(H) Interested in a class review/training?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Greetings all!

I am somewhat new to the server, transferring here to play with some friends. After being on server for a few weeks, doing some 5 mans, sha of fears, and pugging a member or two in our regular raids, I've noticed some unique and sometimes sub-optimal choices in gear and other things.

I think that there are some players here on the server that could do better, but are possibly being held back by a lack of what is needed to optimize their play or class. I've been playing since vanilla, and generally by the end of each expansion, I have one of each class at max level and in full raid gear. I am pretty familiar with making sense of the theorycrafting around on the web, helping players improve their play in a PVE setting, and fairly well versed on most classes. I have help several players on my main server increase their dps or hps by over 10k by some in depth examination of spells used and talent/gear choices. While its obviously not possible to achieve that type of improvement all the time, there is probably room for improvement on some players here on the server.

I'm posting here to see if there is any interest on people receiving a personal training and review session(s). I would like to see the faction's knowledge and skill base improve overall, giving a more competitive environment.

What do I get out of it? A fee, of course. Between raiding here, Raid Leading on my main progression group, and my job, I have limited time. But rather than leveling yet another alt, I figured I would give this a shot and spend my time on a more worthwhile venture, increasing your dps/hps, and my amount of gold.

Think this post is dumb? Question why would anyone want lots of competition? Why anyone would spend gold on something like this? Think you are great at your class? Don't worry, this post is not for you.

This post is for the players out there that feel like they should be doing better, but aren't. The players that try their best, but feel like they are missing something important that is holding them back from competing with people who they feel they should be competing with.

Please post here or get in touch with me on this toon if there is interest. Due to the several hours it can take to work with someone (sometimes per session), keep in mind this is not a couple hundred gold venture. Please be serious about wanting to improve.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't mind pointers, but the general mantra of BWR is "I don't give a ____". Progression here on this server is kinda...not there. It's good someone willing to up the game, but it is an uphill battle on this server.

I would have left a long time ago, but I have too many friends here and I like doing stuff with them.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 2/4/2013 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I admire your desire to help the server but

02/04/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
it is an uphill battle on this server.

^^

Edit: Actually Raven really says it all. There's a very content culture of failure and ignorance here.
Edited by Lèah on 2/4/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I was just re-reading your post. I'm surprised at myself I didn't catch it.

So...

You want US to pay YOU for feedback/critism? <snip>
Edited by Ravenhawke on 2/5/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I was just re-reading your post. I'm surprised at myself I didn't catch it.

So...

You want US to pay YOU for feedback/critism? I smell a troll.

I don't think he's trolling. I think he just doesn't understand the server.

I tried a mentor program here before. I had several players lined up to help teach the different classes and specs. We weren't going to charge a copper. We just wanted to share our love of the game and help others become better players. No one was interested.

BWR isn't about being a pro player, it's about having a good time playing a game. Maybe things are different on Doomhammer and you expect them to be the same here. *shrug* BWR is its own unique, intriguing creature and so many of us have decided to make it home, despite the less than stellar skill of the players. The people, though, are fantastic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would agree, this isn't a troll. Sometimes experienced players are actually willing to be helpful if people would actually listen; the players on BWR who listen to advice have, often, utilized their listening skills and left the server. You probably couldn't pay them gold to improve. While I sound cynical, this is the reality proven time and again on this server. /end rant

As said above, this is Blackwater Raiders - don't expect a soul to listen. To abuse your cliche guild name, you're gonna be a mad bro if you try. In any case, best of luck; perhaps the Horde players differ from the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
When I was there, people would sometimes come to me for advice. Maybe a handful listened, if that. Most of my experiences involved getting asked to help in a pug/other guild group on an alt. I remember one very typical experience in particular: a guild asked me to help teach them the Ragnaros (Normal) fight. I did my best explaining it to them, did my best to be polite and positive, criticism was done with tact and as not to embarrass anyone. Sadly, when I pointed out a pretty huge mistake one of the tanks was making (that caused multiple wipes), he began to yell at me about how I don't know a damn thing and he knows how to play his class. Things like that were NOT isolated incidents on BWR (horde side at least).

That being said, good luck to you, sir.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I won't assume troll till I see the bridge above them.

I also think this is a good idea, and as joy has said - yea, its been attempted before, Joy has done it, I have done it on alliance side with Trilby, i have seen these type of review sessions before..... heck, I have seen it in my own guild nearing mid Cataclysm.

I will agree with Smight, you may meet resistance / defiance. However, if you approach the topic in a humble fashion, and are sincere with your intentions of bettering the realm as a whole VS meeting some other ends, Then yea, I fully support the idea.

I have my own reservations about what is keeping this Realm back in terms of raiding, and its not so much the matter of Player capabilities, it is about the suckering root system we call Population / guild ratio.

Good on you for making an effort towards getting our server out of our rut. And dont listen to anyone on their inclination to hate because you want fiscal compensation for your time -- if they cant figure out that Time = Money . . . . They should probably be more concerned about Other things than this.
Reply Quote
You don't wait for people to ask you for advice, you force it upon them in a way that they don't know you're doing it.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

People listen very well to their own ideas, you just have to convince them that your advice is their own idea.

The above method is not well suited to making gold though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Horde scum
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Alliance filth
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would agree, this isn't a troll. Sometimes experienced players are actually willing to be helpful if people would actually listen; the players on BWR who listen to advice have, often, utilized their listening skills and left the server. You probably couldn't pay them gold to improve. While I sound cynical, this is the reality proven time and again on this server. /end rant

As said above, this is Blackwater Raiders - don't expect a soul to listen. To abuse your cliche guild name, you're gonna be a mad bro if you try. In any case, best of luck; perhaps the Horde players differ from the Alliance.

hi you're a qt

do i know you from somewhere ;o

02/05/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Abreen
People listen very well to their own ideas, you just have to convince them that your advice is their own idea.

http://bit.ly/14Cvi1e
Edited by Thel on 2/5/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
the problem with posting a thread offering review and training in exchange for gold is twofold:

1) If they are willing to accept your help, that implies that they acknowledge that they are in need of help, which is the step that most BWR players fail on. The typical BWR player makes the assumption that they know how to play perfectly fine, and anyone who disagrees with them is just an elitist who doesn't see the big picture.

2) The information you have is not only readily available online--anyone who is interested in learning how to play this game already has done so--but it is also redundant. You learn to play your class by levelling up particularly well. World of Warcraft isn't rocket surgery.

If you get any fish to bite, that's great and I hope you succeed. I tried to take a hand at improving the realm directly by offering an alt run that was supposed to be geared toward inexperienced, shy players who were intimidated by raids, but it ended up turning into noxn&co who don't exactly need help by any means. I didn't really get much in the way of what I was hoping to get out of the group because the problem with blackwater raiders is a lack of ambition on the part of the small population it has.
Edited by Ellouelle on 2/5/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
watch out, demz fightin werds round HEAH
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Thel
watch out, demz fightin werds round HEAH

for some reason I cannot fathom a Belf Speaking like that ((Imagined with a Deep southern accent))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"be careful mein leetle spatz. zis is vords of ze fighting."

better? I think the monocle does it justice
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"be careful mein leetle spatz. zis is vords of ze fighting."

better? I think the monocle does it justice

like the gentle Ringing of the Voice of an angel. <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
:3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blackhowl think OP's guild name counterproductive to providing actual advice without sounding condescending. That just Blackhowl's thoughts though. Blackhowl wish OP the best, even though Blackhowl think OP could do better job by forming PUGs in General instead and holding free & open "classes" in actual raid environment, thereby increasing more player skill at the same time as providing an excellent avenue into entry-level raiding.

But like Blackhowl said, just Blackhowl's own thoughts. Blackhowl unwilling to do PUG classes because Blackhowl hate most people and wish to kill them with swords and axes and other stabby slashy things.

Best of luck, OP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think Blackhowl has a Fancy for someone.....

I just think this cuz at no point did Blackhowl mention any physical flaws (IE: Puny arms, Leggy legs, or talks too much) and he even wished them well. Our Little Blackhowl has a crush.

So cute!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]