Polymorph health resets?

90 Undead Mage
Let me rephrase this ... our health does not regenerate with enemy fears and stuns, why should our polymorph give free health?
Edited by Shaleh on 2/6/2013 3:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Polymorph is supposed to heal the target. That's what the spell description says.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yes, but it used to not to it seemed or maybe I didn't notice. What is the purpose of CC if it's healing the enemy?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I think Poly was intended to be an opener, hence the heal is probably there as a 'nerf' to deter the mage from spamming it mid-combat without consequence.

That said, the state of CCs has changed over the expansions, and Poly should have the heal-component removed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/06/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Dactylion
spamming it mid-combat without consequence.

blood fear and cyclone come to mind
Reply Quote
Different class, different spell, different effect. hurr durr.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Marìo
Different class, different spell, different effect. hurr durr.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's the way it has always been, I even use it in duels sometimes on spell reflects if the warrior got the jump on me.

Further homogenization of the game isn't a good thing, let it be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's the way it has always been, I even use it in duels sometimes on spell reflects if the warrior got the jump on me.

Further homogenization of the game isn't a good thing, let it be.

That sounds good at first.. but they will usually charge right after. I might try that a few times rather then getting rid of the reflect with ice lance lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/06/2013 05:21 AMPosted by Bravadó

02/06/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Hottnfrosty
That sounds good at first.. but they will usually charge right after. I might try that a few times rather then getting rid of the reflect with ice lance lol
Think outside of the Polymorph... Warrior has you on the run and health isn't in a great place, Frost Nova the Warrior, wait for Spell Reflect, Polymorph yourself, regain health to 100% while he stands rooted because most Warriors forget about Heroic Throw/Throw, profit.

Same thing can be done with a Druid's Cyclone to keep the Warrior from training on them.
Edited by Yuna on 2/6/2013 6:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I wonder why the level 90 polymorph talents didn't make it through beta, all of them were interesting. Sickly polymorph greatly reduced the amount of healing from poly, double poly let u sheep 2 targets at once but the 2nd poly was only half duration. I can't even remember what the 3rd poly talent was.

edit: oh yeah 3rd talent was heavy poly where poly stunned when breaking for 2 seconds or something like that
Edited by Foamy on 2/6/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Sickly Polymorph in beta was going to change this, but they went away from it
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I wonder why the level 90 polymorph talents didn't make it through beta, all of them were interesting. Sickly polymorph greatly reduced the amount of healing from poly, double poly let u sheep 2 targets at once but the 2nd poly was only half duration. I can't even remember what the 3rd poly talent was.

edit: oh yeah 3rd talent was heavy poly where poly stunned when breaking for 2 seconds or something like that
Probably because they didn't offer anything to PVE mages... Those would have been way more interesting though...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well the talents they added for pve mages are hated for the most part
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hated, but usable in raids...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
well I could see Double Poly Definately usable in pve, guess it aint pve unless it makes u see bigger numbers
Edited by Foamy on 2/6/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bring back Sickly Polymorph plz
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vex
I agree with the health regen of Poly being taken away, its an old and stupid mechanic that doesnt apply to any other CC.

Poly should work just like Hex, which is basically the same spell. Hex is an improved Poly, no health regen and does not always break on damage.
Edited by Xirrohon on 2/6/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
To preface, I haven't raided since WotLK, so I have no clue about new raid mechanics/encounters. but i'm thinking more raiding and bosses. The Sheep 90 talents wouldn't assist in a 30 minute boss encounter. The only other 90 talents that seem like that are DKs, with possibly the exception of Desecrated Ground to remove loss of control effects which may or may not be useful in a raid, again not sure.

Just assuming that if those talents went live mages would be bothered that they don't get to use their 90 talents in any way during a boss encounter. Now they get (have) to use them every 10-25 seconds.

The sheep talents would have been way more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Poly should work just like Hex, which is basically the same spell. Hex is and improved Poly, no health regen and is not garaunteed to break on damage.
Absolutely not basically the same spell... If you compare poly to hex, you may as well compare poly to fear or any other CC... Those two examples for your comparison are pretty huge differences on top of still being able to control your player in a hex as well as the 35-45 seconds CD on it.

One of the biggest benefits to poly is that they wander in a tight area which can play out great with RNG for other CCs. Essentially maximizing the time that player you're CCing is in the poly before applying a new CC such as playing a ring around the poly and the poly wandering in it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]