Iritha's Casserole Surprise - Healer OT

Name pending...

The Rules:

1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Titles of previous OT threads:
Practical's Donuts
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Kaels' Mac'n'cheese
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Scootles' Spaghetti
Gumshoe's Samosas
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Harpoa's Haggis
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Eiko's Lazy Pepperoni Rolls
Feyatia's Mussamun Curry
Nerfheals' Nefarious Nourishment
Icecreamsoup's Frozen Soup
Fluffy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew
Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein
Dayani's Delicious Desserts
Skootalloo's Steak Surprise
Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake
Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes
Iritha's Casserole Surprise

This is our home, let's keep it nice!

Healer IRC: http://outofmana.me/healchat/
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the surprise?

Riôt
90 Tauren Priest
What's the surprise?

Edit:

DAMN IT RIOT!
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 2/6/2013 1:58 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
[Announcer Voice] The surprise is an all expense paid trip to the Washroom!!

Yes, The Washroom, complete with your own personal sink and even Toilet.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Milkmesoftly
DAMN IT RIOT!

That almost looks like a sig...

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Mage
What's the surprise?

Edit:

DAMN IT RIOT!

I THOUGH THAT TOO WHEN IS SAW THE TITLE!
100 Tauren Shaman
Oh wow, I didn't realize we'd capped that quickly.
So I'm at the doctors right now and there's a girl next to me that has Tourette's and its not the funny kind :/ it's actually incredibly awkward.
90 Tauren Priest
Roth...No Tourettes is the funny kind. Do you really think it's amusing to them to be unable to have complete control of themselves?
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Milkmesoftly
Roth...No Tourettes is the funny kind. Do you really think it's amusing to them to be unable to have complete control of themselves?

Yeahhhh ....

Anyways, I've gone into uber organize mode for the podcast :3 SO MANY PRETTY COLORFUL PENS.
100 Tauren Druid
So can anyone give me a short list of pros and cons of 25 man raids, especially from a Raid Leader/Healer point of view? With the change to loot in Thunder King, and the fact that my guild has had to pug 2 or more DPS for the last few weeks, and the other guilds I do things with are facing similar circumstances (several of us pug our alts in their raids), I am wondering if it would be viable not to merge guilds, but merge raid teams for 5.2. Maybe I am spoiled by 25 mans in WotLK and LFR, but it seemed like there was slightly more room for error in everything but tanking, and that it would make sense since all three guilds have DPS issues right now.

We would have to sort out healers and tanks, but I know both the tanks in my guild would love to DPS, and one of the tanks in one of the other guilds heals for us on our runs, so the 1-2 tanks 5-6 healers would actually be the easy part of the logistics.

I just hate dealing with the attendance boss every week. :(
There is to a funny kind. A kid at my school has it. It's actually quite comical if they take it the right way.
90 Blood Elf Mage
^ No.

So can anyone give me a short list of pros and cons of 25 man raids, especially from a Raid Leader/Healer point of view? With the change to loot in Thunder King, and the fact that my guild has had to pug 2 or more DPS for the last few weeks, and the other guilds I do things with are facing similar circumstances (several of us pug our alts in their raids), I am wondering if it would be viable not to merge guilds, but merge raid teams for 5.2. Maybe I am spoiled by 25 mans in WotLK and LFR, but it seemed like there was slightly more room for error in everything but tanking, and that it would make sense since all three guilds have DPS issues right now.

We would have to sort out healers and tanks, but I know both the tanks in my guild would love to DPS, and one of the tanks in one of the other guilds heals for us on our runs, so the 1-2 tanks 5-6 healers would actually be the easy part of the logistics.

I just hate dealing with the attendance boss every week. :(

We recently went to 25man and have had some problems with attendance :P

BUT, the fights seem easier (although we're working on normals sooo) and plus more loot. Personally I prefer 10 over 25. And when we do have to pug they seem to have no real affect on anything if they're DPS is low. Just seems like there's more room for error. If you lose a few DPS it's not as big of a deal when someone dies in 10man.

I used to heal a progression 25man guild and I didn't mind it. We kept a chat channel for healers so we could assign things on our own without having to discuss it over vent or in raid chat.

If the people you're merging with and your current team have no problems with probably have to swap specs it should make the transition easier.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I miss 25 mans.

In other news...
OMG SQUEEEEEEEEE I need a new monopoly set. They have a CAT!
Edited by Winnifred on 2/6/2013 5:05 PM PST
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/180f95/what_is_your_best_dont_knock_it_till_you_try_it/c8ajdce

This is the nicest comment chain I have ever seen, it totally made my day.

I thought I'd share it with my fellow healers.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Pipi - I've done both as Hard Mode progression, and I'll give you my own viewpoints/experiences from that perspective. Regarding Normal Modes, it's really only the logistics that are more difficult in 25m.

Where 10m is harder:

1) If someone doesn't show, lags, dc's, fails, or dies, it's a much bigger deal.
2) The depth of your bench, and the diversity options of your comp are more important.
3) Personal responsibility is overall more important.
4) The percentage of the raid group that can be carried is much smaller.
5) Maintaining a solid bench is more difficult.

Where 25m is harder:

1) Getting 25 (28-30, really) good raiders to reliably show up on time, ready to win.
2) Positioning and mechanics rely on 25, not 10, in the same space. Think about that.
3) Damage tends to be tuned tighter, and mechanics errors tend to be less forgiving.
4) More loot, but the potential for loot drama tends to be higher.
5) Overall coordination and focus of 25 people vs. 10.
6) PC performance - average machines can struggle on the 25m raid size. This matters.

I don't mean to knock 10m raiders, or denigrate their accomplishments in any way, but in my experience, 10m is significantly easier than 25m when pushing HM progression. Pipi, you say that all 3 groups have DPS problems...this is only going to magnify in 25m. In my opinion, you would be better off taking the best 12-15 from those groups, and running a 10m from that roster.

I didn't exactly answer your question the way you asked, so if you have any questions, or want me to explain anything I've said further, let me know. Looking at my list, I did cover both Raid Leading, and Healing, but perhaps not as specifically as you might like, so feel free to ask.

Riôt
90 Gnome Priest
SUPER QUICK:

What the hell do I do on Tsulong as Holy? Sanc for Night and Serenity for day?

EDIT: Yeah, about looks that way. PoH spam in Night, GHeal spam in Day. Guardian Spirit the first Sun Breath, keep Renew rolling (is the amplified healing from Sun Breath maintained for Serenity's Renew refresh?), HW:Serenity - Cascade - Flash Heal spam for each Sun Breath.
Edited by Skootalloo on 2/6/2013 9:08 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yay. Heroic blade lord down.

Our raid night was left with 8 minutes to spare facing h. garalon with 0 prep.
I wanted to end the night on a high note, so while the officers where deciding what to do I ran in and hit halo then body and soul sprinted my fanny the heck out of dodge. Dispersed and lived after the boss had killed a couple of our raid team and scared everyone else pretty well. Logged off vent cackling maniacally to a chorus of "WINNI!!!!!" and groans.
100 Draenei Shaman
SUPER QUICK:

What the hell do I do on Tsulong as Holy? Sanc for Night and Serenity for day?

EDIT: Yeah, about looks that way. PoH spam in Night, GHeal spam in Day. Guardian Spirit the first Sun Breath, keep Renew rolling (is the amplified healing from Sun Breath maintained for Serenity's Renew refresh?), HW:Serenity - Cascade - Flash Heal spam for each Sun Breath.

You've probably already figured this out, but no, refreshed Renew does not retain the healing buff. :P
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Dayani IRC I want your real id and figured posting it someplace public isn't ideal.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]