Iritha's Casserole Surprise - Healer OT

I'm so used to applying Wild Growth when one or two people have taken damage and I know that more people will take more damage during the duration, but then Wild Growth just wouldn't apply. A few times, I cast Wild Growth and only had it apply to the tank, and then the rest of the group took damage one second later. Very annoying.

Actually, you shouldn't do this. Wild Growth is very front-loaded, so by casting it before people take damage, you are losing most of the healing and, as you noted, risking it landing on the wrong targets. In the case you described, I would put a Rejuve on the one or two people who need it, and save Wild Growth for when 3 or more actually take damage. Ideally, one of those Rejuve targets will set you up for a nice Swiftmend/Efflo once the damage hits. If you have the gear and mana regen to handle it, put a Rejuve on everyone who may be soon taking damage, including the BM hunter pet, if you are feeling generous, then Swiftmend the one in the best position for Efflo.

In other words, as a druid, Wild Growth is your best reactive heal, and Rejuve is your best pro-active one.

It's mostly because I was in a 5 man and I was really bored. Also, I just switched my talent to Soul of the Forest and so I wanted to Swiftmend -> Wild Growth as much as I can just to play around with it.

If I really need the healing, then I would save it for when people are taking damage, you're right. Thanks for the advice;.

My bad, Flintte, I misspoke a bit - I meant 25m Mistweavers. In 10m, reliably keeping RM on 6/10 shouldn't be an issue, regardless of whether or not it's glyphed.

In 25m, I want my RM's to stay where I put them, and the glyph just completely wrecks that plan. RM is a HoT, and we all know what happens to HoT's, right? So, I'm left with the choice of RM jumping who knows where (to probably get sniped), or I can keep them mostly in the melee, which is where I want them. I'll stop there, unless you want to know why.

Ah I see. My MW is still leveling (82, almost there!), so my only experience is in 5 mans, where it's extremely easy to have Renewing Mist spread to everybody. I didn't think about raid situations where you would want to have more control over where it spreads.
Edited by Flintte on 2/11/2013 11:19 AM PST
90 Tauren Priest
Post for Episode 5 is up!

/flail!
90 Draenei Shaman
Patch is coming very soon I think:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452/Preparing_to_Kill_a_King-2_11_2013

This makes me want to punch things:

That's disappointing :/

At least the article makes a point of mentioning that the Prismatic Socket you get via completing Stage 2 of the Wrathion questline will be usable on 5.2 weapons. It's no Sha-touched gem, but it's extra customizable stats.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Flintte
I didn't think about raid situations where you would want to have more control over where it spreads.

You'd think, right? Yet, almost every raiding Mistweaver I have looked at has it glyphed, and everyone who complains about it being *uncontrollable* also has it glyphed.

I don't recall any exceptions.

I wasn't calling you bad, Flintte, even though it was a really broad blanket statement. :)

Riôt
90 Night Elf Druid
Post for Episode 5 is up!

/flail!

YAY!
02/11/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Riôt
I didn't think about raid situations where you would want to have more control over where it spreads.

You'd think, right? Yet, almost every raiding Mistweaver I have looked at has it glyphed, and everyone who complains about it being *uncontrollable* also has it glyphed.

I don't recall any exceptions.

I wasn't calling you bad, Flintte, even though it was a really broad blanket statement. :)

Riôt

Haha I know =)
90 Tauren Druid
02/11/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Flintte
It's mostly because I was in a 5 man and I was really bored. Also, I just switched my talent to Soul of the Forest and so I wanted to Swiftmend -> Wild Growth as much as I can just to play around with it.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I should probably start playing around with SotF more to get used to it, as it looks like it will be pretty much mandatory with the 5.2 change and better gear.

But giant poodletree-spam-LB-spam-Regrowth is fun... :(
02/11/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Pipikaula

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I should probably start playing around with SotF more to get used to it, as it looks like it will be pretty much mandatory with the 5.2 change and better gear.

But giant poodletree-spam-LB-spam-Regrowth is fun... :(

I was using Force of Nature before then, and they were kinda lame. Sorry tree buddies, at least we can still hang out when I'm Feral!

I was never a fan of more 3+ minute cooldowns, just because I'm always afraid to use them and waste them. I've finally gotten used to popping them often on my Priest and Shaman, but I feel like I would keep holding off on Tree of Life, waiting for a better time to use it until I just forget about it.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/11/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Flintte
I was never a fan of more 3+ minute cooldowns, just because I'm always afraid to use them and waste them. I've finally gotten used to popping them often on my Priest and Shaman, but I feel like I would keep holding off on Tree of Life, waiting for a better time to use it until I just forget about it.

The trick to getting yourself into using your longer cooldowns is to think about each fight ahead of time, and identify which moment(s) you want to use the cooldown. Certain moments are no-brainers to catch the moment, but other fights have mechanics where if x and y align at the same time, that's where the cooldown is needed... ie, it can be harder to predict.

Nonetheless, planning your cooldown usage is good healing practice to begin with, and additionally, it's the way to get yourself to start using them. Pretty soon it will become 2nd nature to reach for that cooldown as a response to the sh!t hitting the fan, and you'll see yourself start to use them more creatively/spontaneously when it's possible (ie, the cooldown isn't required for a specific mechanic coming up later).
90 Tauren Druid
Force of Nature is the worst talent on that tier for Resto. I like Tree because it is more flexible than most CDs in that it can be either a strong throughput CD, or a decent mana conservation CD, depending on what a fight requires. It is also nice to have the armor buff when dealing with raid-wide damage, although that is just a bonus, and not the main reason I will use it. Besides, I love to call out in Mumble, "I'm popping wood!"

And since my other raid-geared healing alt is a holy pally, yeah, I am used to burning CDs. ;)
90 Night Elf Druid
PTR is fun. And by fun I mean all of the dead bodies everywhere.

/curls up in a corner

I recorded it too, interesting :3
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yay, candy hearts! :)
In 25m, I want my RM's to stay where I put them, and the glyph just completely wrecks that plan. RM is a HoT, and we all know what happens to HoT's, right? So, I'm left with the choice of RM jumping who knows where (to probably get sniped), or I can keep them mostly in the melee, which is where I want them. I'll stop there, unless you want to know why.

Funny thing is, I've got similar reasoning for keeping it glyphed in 5-mans: I want RM to jump to the mages and warlocks who are out of range of Eminence.

02/11/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Ellarix
The trick to getting yourself into using your longer cooldowns is to think about each fight ahead of time, and identify which moment(s) you want to use the cooldown.

That works for raids, but not for dungeons. In dungeons, I'd recommend just using your cooldowns ....... well, randomly. Experiment. Use them when you don't need them and you think they would be cool.
Edited by Heartsings on 2/11/2013 5:50 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
02/11/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Heartsings
The trick to getting yourself into using your longer cooldowns is to think about each fight ahead of time, and identify which moment(s) you want to use the cooldown.

That works for raids, but not for dungeons. In dungeons, I'd recommend just using your cooldowns ....... well, randomly. Experiment. Use them when you don't need them and you think they would be cool.

idk, it might not work the first time you run a dungeon ever (since not many people will have looked into 5man mechanics ahead of time), but any fights which left a lasting, negative impression on you allow you to plan for the next time you find yourself in there.

I absolutely agree with experimenting randomly too, though. Gotta develop that muscle memory or you'll never ever remember to reach for them!
90 Worgen Druid
Healing Sha of Fear is sooooo boring... All I ever do is just run around spamming Rejuv on everything possible. Then after 12 and a half minutes, we collect loot.
90 Tauren Shaman
Just saw LFR Sha of Fear for the first time.

Now I know what to do next time I can't sleep.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would either go dps or afk for sha.
Seriously, you don't need that many healers.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would either go dps or afk for sha.
Seriously, you don't need that many healers.

Healing LFR Sha is the most mind-numbingly boring thing ever.
90 Night Elf Priest
Tonight I:

Watched two guys making out on The Following.

And then Jim Parsons and Neil Patrick Harris on Sesame Street...

Edit:

No, Jim and Neil weren't making out. :(
Edited by Elethia on 2/11/2013 10:11 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
lmao
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]