Elegon Help

90 Pandaren Monk
So in every raid I've been in we've been stuck on Elegon. Can this be helped by 3-healing? Is it at all possible? We 2-heal from Gara'jal onwards but Elegon seems to be a real pain for every toon I raid on. (I'm the DPS OS so I'm not healing on the toon I'm posting on.)

So, to sum up, is Elegon 3-healable at all? If so what is the minimum DPS required?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Elegon can be 3-healed, yeah. It's hard to say exactly what the minimum DPS requirement is, since how many stacks you can get affects things greatly.

Honestly if you're having trouble healing it, the problem is more that people are taking unnecessary damage. Are stacks being reset properly? Are you using raid cooldowns when the adds blow up? Are you trying to do the achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's easier if you two heal it. Both normal and heroic are two-healable. If you could provide some logs we might be able to tell you what the deal is. I'd link you some of our logs, but all the logs from our normal kill have expired. xD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It can be 3-healed, but it's very, very unlikely that a group that's having trouble 2-healing it will be able to 3-heal it successfully. The reason most groups get stuck on Elegon (and it's a common spot to get stuck) is DPS. The other possible reason is mechanics: add tank timing being off, people not dropping stacks, etc. If mechanics and DPS are on point, 2-healing is actually quite easy, while 3healing may still be a struggle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not getting the pillars down at the same time can be absolutely horrible, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just like literally every other elegon thread the answer is "get the pillars down at the same time to minimize Cosmic Spark spawns and AOE in P2" with a side dish of "do as many Energy Charge waves as you can, then focus the boss during the last one".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Alright, thanks! (If I had logs I'd share but I don't quite yet.) Thank you all for answering. :)

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see any other Elegon threads when I looked at first.
Edited by Jellypanda on 2/6/2013 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't feel bad. It's perfectly fine to come here and ask questions about a particular fight, despite what the silly Mage may tell you. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Tiriél
Don't feel bad. It's perfectly fine to come here and ask questions about a particular fight, despite what the silly Mage may tell you. :)

^^^
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What part of the fight is wiping your raid? In addition to what others have said, make sure the add tank doesn't pull the protector out too soon, or there will be a lot of AoE damage going out, and it will take too long to blow it up. If you have any paladins in your raid, coordinate the use of Devotion Aura, as it is insanely helpful in reducing the damage in pretty much any phase you are having troubles with.

I have never tried 2-healing it, so can't help you there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've never been able to 3heal it.

The reason is all dps...once your dps is up to par and everything is properly timed (as others have said, pillars going down at proper time) it becomes a cakewalk and 3healing it becomes silly and or really a detriment to your cause.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. Are you dispelling the healing debuff cast by the protectors?
2. Is the protector going down fast enough so the tanks can swap Elegon?
3. Is everyone resetting their stacks after the sparks go down? (sparks burst and cause AoE damage when killed - not resetting stacks means people might die in that phase)
4. After the pillars go down, are you letting any of the adds melee on the platform? They get the damage buff against you - so they hit a ton. I tend to void tendril to keep them off the platform, and dps while on the platform for the buff.
5. Are you stacking up at the end? Rotating cool downs?
6. Do any of your dps use defensive and personal cooldown including healthstones if available?

These are the basic questions that come to my mind.
Edited by Feythylan on 2/7/2013 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
In my experience, Elegon is far more difficult to 3 heal than 2 heal. With 6 dps, you can easily assign one dps to each orb/pillar, but with 5, you have to get the two tanks to fill that last orb/pillar and that doesn't always work out well. More dps also means a shorter fight, and more importantly, a shorter last phase.

I haven't really healed the fight (after the first few attempts, I went Shadow so we could 2 heal), but it's really more of a dps/mechanics fight.

Debuffs have to be dispelled.
Protector's gotta be killed outside of the ring, and no one can be standing on the platform when he detonates (except the tank, who can survive via cooldowns).
Players have to reset their stacks.
Pillars should be dying at roughly the same time to limit the amount of adds
You should get 4 or 5 waves of orbs, and make sure people are resetting stacks during orb phase too. Tanks and healers can help kill orbs/pillars if there are problems.
In the last phase, everybody should be popping all cooldowns. I've saved the raid a few times with a well-timed Vampiric Embrace, dps should all be popping personal cooldowns to make your healing job easier.

Good luck with the fight, he's really not that bad once you get the hang of it.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:44 AMPosted by Flintte
Protector's gotta be killed outside of the ring, and no one can be standing on the platform when he detonates (except the tank, who can survive via cooldowns).

This isn't exactly true or myself and my cohealer are better healers than I thought (which I do not think is the case). We are always on the platform when he explodes.

edit: If you mean you need to clear stacks then yeah.. but I don't leave the platform (I jump to reset stacks as do all ranged) until there will be no platform.
Edited by Morenn on 2/7/2013 5:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Whoops, I meant I never tried 3-healing it. We 2-heal all of MSV, although we did 3-heal Stone Guards for the first 2 kills as we were learning how not to stand in poo.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I can't imagine 3-healing Elegon. Up until the burn phase, damage is minimal -- so you'd have one healer just fiddling around, possibly alt-tabbed.

Then once you get to the end, pop what you got and heal through.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea 3 healing would be rough on elegon, the key is getting at least 4 sets of orbs each time and getting in extra damage during the 5th if your not going for it, burning pillars fast switch asap with damage buff from floor and then using floor for damage buff on little !@#$ers. Make sure dks are using AMZ, shaman healing tide, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So in every raid I've been in we've been stuck on Elegon. Can this be helped by 3-healing? Is it at all possible? We 2-heal from Gara'jal onwards but Elegon seems to be a real pain for every toon I raid on. (I'm the DPS OS so I'm not healing on the toon I'm posting on.)

So, to sum up, is Elegon 3-healable at all? If so what is the minimum DPS required?

Well you're a monk, technically if you fistweave you will heal a ton on that fight due to the damage buff, while doing a fair amount of dps.

Plus you didn't exactly say which part you struggle with on healing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The fight is a dps check, not a healing check. Two healing it is the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Tiriél

Hahaha I'm not trying to discourage these type of threads, especially since this one was looking for a healing perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]