Panda Druids

90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone else find it odd, or is disapointed we can't be Pandas? It really is bumming me out :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Honestly no. While I hold nothing against pandas IRL...I was extremely disappointed upon hearing that they would be a new race, and I find monks to be redundant at best, which have succeeded in doing nothing else but taking blizzard's time away from fixing damaged specs.

I would like to keep the druid races to what they are now. I can only imagine the rage that Malfurion felt (RP) upon learning that trolls were now openly using druidism.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I would love to use panda druids
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Druid
No,.. no and No. Just does not fit lore whatsoever and would really kill the strict race feel of druids, as if that wasn't killed enough by going from 2 races to 4.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Cmhiten
No,.. no and No. Just does not fit lore whatsoever and would really kill the strict race feel of druids, as if that wasn't killed enough by going from 2 races to 4.

Hypocrisy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Lîghtmourn
Hypocrisy

ha!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No. But to be fair, I find even some of the current classes pandas can be to be a bit of a stretch concept/lore-wise.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't understand why they can be shammys and not druids, cuz shammys requires some kind of "lore" too.

I mean, they are already bears, can you imagine the bear form activation?

Bear Form : Put your fists on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lore wise, I agree with the decision. Panda druids don't make a lot of sense.

Personally tho, I would pay money to be a panda druid!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As above mentioned WoW has a storyline that it follows. Because of this there is no Panda druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i support the panda druids.

i couldnt care less about any lore
Edited by Çç on 2/4/2013 8:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
would there be any real difference from their regular form from their bear form I wonder.....
Reply Quote
2 Human Mage
I want to see panda druids for the sole purpose of the racial from a PVE point of view. 300 extra int, spirit and agility > 1% crit, 10% haste on a 3 minute cooldown and... shadowmeld?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Druid
I don't understand why they can be shammys and not druids, cuz shammys requires some kind of "lore" too.

I mean, they are already bears, can you imagine the bear form activation?

Bear Form : Put your fists on the ground.

Well the main problem is they have no touch with the druid hero figures that help lead the creation of druids, and they have no real reason for it either. Trolls were given lore reason for becoming druids, or slightly twisting their shamanistic abilities to become druids etc. Worgen (original worgen) were created by the druids and the humans (Gilneas) were just harvesters that used slight druidic magic to help crops etc but the transformation into worgen helped enable them to further extend their druidic abilities (hence no human druids).

Also on the shaman argument, there can be slight argument made about the pandaren on the island that enabled them their shamanistic capabilities due to the fac tthat they did rely heavily on those 4 elementals during the main stages of the quests(lvl 6-9ish). Just saying.

02/04/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Lîghtmourn
Hypocrisy

Yeah you did get me on that one lol, I should of clarified myself and not miss-worded that way(which made it sound entirely against worgen/trolls). Having the Druid race choices strict gives the class a unique feel, though having it as strict as it was in Vanilla-WLK was just a little too strict in some cases. Adding these 2 races was just right(in my opinion) to enable some choice in being a druid while maintaining some race strict feel to the class. Pandaren just would help kill the feel let alone make the lore all the more confusing.

Unlike you, a lot of us do care about lore..

02/04/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Failley
... shadowmeld?

Shadowmeld is actually useful PVE wise for healer druids to help lose aggro in case they pull a mob, and if they wipe and last to survive it acts as a FD thus enabling them to res the other players. Other than that it's all bout PVP.
Edited by Cmhiten on 2/4/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
First of all, since when did Blizzard actually care about their own lore? They trample over it time and time again.

Second. it can still make sense as a concept. Pandaria has been isolated for years, they could've learned druidism much like the troll druids.

Third. how did other races become monks? they were taught. I don't see any problem with current druids teaching pandaren (if they didn't know druidism already) how to commune with nature since it pretty much fits their life style perfectly.

Fourth. druids currently have the least race/class combinations possible, this would allow druids to bring up that number closer to everyone else.

Fifth. the old 'bears can't be bears' argument and what else would their forms be. bear form would just be them reverting to a more primal state, their bear form would obviously be a panda skin. cat form would be a white tiger like the white tiger spirit at the temple. flight form would be a jade serpent. travel form and aquatic form could be a number of things. moonkin form would be a more white colored moonkin.

Sixth. if none of the other 5 reasons are good enough then please tell me how a pandaren rogue makes more sense. they're so big and not sneaky at all, just like a draeni or tauren, and like a draeni or tauren it doesnt seem very in nature of them to be like a rogue in the first place (im sure some pandaren could be outliers, but concept wise it goes against everything that pandaren are).

... shadowmeld?

Shadowmeld is actually useful PVE wise for healer druids to help lose aggro in case they pull a mob, and if they wipe and last to survive it acts as a FD thus enabling them to res the other players. Other than that it's all bout PVP.

offtopic. shadowmeld is also good for sub rogues in pve so they can restealth more often to ambush and get find weakness.
Edited by Chikatree on 2/4/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
At the present, the Panderan are a race that is only encountering the world at large for the first time. External concepts such as the Light and Druidism are alien to them.

Shamanism is a stretch, but since their culture involves a form of ancestor/spirit worship, it works. Kinda. Sorta.

Druidism would be somewhat alien for their culture, but right now just about everything they're encountering in Azeroth fits that description. I wouldn't object to them learning Druidism in the next expansion, much like the Trolls learned Loa magic comparable to Druidism for Cataclysm.

But to do so right now? Doesn't fit the story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shadowmeld is a racial, not a class ability. Panda Druids would not be able to get it.

That would be like saying if they made Panda DKs, they could get Every Man For Himself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

That's the thing about lore, there can be new lore.

Tauren Paladins, Night Elves being mages, all these people saying "No undead druids, no Panda druids because of lore" Probably would've said the same exact thing about Tauren Paladins, or Troll Druids, or Worgen Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I still say the same thing about Troll and Worgen Druids. There should only be 2 races for the Druids: Night Elves and Tauren.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Bebbit
I still say the same thing about Troll and Worgen Druids. There should only be 2 races for the Druids: Night Elves and Tauren.

If we were to follow this mindset to it's most logical conclusion, Night Elves shouldn't exist to begin with, since the first 2 warcrafts were just "Orcs and Humans" and "That's all there should be in warcraft"

as you can tell, that would be a very stupid and limiting mindset now wouldn't it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]