Iritha's Casserole Surprise - Healer OT

100 Draenei Shaman
Raiding atm Eiko sry ;)
100 Pandaren Priest
I'm a Delver of the Vaults! Several bosses after I probably should have been.
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Kerias
I'm a Delver of the Vaults! Several bosses after I probably should have been.

Congrats! :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
SUPER QUICK:

What the hell do I do on Tsulong as Holy? Sanc for Night and Serenity for day?

EDIT: Yeah, about looks that way. PoH spam in Night, GHeal spam in Day. Guardian Spirit the first Sun Breath, keep Renew rolling (is the amplified healing from Sun Breath maintained for Serenity's Renew refresh?), HW:Serenity - Cascade - Flash Heal spam for each Sun Breath.

If you have a third possible healer, you might want to go chastise during the night and Serenity for the day . . .
90 Gnome Priest
02/06/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Dayani
You've probably already figured this out, but no, refreshed Renew does not retain the healing buff. :P

I hadn't, but raid is over. I don't actually look at the numbers above Tsulong's head, I just sorta hit the buttons and trust that I'm doing a good job.
90 Draenei Shaman
omg, I couldn't really be online today, and I get back to the forums to see THIS!

<jawdrop>

uh... I'll come up with a recipe - lemme think for a few min... love to cook, but my mind's gone blank with the "pressure" of the situation, roflroflrofl!

k, I'm not much of a casserole-maker, but here's one recipe I've managed to spread around the city, via my son staying at school for lunch, and now around the internet, via chatting with WoW people who enjoy cooking.

Ful Nabed (known in this house as Egyptian Bean Soup)

this recipe originally came to us from the Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant cookbook (love that book!!!!!) and I've altered it over the years.

1C chopped onions
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4C olive oil
2t ground cumin
1 1/2t sweet Hungarian paprika
1/2t cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
1 lg carrot (chopped)
1C chopped tomatoes
3 1/2C vegetable stock (since we're not vegetarians, we often use chicken stock; additionally, I almost always use vegetable or chicken stock cubes, for convenience... I keep meaning to check out the tetrapacks of chicken stock that are now sold at the grocery store but haven't yet)
2C canned or cooked navy beans (the original recipe calls for 2C cooked fava beans but they're not readily available here and... I preferred the certainly-not-authenic navy beans when I did finally find fava beans)
1C spinach leaves (I often use frozen spinach, for convenience, but fresh is better of course)
1/4C finely-chopped fresh parsley
1/4C lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste (though using cubes to make my stock, I find it needs no extra salt)

saute the onions and the garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.

add all the spices and the carrots and continue to saute for 5 min

add the tomatoes and stock and simmer until the carrots are tender (about 15min)

add the beans, spinach, and lemon juice and simmer for another 10 min

add the chopped parsley and serve.

*** one alteration I made to the recipe that I feel may be important to mention is that the original recipe called for 1/4t cayenne pepper but we added more since we didn't really feel we could taste any heat with 1/4t. 1/2t seems to work nicely without it having too much of a kick for my son, who isn't as tolerant of spicy food as I'd like him to be ;)

Additionally, I never make just a single batch of this; I use a huge soup pot and make it x4 (or even more when I get together with a friend to make soup for both of our families) because we can't get enough of it when it's in the house.

We usually have grilled cheese sandwiches with it (*real* cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches, not processed cheese... and on whole wheat bread, with dill pickle spears), but the possibilities are limitless for pairing this soup with other food items for more than a light lunch. It's... amazing stuff, and thank you Moosewood Restaurant!
Edited by Ellarix on 2/6/2013 10:34 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Feels good does it not Ellarix?
100 Tauren Druid
Pipi - I've done both as Hard Mode progression, and I'll give you my own viewpoints/experiences from that perspective. Regarding Normal Modes, it's really only the logistics that are more difficult in 25m.

<good stuff>

Riôt

I should probably clarify about the DPS issues; all three guilds can field 7-9 strong raiders per week, which obviously isn't enough to field three 10 man teams. We generally have to fill this out with pugs, or with warm bodies willing to go, but not necessary all that experienced/geared for raiding. By combining the teams, we could get much closer, where filling 1 or 2 DPS slots with warm bodies may not be as drastic to the raid's success as filling those 1 or 2 slots in multiple 10 man teams.

The rest of your points are very good, and I will definitely take them into consideration. I spoke/chatted with the RLs/GMs of all three guilds tonight, plus the officers of our guild, and everyone seems very interested, for the variety if nothing else. We will probably give it a trial run to see how things go, then try to get a decent roster together for when 5.2 goes live.

I hope my computer doesn't melt...
90 Draenei Shaman
02/06/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Winnifred
Feels good does it not Ellarix?

Morenn even came by the PW thread over on the priest forum to try to find me...

<is humbled>

however, I was away from the computer this afternoon/evening for excellent reasons; spent the afternoon watching TED Talks online, just couldn't stop watching them today for some reason, and found a bunch of things via TED Talks that I'm passing along to my science-and-math-and-computer-and-everything-in-the-universe-crazy son! He spent a couple of hours (... an almost 12-yr-old) watching TED Talks about changing the institution of education, even...

and...

I got my hair cut!!!

<squeeeeeeeeee>

Feels sooooo gooooooooooood :D
90 Night Elf Druid
Pipi - I've done both as Hard Mode progression, and I'll give you my own viewpoints/experiences from that perspective. Regarding Normal Modes, it's really only the logistics that are more difficult in 25m.

<good stuff>

Riôt

I should probably clarify about the DPS issues; all three guilds can field 7-9 strong raiders per week, which obviously isn't enough to field three 10 man teams. We generally have to fill this out with pugs, or with warm bodies willing to go, but not necessary all that experienced/geared for raiding. By combining the teams, we could get much closer, where filling 1 or 2 DPS slots with warm bodies may not be as drastic to the raid's success as filling those 1 or 2 slots in multiple 10 man teams.

The rest of your points are very good, and I will definitely take them into consideration. I spoke/chatted with the RLs/GMs of all three guilds tonight, plus the officers of our guild, and everyone seems very interested, for the variety if nothing else. We will probably give it a trial run to see how things go, then try to get a decent roster together for when 5.2 goes live.

I hope my computer doesn't melt...

The only 25man fight I lag in is elegon, too much shiny crap x_x And it's only during the end phase and during the sparkley ball things ... I forget the name.
90 Draenei Priest
02/06/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Ellarix
Feels sooooo gooooooooooood :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7dg8vRDM68

/cackle
90 Night Elf Druid
I shouldn't be allowed to by office supplies.

I GO CRAZY :3
90 Blood Elf Priest
Office supplies make me libidinous.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Target has a bunch in one spot so I bought a lot for like $1 >_>

SO MANY POST ITS! I need to take pictures, I attached them to my desk lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFuNUlbYM8

If anyone was wondering what it's like to go to a bar with the Winni.

It's always the quiet ones ya gotta watch out for.
Edited by Winnifred on 2/7/2013 12:32 AM PST
90 Draenei Priest
Does everyone remember that old movie Revenge of the Nerds? Do you remember the belching contest? (If you don't know it, you should stop reading now and take a moment to look it up on youtube so you truly understand the rest of my post.)

Well...

I just found out what sound they used to dub in for Booger's belch.

Turns out, it's the sound of THE moment on 2 camels mating.

O.o
90 Blood Elf Priest
Good God Vhal.
O.o

In other news I am impossible to please while shopping.

No red.
No black.
No white.
No beige/ecru/khaki
No prints.
No asymmetry.
No Sheath Dresses.
No hemlines below tea length for anything informal.
Nothing higher than two inches above the knee.
No turtlenecks.
No low rise pants.
Nothing tapered.
Nothing itchy.
too shapeless.
too plain.
too green.
And what is it with all these weird enormous sleeves?

So whenever I go shopping I wind up with more gray pants and pink v neck tees.
Edited by Winnifred on 2/7/2013 3:20 AM PST
02/06/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Skootalloo
You've probably already figured this out, but no, refreshed Renew does not retain the healing buff. :P

I hadn't, but raid is over. I don't actually look at the numbers above Tsulong's head, I just sorta hit the buttons and trust that I'm doing a good job.

My only experience with Tsulong is LFR, but what I do is Flash Heal x2 (the 2nd one should hit right after Sun Breath is cast) -> Greater Heal -> Holy Word:Serenity -> Renew. Then don't heal Tsulong until your Renew has expired.

If you timed it right, you should be able to fit everything in a Sun Breath duration (you might be able to add another Flash Heal if you have time), and you can build up some crazy high Echo of Light ticks. I've seen 70k+, and I think I reached 100k once with Guardian Spirit on him. Casting any heals on Tsulong will greatly reduce the following Echo of Light ticks, and refreshing Renew by any means will replace the massively boosted heal. In LFR, I destroy the meters on this fight.
02/06/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Ellarix
Morenn even came by the PW thread over on the priest forum to try to find me...

I even had Rain Real ID stalking you for me in case you came online. ;)

<3
90 Pandaren Shaman
I shouldn't be allowed to by office supplies.

I GO CRAZY :3

Staples is pretty much my favorite store! I get dangerous when I'm in there.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]