my friend. And his appeals were turned down saying its conclusive. Their investigations are a joke and don't take place at all.

Worse being the DC rollback exploit was perm account closure
Edited by Grafex on 2/2/2013 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Earlier this week, several player accounts were given short suspensions and had their ratings wiped for being involved in Rated Battleground win-trading. Upon further review, we determined that some of the players initially identified as cheating may not have purposefully participated in the exploitive behavior, and as a result, we're in the process of lifting suspensions and restoring ratings to all but the most egregious offenders. This process should be completed following the Tuesday maintenance.

As always, our goal is to identify cheaters while making sure people playing by the rules aren't inadvertently penalized. Rest assured that we'll continue to take action against players who aren't competing in the spirit of fair play.

The thousands upon thousands of bots roaming around the world and in battlegrounds hope you continue with your 'rigorous' work.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So why do they get to keep their ill gotten gains, such as gear?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
the top 5 player on the rbg ladders are win traders blizz is a damm joke!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
02/02/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Sygma
So why do they get to keep their ill gotten gains, such as gear?

Yea. only thing beter than BANNING and RESETING LEGIT players would also be to take thier gear away so they couldnt grind it back again...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/02/2013 05:28 AMPosted by Kursive
Sorry, I would have been more composed and polite about this but this guy is sitting at the very top of the rbg list and hasn't been touched...come on...seriouisly?

Keep in mind that those pages aren't updated unless the toon logs out. If he hasn't played in a while it won't get updated.
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Priest
I personally Admire Bashiok for doing what needed done. Sometimes innocents will be caught in the crossfire of taking care of the lazy people that win trade cause they're not good enough or are too lazy to compete the normal way. I personally would give them only 1 chance and then their account is frozen for the life of the game so they have to make another, and then I would freeze that one too if they were caught win trading.

I mean are you people seriously that lazy that you can't play it for real? What's the point of getting the best rating and gear if you're really no good at pvp and need to win trade to get anywhere? The ends do not justify the means in that you are in a league that you don't belong in with a fake rating and gear that you got from cheating. Is it cause you need to feel good about yourself and show people, "hey, look at my rating. I know you wanna date me now, but just wait till you look at my pvp gear, then you will swoon over me." Is it really as simple as that? You just want to have something you can show off to people? If they play against you they will know it's fake cause you have no real skill if you are just win trading, so you create a crappy house of cards for yourself and risk getting banned and all that taken away lol. I hope they ban all you win traders permanently, such a bad way to play and promotes bad sportsmanship. Go play an organized sport and see if the other team wants to win trade lol.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
I think this should be a clue to Blizzard that they need to look into a lot of their automated systems they use for banning etc. They clearly do not work. This ban wave managed to ban every player who unintentionally queued into win trade teams, while simultaneously not banning a single player who had intentionally engaged in it.

This was one of the most frustrating experienced I have ever had in regards to this game. Blizzards actions have left an entire community of players wrongfully accusing those of us who were banned. On a daily basis we now have to deal with people thinking we are win trading scum, exploiters etc all as a result of Blizzard wrongfully suspending us. Thanks for that Blizzard. Hope you issue an apology with the rating restoration, I think we all deserve it.

This. I dont care about rating anymore, did the grind in seasons 9 and 10 before trying out some other games before coming back. I play because I actually do enjoy RBGs, not as much as arena, but I still do because I get to play with more friends and chill. But now, I log in and if I decide to sport a hard earned pvp title like HotA or even just for having the T2 which I got from arena, not rbg, Im told I must have win traded or bought it or whatever. This changed how I get to play this game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Blizzard doesn't review bans at all.
Even a GM via PM told him "its not about wether it was intentional, but just that it happened, so ur banned and nothing will lift it"

What a joke this company is
I see two main problems in your friend's actions. First he (or she) posted about it on twitter. So people who did not know about this exploit (or bug) now knew about it. There is an in-game bug report if I recall that your friend could have used. In addition, I am wondering if he mentioned the guild member who spurred his curiosity.

Second, your friend gets banned and sends letters/e-mails. Truth be told my first reaction when my account was banned (after an account hijacking) was to call Blizzard to try and sort it out. The fact that I had just recovered it from the hijacking (a long wait for the CSR office to open up) helped a great deal I will admit.

I will not blindly assume your friend is guilty or innocent. I do not know them, I did not see the situation happening, I am not even on that server. I just find it strange that someone would work with letters/e-mails to deal with an account ban instead of calling and saying, "Uhm, why?" (While remaining civil regardless of how frustrating the situation is getting.)

02/02/2013 02:22 AMPosted by Mauklindaufe
You know this won't happen. Bungie won't do it, Activision won't do it, and Blizzard already proved they wouldn't do it when they banned the guild for discovering the saronite bomb glitch during the LK fight.
You mean the guild that, instead of reporting an obvious bug, continued to use it?
Edited by Conquest on 2/2/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You guys take rating from and ban my rank 1 multi glad on multi toons Guild Leader but let this guy slide? ****us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Lavarain/simple

I like that he got every rank on the same day.

02/02/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Uptowngirl
Strip gear or this is pointless

Permanent bans, imo. Let cheaters know that cheating is a lose-lose situation. Enough of this horses**t hand slapping.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]