Elemental shaman are weak in PvP.

100 Troll Shaman
I personally think Astral Shift would be relly nice if it Reduced all damage by 100% fo 15secs and removed all movement impairing effects.... but hey thats me.

Its no where near as pwoerful as Pally invincible Bubble.

Astral Shift Idea is nice however once the impairing effects are removed there should be a 6 sec immunitiy . I also belive the pvp trinket should have that effect as well. Other than the stats that thing is a waste of honor, whole different forum.
Reply Quote
I was excited for the new changes on PTR however after playing there all weekend as elemental I was highly disapointed. The class is still not very viable at all when focused and most casters just simply outclass us by far still (mage , sp, warlock).

I was still trained. silenced and stunned and even though our survivability was increased slighlty we are still unable to create offensive pressure or seperation. We now just take slighlty longer to kill as we stand there unable to do anything.

As always if you can free cast from max distance you can blow someone up. However no one lets you do this as we are to tasty of a traget to ignore.

By the way Rogues are back, kill you very quickly, and you are unable to do anything at all once again.

Simply put they need to give us back our ability to drop totems whiles silenced and seperate our shocks from the same cool down.

I still see no reason at all to play any other spec besides resto. This is also disheartening because we have dropped down even further on the heal ladder as Disc priests are the new hotness in PVP and have survivability we cannot come close to.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
02/11/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Zinj
The class is still not very viable at all when focused

Isn't that the point of focusing? To kill someone?
Reply Quote
"Isn't that the point of focusing? To kill someone? "

Yes, however some classes are easier to do this with and right now Shaman happen to be it. When you can shut one class down completely from putting out any significant pressure youve all but won. Shaman are very easily controlled and tunneled.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I think that stems from a concern they've already admitted to regarding the control that some classes have. I don't think stuns and the like suggested in this thread will fix that though. It just becomes an arms race at that point, who can stun more. They just need to take control away from other classes, not give it out to the victim classes that don't have much of it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I agree with rude however, shaman being the only caster class with reasonable escape methods or a decent amount of defenses. The shaman class is only decent as resto cause our spike healing we can do due to mastery, other then that we can get rolled by almost all melee and pretty much every caster. Unlike the other hybrids or hard casters we dont compare in escape mechanisms or defensive ability. FFS Resto's major CD's can be stopped by auto attack, with the exception of ascendance + SWG which takes a dispel. This dispel can almost be done by half the melee and almost all casters.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
02/11/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Aperion
Unlike the other hybrids

I see people using Hybrid all the time Shamans are not Hybrids. The definition of a Hybrid is a class that can fill all roles(Dps-Tank-Heals) right now there are only 3 hybrids in the game Druid Paladin and Monk. Please dont say that because you can heal or DPS your a hybrid because that would Imply that DKs warriors are hybrids cuz they can Tank and DPS.

That said Shaman lack Mobility. We have to hard cast everything and our only 2 spamable spells are Lightning bolt and chain lightning and they do very weak dmg compared to other spells like Arcane shot,Ice lance,fel flame,moonfire ect.

That and we have Very low CC. Hex and roots thats it Thunderstorm is LOL since most classes can just get right back to ya without losing sight of you or dmg. And our stun is the WEAKEST stun ib the game takes too much setup for little reward compared to other classes.

we have hardly ANY way of getting away from enemies. Mages have blink,ice block,Invisibility. Druids have shapeshift,sprint,Displacer beast. Warlocks have Portal,Gateway,Demonic leap.

The BIGGEST problem is when we get silenced. Silence might as well be another stun for us we can do nothing. And some classes get two silence so not much we can do against them but stand there and Die.

there is WAY too much to cover but long story short Elem needs a Total revamp. We our outdated and out classed by too many classes today.

Gonna get some hate but just my opinion FLAME ON!
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
02/11/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Gaijinbo
The definition of a Hybrid is a class that can fill all roles(Dps-Tank-Heals) right now there are only 3 hybrids in the game Druid Paladin and Monk.
That's your definition of the only hybrids.

Unfortunately any class that can fill more than one role is a Hybrid. So that means priests, warriors, death knights, and shaman all fit the actual meaning of being a hybrid because they can fill more than one role.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hybrid_class - Important part of this article being : Blizzard consider hybrids to be any class that has two or more functions that they can spec for.

That being said with the silences issues, yes its a problem and I have to agree with Rude when he stated :

02/11/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Rude
I think that stems from a concern they've already admitted to regarding the control that some classes have. I don't think stuns and the like suggested in this thread will fix that though. It just becomes an arms race at that point, who can stun more. They just need to take control away from other classes, not give it out to the victim classes that don't have much of it.
Blizzard needs to cut back on the control other classes have.

Not saying we don't need a few tweaks in there, but a good chunk of improvement would come from limiting control. However one of the things I've seen mentioned would be making the glyph of ghost wolf baseline. That may be a minor help as well.

Actually that was a friend of my Brothers etc...
Yup, never heard that before. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
02/11/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Lucyana
Actually that was a friend of my Brothers.. not me... thats why I could agree with him. He posted on my account LOL (granted I don't know I don't know him well) But I do agree with his ideas and he does play a Ele Sham.

Sharing accounts is a EULA violation.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
02/11/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Vaulttwo
Blizzard needs to cut back on the control other classes have.

every silence nerf every CC nerf has been removed in 5.2 cuz of the QQ. its not gonna happen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Interesting ideas, but like a previous poster said, its not so much our damage as it is our ability to survive, and with the likely increase in the number of the best ele shaman killer, rogues, we will again be eaten alive fairly frequently. I like some of the changes, but we will not be a R1 class this season yet again......

So rerolling hunter.................
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
If all specs should be viable in PvP Arcane mages are way ahead of Elemental Shaman in the line.

If you want special treatment because you play a hybrid, sorry.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have a couple shammies, different realms, different specs and levels. The silence nerf was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I love this class, it is by far my favorite class in game. The love I have for this class is what kept me interested in the game.

Since this nerf, I have not logged in the game. My husband still plays at times however he constantly reminds me that WoW is just not the same for him. We were best buddies in game, just as we are in life. For us WoW is a place to relax and have fun outside of work and all the chaos of everyday life. For us WoW was never about winning. For us WoW is about family time and fun. Playing mostly on pvp realms, stunned and standing while other classes destroy me is just not my idea of fun.

In the 6 years I played, my husband and I had some epic adventures. No game anywhere comes close in comparrison to WoW. It is hands down the best game ever, that said, it would be nice if this communities concerns were addressed however, I have resigned myself to the fact that all of these suggestions and complaints just fall on deaf ears.

Good luck to all that continue to play the class, you need it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
If all specs should be viable in PvP Arcane mages are way ahead of Elemental Shaman in the line.

Yes when Arcane has to hardcast 99.9% of thier spells has no shields,Ice Block,Blink,Blanket silence,and Ranged Instant Stun then you can come back and talk to us.

For right now Arcane is better spec than Elem by a long shot.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
02/13/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Gaijinbo
Yes when Arcane has to hardcast 99.9% of thier spells has no shields,Ice Block,Blink,Blanket silence,and Ranged Instant Stun then you can come back and talk to us.

Do you even know what you're saying?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
I'm guessing, no.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

For right now Arcane is better spec than Elem by a long shot.

lol

Unlike you, I actually have 90s that I PvP with of both Shaman and Mage....and monk and lock and warrior and rogue and druid...

Unless you play the classes you whine about, you are forever whining from a position of ignorance.

Arcane mages have it better...heh. I needed a good laugh today.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
lolUnlike you, I actually have 90s that I PvP with of both Shaman and Mage....and monk and lock and warrior and rogue and druid...Unless you play the classes you whine about, you are forever whining from a position of ignorance.Arcane mages have it better...heh. I needed a good laugh today.

Um I have 90s that I PvP with.saying mages are weak when they are the most OP class in the game makes me Laugh thank you.
02/13/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Rude
Do you even know what you're saying?

Do you? Mages have better survival than us Better stuns Silence. Can you sit there and say that we have instant spam spells like mages? No I thought not.Our Burst is LOL compared to most ranged classes thats if we can get it off through the Long Hardcast and Silence,Interrupt,Stun,Fear chain that almost EVERY class has. Name one Class that gets ALL thier abilities locked out from a silence. Thats right you cant except Elem Shaman.

I have been elemental since Day one I dont jump on the FOTM band wagon like most shamans did.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Class that loses all abilities when silenced...

Hmm....

Priest?

Mages can use one ability while silenced (iceblock)

Warlocks lose all abilities except pets while silenced. Of course, elemental shaman have pets too.

And the argument was against all specs made viable.

Try an ARCANE mage in PvP. Not frost, not fire. See how well the mage toolkit works for you as arcane. Have you tried it? I have.
Edited by Needcpr on 2/13/2013 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]