Elemental shaman are weak in PvP.

90 Draenei Shaman
Wow... I see you laughing at the guys idea's but I don't see what you're laughing at. I actually like what he's saying up there.

None of it is OP, it just gives Shamans more CC. I get where he's coming from, lord knows locks get every fear under the sun LOL why not give us a few stuns, a little extra fire power, quicker cast times and shorter CDs?

02/10/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Rude
LIGHTNING BOLT: Instant cast, no longer needs Glyph of Unleash Lightning to move and cast

This is just a Shaman version of Ice Lance.. I think thats cool.

EARTH SHOCK: Damage inceased by 30%, Weaken Blows now reduces enemy damage by 50% up from 10% and now has a 50% chance to make your next Elemental Blast an instant cast.

Why not let Earth Shock Proc EB and Slow people? Warriors and DKs can insto charge and Deathgrip all they want...

WINDSHEAR: Interrupts spellcasting for 6 seconds up from 3 seconds

I don't see a problem with this...

SPIRIT WALKERS GRACE: Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds down from 2 mins.

That would be really cool.

TREMOR TOTEM: Now lasts 10 seconds up from 6 and the cooldown reduced to 15 seconds down from 1 minute.

This would give us a way to prevent the triple dip Fears and those ridiculous Charms.

STORMLASH TOTEM: Cooldown reduced to 45 seconds down from 5 minutes and lasts 25 seconds.

I don't use this enough to know... but lowering a CD from 5 mins to 45 secs.. I don't see the problem...

So please explain to me just what you're laughing at or are you just attacking someones idea's on forums to be rude? Don't hate on someone cause they're actually trying to help us out.

I think this guys got good ideas here.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Lucyana
This is just a Shaman version of Ice Lance.. I think thats cool.
And the damaged would be nerfed for ele and make maelstrom weapon(for enhance) almost useless except to heal...

E: Although I do agree with Unleashed Lightning being baseline and not the glyph it is now.

I don't see a problem with this...
Except it would give it a 36 second cd to keep it on par with other interrupts...

That would be really cool.
And it would give us 1-2 seconds of use at best to keep it from going overboard.

This would give us a way to prevent the triple dip Fears and those ridiculous Charms.
And would break it to be completely OP in negating other classes cc completely.

I don't use this enough to know... but lowering a CD from 5 mins to 45 secs.. I don't see the problem...
You also don't see how powerful it is with some classes then...

Don't hate on someone cause they're actually trying to help us out.
This isn't helping, this is trying to break our spec to be OP when we need more balance.
Edited by Vaulttwo on 2/10/2013 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't see him trying to break it i see him trying to correct things that Ele shaman are COMPLETELY over whelmed in PVP on... now Mechanics wise ok so he's off.. but the idea's are sound... thats all I'm saying.. I don't think he's trying to make us OP, just competative.

I see all the things he's brought up and understand where he's coming from. Thats all.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
So please explain to me just what you're laughing at or are you just attacking someones idea's on forums to be rude? Don't hate on someone cause they're actually trying to help us out.

This isn't "helping", this is "dreaming". Lightning Bolt being instant is nothing like Ice Lance. Compare damage between the two, Ice Lance hits for absolutely nothing if the target is not frozen.

ES giving a 50% damage reduction is absurd considering Weakened Blows lasts for 30 seconds.

Wind Shear interrupting for 6 seconds is ridiculously overpowered considering its current, already shorter cooldown.

Spiritwalker's Grace: What would be the purpose to even use this, since LB, sometimes LvB, and even EB would be instant? A 20 second cooldown with a 20 second duration? There's absolutely no logic behind this ability even existing anymore.

Tremor Totem being actively pulsing 66% of the time? An utter fantasy.

I think you grossly underestimate Stormlash's damage. I know that this is a PvP thread but the ramifications of these obviously hallucinogenically induced changes would absolutely break the game in PvE. Stormlash Totem did 40 million damage to Sha of Fear this week for us, and that was with 3 shamans dropping them, at most, 3 times each, 5 minutes apart. To have 100% uptime on Stormlash with no more than 2 shamans would trivialize every encounter they could ever create.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/10/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Vaulttwo
And the damaged would be nerfed for ele and make maelstrom weapon(for enhance) almost useless except to heal...

I also think he's coming from purely an Elemental persective so I wouldn't throw Enhanced into this mix.. looking at it I think this was all about Elemental.

On top of that I'm seeing alot of what other classes doing Broken as well negating a large chunk of Elemental skills.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Lucyana
I also think he's coming from purely an Elemental persective so I wouldn't throw Enhanced into this mix.. looking at it I think this was all about Elemental.
And therein lies another issue. Shaman are notoriously famous for the nerfs we take when the devs try to balance out just one of our specs...case in point, the recent silence change.

So even coming from a purely ele stand point, we have to consider what could happen to our other specs since they keep them fairly intertwined. Our situation sucks but it's what we have to deal with until the dev's find a way to separate the trees more so there's less interaction between them.
Edited by Vaulttwo on 2/10/2013 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Except it would give it a 36 second cd to keep it on par with other interrupts...

counterspell...? spell lock....?
Edited by Sensations on 2/10/2013 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Sensations
counterspell...? spell lock....?
Ahh my bad I retract that one, thought they were both 24/4.

Was 6 in the morning, and didn't remember those right. :P
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
It's still a stupid suggestion.
Reply Quote
Our spec doesnt need more damage, The damage we put out is actually borderline OP. We just need survivability buffs.

This all just sucks because i absolutely love playing Elemental and this is the spec i've always played the best. I even managed 2k a couple of times as it. If we just had some minor tweaking the spec would be great.

It also blows no one will take me for RBGS..
Reply Quote
95 Troll Shaman
I know, I know QQ, whatever... I'm just tired of the bull now... stop giving candy to the children to shut us up and ACTUALLY HELP US... this is an appeal to the DEVS who give a crap.

Luciphur great " RANT " you hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. The above totems are great ideas too. Placing them while stunned would be nice as well, why ? seem to spend more time staring at my feet than playing. Maybe we can get some advantage coming outta stun if there is such a thing .

We need some love !
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
These are a couple of the ideas that i came up with that are similar to the god setup that the other guy posted, yet a little more on the meh i could see that working side of things.

SUGGESTIONS:

1) Thunderstorm : Knocks back the target 20+ yrds and stuns or paralyzes in place with lightning for 3 sec.

2) Fulmination : In addition to its current effects, will stun a player for X seconds per stack of lightning shield above 1. (max of 6 sec stun, same DR as similar effects)

3) Spiritwalker's Grace : For the first 6 sec while active you are immune to silence effects. (yes i know resto already has this but we need to make it for all specs)

4) Shields : While water shield is active the shaman takes 15% less damage from all sources. While lightning shield is active the shaman can cast lightning bolt while moving and increases damage of nature spells by 15%. (similar enhancement to shadow form or moonkin form)
Earth Shield reduces damage taken by 10% in addition to current effects (Rsham only class in game without a castable damage prevention/reduction on others).

5) New Set bonus Rsham : Spirit Wolf Form, casting GW form breaks all snare and immobilizing effects.

6) Ghost wolf : Prevents the shaman from being slowed to less then 100% movement speed. (Dont care if this is a glyph)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
After playing on the PTR a bit, I think eles will be much better off next season. I wish shamanistic rage was usable while silenced (so when rogues get buffed next patch we don't die in a smokebomb opener) but at least we're finally getting a defensive cool down.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm down with Luci *hehe* on this one...

We need some stuns... the Damage is Nice and if you read his post you'll see he's not down on
the entire spec. its mainly to give Ele's escapablity...

Give us the stuns and a lil more silence and we'll be viable for Arena's and strong in BGs. Like I said the guy isn't trying to make us OP just competative against other classes that are OP and CC heavy.

Props to Luciphur keep thinking and giving suggestions... I think you're on to something.

All the number crunching in the world isn't going to save us without giving us viable options.
People need to give suggestions as much as reasons why an idea is wrong. Help tweak the idea and make them actually work... DEVS might just pay attention if we give them a little help in the idea's catagory other than just shouting about whats wrong.

We pay their salaries, we're the reason this game is what it is... We should be able to contribute to designs in a small way. *And not just idea's from Elitests.*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally think Astral Shift would be relly nice if it Reduced all damage by 100% fo 15secs and removed all movement impairing effects.... but hey thats me.

Its no where near as pwoerful as Pally invincible Bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LAVA BURST: Automactically spreads Flame Shock to all near by Enemies doing initial damage the same as it would if was being applied directly from the Shaman. NEW EFFECT: THIRD DEGREE BURNS, victims of Lava Burst recieve sever burns causing them to suffer for the remaining duration of the applied FLAME SHOCK increasing the Flame Shocks tick damage by 200%.

ELEMENTAL BLAST: Damage increased by 20%, cooldown decreased by 2 seconds, Mastery, Haste or Critical Strike effect increased to 12 seconds (up from 8).NEW EFFECT: SHELL SHOCK, Elemental Blast has a 50% chance to cause instant Fulmination without needing a full seven charges.

02/10/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Luciphur
CHAIN LIGHTNING: Now slows enemy movement by 20% and stacks 5 times. Each Stack lasts 3 seconds once 5 stacks are applied the target is rooted for 8 seconds.

ASENDANCE: While transformed the Shaman is immune to stuns, silences, polymorphs, fears, movement impairing effects and all other disruptions.THUNDERSTORM: Damage increased by 250%, cooldown reduced to 15 seconds down from 45 seconds.NEW EFFECT: ELECTRIC SHOCK, the jolt from Thunderstorm stuns the enemy for 8 seconds and reduces movement speed by 70% for 10 seconds after the stun ends.EARTHQUAKE: No longer does damage, Instant cast knocks down all enemies in the quake radius, prevents all movement and spellcasting for 8 seconds. 15 second cooldown.

These are my favorites... The guys got good ideas.

CAPACITOR TOTEM: Removed, repleaced by CAPACITOR SHIELD.

CAPACITOR SHEILD: Gathers electricity from the air around the Shaman to form a electrical shield that absorbs 120,000 damage. Once the shield expires it explodes and stuns all enemies within a 10 yard radius for 8 seconds. Lasts 1 minute.

And this is just down right Cool as Hell... I can image being able to pop a shield stun some cats and bail out and get a little breathing room.

Sorry man, this guys seriously on to something here.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Lucyana
I'm down with Luci *hehe* on this one...

02/10/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Lucyana
Props to Luciphur keep thinking and giving suggestions... I think you're on to something.
Course you would be since you're the same person...wish I had caught onto that this morning.

02/10/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Lucyana
Sorry man, this guys seriously on to something here.
And now you're just getting further and further into that creepy agree with yourself on an alt thing.
Edited by Vaulttwo on 2/10/2013 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]