Unholy Death Knights!

90 Human Priest
My Death Knight is getting closer to 90 and wanted to know what DKS best stat is, Haste/Mastery gems better at the moment or pure strength gems while reforging for haste or mastery?
Edited by Evergreen on 2/4/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
No Unholy DK's to answer your question? :o If it's for PvP you can refer to my armor, or check top rated Unholy DK's in the ladder. I have no idea what the setup is in PvE. :x
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
this is a link to the 11th best pvper according to worldofwargraphs who happens to be unholy
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Razuvious/%D0%A5%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%BB/advanced
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
unless im mistaken you just linked the #1 warlock in RU

lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
PvE = hit/expertise>haste>crit>mastery

PvP = hit/expertise>mastery>haste>crit

EDIT: Follow socket bonuses.
Red = str/haste
Yellow = str/haste
Blue = str/hit

Most of the time, you'll get around the same amount of strength by following socket bonuses then if you didn't. Plus the bonus secondary stat gain.
Edited by Reknarok on 2/4/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Some unholy players like mastery stacking and less haste for harder hitting shadow damage, like reinhart does. Some unholy players like haste stacking to increase rune regen and weapon speeds. In the end, the damage comes out about the same really, it's more based on your skill level and how comfortable you are with your attacks. I find that maximizing critical strike and haste is probably the safest combination for Unholy dks unless your an experienced player like reinhart. Experiment on your own, try reforging all haste and check your dps and be aware of your performance, then try mastery and see if its more your style.
Fact is, your pet scales off haste, crit and attack power. Not mastery.
Edited by Unholydoom on 2/5/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Mastery all the way. Unholy wrecks face with easily applied diseases that can be optimized via procs and trinkets, and maintained at that optimal stage with Festering Strike, long after your CDs have run out. Of course, you may once in a while have to overwrite your Frost Fever, but Blood Plague is the one mastery buffs anyway.

Oh, pve? I'll have to defer to more knowledgeable folks on that score. I think Haste is the favorite, with Crit and then Mastery as the least desired, though I might like to see for myself sometime.
Edited by Kilmor on 2/5/2013 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]